Craigslist Curiosities

123456 ... 11

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

motogrady

Well, if he paid list, plus the destination fee, and taxes, he's at $3,900.
If he gets what he's asking, $2,900, that's a grand difference.

 $1,000 to go 100 Miles.

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
Not really. Whomever buys it has to pay sales tax  and licensing .  And gets a full warranty period. It may be an ok deal but no gift

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 29, 2020, at 10:05 PM, motogrady [via Cyclevisor.com] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Well, if he paid list, plus the destination fee, and taxes, he's at $3,900.
If he gets what he's asking, $2,900, that's a grand difference.

 $1,000 to go 100 Miles.

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2327.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/mcy/d/bellevue-2018-ducati-scrambler-sixty2/7242240715.html

It’s not red but I like it.
I’ve had the itch for a small CC twin for flogging around in the back roads.

This 2018 only has 700 miles on it. It’s listed on eBay for $5k.
More than I’m wanting to spin on a flogger but it is a mew Duc.

I imagine most folks just spend a few bucks more and go for the 800.

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
6k seems A bit overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 10, 2020, at 6:27 PM, Fatfatboy [via Cyclevisor.com] <[hidden email]> wrote:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/mcy/d/bellevue-2018-ducati-scrambler-sixty2/7242240715.html

It’s not red but I like it.
I’ve had the itch for a small CC twin for flogging around in the back roads.

This 2018 only has 700 miles on it. It’s listed on eBay for $5k.
More than I’m wanting to spin on a flogger but it is a mew Duc.

I imagine most folks just spend a few bucks more and go for the 800.
There once was a biker named Double-Fat. Who rode all over like a cafeined gnat.
When he once tried some Frenchy booze, His skills improved the more he wooz'd-
And he was heard to mumble, "Dood- that's where it's AT!"Uncle Ernie-4-24-2011

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2396.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

oldironnow
My son is crazy for that Scrambler platform.

I tell him not to get involved, due to the maintenance cost, which will be too heavy for his budget right now.

41HP - would be fun to spin those cams and not get in too much trouble.

https://scramblerducati.com/us/bike/sixty2/

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
I am sure.There was one model one year that was Red that had the red trellis frame that’s the one I would want

Sent from my iPhone

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2399.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

I believe you’re referring the Desert Sled.

Good looking bike but at 34” seat height it’s a big no for this shorty.

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

My son is crazy for that Scrambler platform.

I tell him not to get involved, due to the maintenance cost,
and then there’s that.

Valve adjustments. Such a pain.
“ When should I do it? How many shims should I buy? Which ones do I buy? Should I take the belts off or leave them on?
Does it matter which cylinder I do first?
Where did the blankety blank blank clip go.
Maybe Ducati dealer rates aren’t so bad,,, after all.”

Never mind. I’m going for a Buell Blast.

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

close. the one i liked also had a red tank. too high for me as well. depending how wide the set is.

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw wrote
close. the one i liked also had a red tank. too high for me as well. depending how wide the set is.

Hard to beat the classic looks of red on red Ducs.

lil'monster

This lil' 620 Monster could be a fun play around. Mixed reviews. Some claim no issues and reliable. Some say electrical issues. Probably depends on who worked on it last.

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
Always liked them,too high in the assend for me.i don’t like my nose pointed at the tarmac

Sent from my iPhone

hacksaw wrote

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2408.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

oldironnow
I always dug the classic Monster with clip-ons and rearsets.

Scruffy is fine. An Italian Sportster with cornering clearance and stance.

The seat weirds me out on the Scrambler line, but this is about having fun, and not chasing out of date parts.

Ducati's been polishing the guts of their line for reliability; I could see breaking for the new Scrambler.

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
The seat sucks. A major hold back on me buying one. I just don’t like the looks

Sent from my iPhone

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2410.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

I agree. It doesn't make me crazy with desire like some other motorcycles.

I wanted to like the Café Racer version, but i tested it and fund it to be twitchy. A review stated Ducati put the sport 17" on the front and didn't rake the frame. It was just too steep. I'm ham-fisted and could feel it wanting to tuck, even on a test ride. The rest of the bike was fine. Great suspension action right off; firm, yet compliant.

But the CR and the Full Throttle have been axed for the Nightshift. I think that seat looks better. Flatbar.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bikes/2021-ducati-scrambler-nightshift-first-look/?utm_medium=syndication&utm_source=flipboard

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

oldironnow
Jeezzuuuuz..

This steering damper came up in my search results.

It looks like the Edward Scissorhands of motorcycles.

So damn ridiculous. I bet other riders had issues with Café Racer handling.

https://motowheels.com/i-23900461-ducabike-ohlinssteering-damper-kit-ducati-scrambler-cafe-racer.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAlNf-BRB_EiwA2osbxYP0dMgYso9w9pmJEivp2DcF4xKnXT_Dr_adfoKKuTPlXdqgH8wBcRoCGngQAvD_BwE

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

hacksaw
Lol

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 13, 2020, at 11:38 AM, Allred [via Cyclevisor.com] <[hidden email]> wrote:

oldironnow wrote
Jeezzuuuuz..

This steering damper came up in my search results.

It looks like the Edward Scissorhands of motorcycles.

So damn ridiculous.
And only $690!

http://cyclevisor-com.215758.n8.nabble.com/Craigslist-Curiosities-tp1265p2425.html
To unsubscribe from Craigslist Curiosities, click here.
NAML

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

Re: Craigslist Curiosities

Allred