Craigslist Curiosities

12345 ... 11

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
Sweet!  I love the fender lite!
Do u know the way to San Jose?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 24, 2020, at 11:30 PM, oldironnow [via Cyclevisor.com] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/d/campbell-1971-honda-cb750/7219807970.html

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2036.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

Gone.

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
Oh!

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 25, 2020, at 8:04 PM, Fatfatboy [via Cyclevisor.com] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Gone.
There once was a biker named Double-Fat. Who rode all over like a cafeined gnat.
When he once tried some Frenchy booze, His skills improved the more he wooz'd-
And he was heard to mumble, "Dood- that's where it's AT!"Uncle Ernie-4-24-2011

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2039.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

This Guzzi sure does perk my interest. I think it's the tank. Man I love them chrome tanks. Its like boobies to a babes mouth.

I would name this one Gitzie cause it just gets it.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/d/hematite-2014-moto-guzzi-v7-racer-cafe/7236424665.html

At $6500 it's not a killer deal but looks well taken care of and has no miles on it.
Now to find a juke box to go with it.

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

Allred
That does look like one very clean, well cared for machine!

The styling of those V7 Moto Guzzis is just classic, and they look as good today as they did back in '71.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-moto-guzzi-v7-is-an-overlooked-brand-new-vintage-bike/

Maybe Santa will get it for you for Christmas FatFat?

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

Allred wrote
Maybe Santa will get it for you for Christmas FatFat?

.
I think I’m still on the naughty list. 😡

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

oldironnow
I get dragged into prowling around those once or twice a year.

The problem I have is the aren't very powerful, and the running gear is pedestrian. The engine seems to be at its structural limit, forestalling any big bore kits.

Wish MG would build one with the 9 engine, at least, but that only nets a 3hp/1ft-lb gain.

So this sends me looking at vintage version from the olden days of the '80s, and then I just wander offf....

It does look like good fun, though. Skip through this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7V6IA6B2CI

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
Exactly , OI. Even the V9 doesn’t bring more than a couple of hp. I guess they are aptly named . The Stone!

Sent from my iPhone

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2282.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

oldironnow
That's true, Hack'.

And I think it's really a good bike.

I would cheer anyone who bought one.

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
People whom own them love them . Perhaps some point down the line. Although that line is growing shorter .

Sent from my iPhone

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2294.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

On the subject of Guzzi, another curiosity is the Flying Fortress.

 The first time I saw one was at the Royal Enfield dealer when I went to pickup my RE that I bought at the MC show in St. Louis. It was winter 2016 and the Fortress had just been released.
Really caught my eye with its futuristic Batman mask presence.

I have been sorta keeping a watch out for them on CL but there is none in my area ever that I've seen, although, right now I wouldn't know where to keep it. I'm starting to run out of room in the garage and I'm not sure I want to get rid of anything. The closest comparable bike to this that I have is the Lisa's Chariot, the Road Glide. I don't think she would want to swap it for the Guzzi.

Here's one in Loss Wages for a fair price.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2017-Moto-Guzzi-MGX-21-5014204269

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
That’s a lot of bike for the money . They are huge. If i remember correctly , it’s been a while since I checked them out, but you could almost shoot pool on the gas tank . It’s that vast . And not for me. A 70 Hp ev7III and guzzi may get me . But that Flying Fortress is out of my league.

Sent from my iPhone

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2299.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

“ but you could almost shoot pool on that gas tank.”

Bwahaha! That’s great. I may borrow that in the future.

Yeah, it’s a biggin but 150 pounds less than her chariot.
If I was doing solo touring I’d be very tempted to purchase one.
Of course until a get another kidney there isn’t much touring going on so maybe now would be a good time to test one for a few months.

Mmmm,,, how to get off Santa’s naughty list?

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
Lol! You aren’t on anybody’s naughty list. Let alone Santa. Hope he brings u a kidney!

Sent from my iPhone

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2309.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

Talk about taking a hit.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/d/saint-peters-2020-honda-supercub/7238805868.html

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

oldironnow
The World's Favorite Bike,
but not so much Missouri's...
Likely, life drama.

\

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

This Guzzi sure does perk my interest. I think it's the tank. Man I love them chrome tanks. Its like boobies to a babes mouth.

I would name this one Gitzie cause it just gets it.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/d/hematite-2014-moto-guzzi-v7-racer-cafe/7236424665.html

At $6500 it's not a killer deal but looks well taken care of and has no miles on it.
Now to find a juke box to go with it.
Washed dishes for 6 months back in the day for a Hodaka 100b+ just like this one.
And, I've always had an interest in owning a Guzzi........hummmm🤔 I wonder what my 2 CB 750s would bring.

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

U think it’s worth more?

Sent from my iPhone

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2323.html