Racing

1234567 ... 42

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

I mean, how can a website with the name motorcycle.com not make any money?
That's one of the reasons why I don't have fBÖök or twtterrr accounts.
I'm with you on that, but, the real reason I don't go there is how they are so intrusive on your life.
It's one thing to deal with the ads.
But when they start tracking you, spying on you basically, and then sell that info to anyone standing there with a check, no thanks.

That being said, the ads we see now, that pays for this page.
This forum software, when we started, was free.
But, they gave notice about 2 months ago, they needed to start making something to pay for the servers.  Apparently, a lot of people had sites up and just weren't using it.
So, they canned a bunch of sites, to clear servers up.
Us, they told me we were a good site, and not to worry.

But to help out, I volunteered to let them put ads up, if it would help them, and the cause.
Ya, this place has its quirks, but believe me, they have pretty good support.
It's relatively easy to use, with some good features.
And they don't mess with us.

I hope u guys understand.

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

... Then I hit the place he used to write for, and I'm at a loss.
I mean, how can a website with the name motorcycle.com not make any money?
Well, for one thing it's by dropping one of the more popular columns, Bruce's GP previews and reports. But truthfully the biggest reason is MO does fewer reviews and they don't seem to be as detailed or critical (positive or negative) as before. Kevin Duke was an inspired editor and when he departed it felt like a lot of journalistic relevancy went with him. A reason I hang in there with the site is that John Burns still writes there - a lot of his work is journeyman stuff these days but they let him write an occasional freer-form column and those make it worthwhile. Also there are some very knowledgeable commenters on that site, who also make it worthwhile hanging on.
John Burns the guy that used to write for CW?

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

whatarush
Looks like the Yamaha M1 has lost 300 rpms do to valve problems with its engine. Yamaha has requested to the MSMA to unseal its engines to fix the problem due to safety reasons. But Honda has expressed its opposition, asking for clarification on the defectiveness.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/yamaha-engine-unseal-request-issues/4856180/

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/08/14/motogp/honda-puts-the-brakes-on-quartararo-the-msma-asks-yamaha-for-clarification.html

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

motogrady
whatarush wrote

Lol.  Ya, Yamaha calling the safety card.

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

I hope u guys understand.
Most definitely. They provide a good site and to do that they need to be profitable.
One of the ads was for steel buildings. Perfect timing as I am looking into buying one. I clicked on their site and was able to see what they have to offer.

Some guys know how to live.👍

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

whatarush
WSBK Round 4 Prosecco DOC Aragon Round is this weekend. Aragon is one of many on my bucket list to visit.

Will the Ducati's continue to dominate at Aragon?

I'm sure the SSP300 will be another great race.

We also have MotoAmerica at the Ridge in Shelton, WA this weekend.

I'm sure the Superbike race will be another one man race for the win. But the Supersport, Stock 1000, Twins Cup and Junior Cup will be worth watching.

So true.

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

whatarush
Mad4TheCrest wrote
WSBK race 2 in Aragon, was a good'un. Watch it if you can.

Also watched MotoAmerica superbike race 1 at 'The Ridge' in Washington State. Damn that is a scary track. That stupid chicane should be bypassed on the starting lap, and they need to rework that S-bend leading back to the start/finish, since if riders miss the sequence they could run on straight into the back of pit lane (or what could be a wall under cushioning).  There are freaking trees in the middle of the inner run-off on at least one corner. But, the scenery is nice.

Race 1 & 2 of WSBK was enjoyable as was the 300's. The Superpole race was a little of a let down. It's usually a good race with the rides not having to worry about tires with the shorter laps.

I just finished watching MotoAmerica races and completely agree that The Ridge is very scary track.

With this weekend being back to back at Aragon the WSBK races should be really good.

Re: Late-Breaking MotoGP site

oldironnow
Recommend this Saturday's SSP300.

Antipodal to the SBK Race1, but both are satisfying in their spirits.

Re: MotoAmerica

Re: MotoAmerica

motogrady
ll
Mad4TheCrest wrote
No alert got posted on this site, but MotoAm held a round at NJMP last weekend.  Cameron Beaubier has won all but one race this year - and by large margins, so not too exciting, but the battles downfield have been good. Worth watching if you get a chance. On Fox Sports1 Or 2, it varies (usually FS1). I sure do miss Yoshimura in the series!
Ya, agreed mad4, I've found it easy to kind of dismiss, well, 3 series this year.
WSB, I really don't follow because the way the officials monitor and choke the motors of the teams that are winning.   It's race fixing.

MotoAmerica, was really hyped at the early rounds, but ya, it's kind of a sleeping pill watching a guy
win every round by a ton.   I just would hope Cameron takes the title and next year heads over the pond. I mean, that's one of the big things people talk about when discussing the need for a strong series here in The States, getting American riders on the world stage.
Well, if that's the case, it's time for Cameron to go.

Unless that is, the USA series becomes a kind of World Superbike.
A place for guys to go that have done their best, but still need a job, or just want to keep racing.
A Matt Maladin land.

Being the token Motocross guy here, eh, I don't know.  Been a bit of soul searching on that for sure.
The traditions, the tracks, the sequence of events, this Year of the Virus has all but decimated all of it.
It's as if some promoter has started a new series from scratch.
And we all know how hard that can be.
Just ask Kevin Rainey.

I dunno, the reasons for losing interest in some venues this year abound.

But really, for one guy, there is one big one.  Ya, one stands out.

It's that Motogp has been so effin good.

Re: MotoAmerica

whatarush
motogrady wrote
[...]

I agree with both posts.

As for WSB, I wish they would get rid of the rev-limits. Maybe Aprilia and Suzuki would came back to the series. What I found funny is when Aprilia made a bike to the rule specs of WSB. they then changed the homologation regulations and limited it in racing.

It will be a busy race weekend for me, with MotoAmerica, WSBK, and MotoGP all racing this weekend. WOOHOO

Re: MotoAmerica

Dang,, that is a lot of racing. Nice.

Re: MotoAmerica

oldironnow
WSBK Catalunya Q - Normal Service.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/worldsbk-catalunya-superpole-results-2020/

But, note Folger on the list??? I will be glad to see him on track again.

Re: MotoAmerica

1234567 ... 42