Racing

1 ... 45678910 ... 42

Re: MotoAmerica next year

oldironnow
Maybe things will move towards the better.

It seems a small infection was hindering healing.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/marquez-to-stay-in-hospital-after-infection-found-in-wound/

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Good lord, no! I want to see Marc sliding that Honda around corners on his elbow again. But I guess you gotta have an elbow that works ... 😟

Have noticed, unsettled times concerning mm, in the comments sections of a few sites.

Hey, maybe just rumors.

There may need to be a 4th operation.....the rider and big red are not happy with each other......
it is the doctors fault he came back way too early, and reinjured the arm........add an opinion or 2 that it might be a career ending thing.........unsettling times.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

oldironnow
That's a long time to sit in a hospital.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/marquez-released-from-hospital-but-remains-on-anti-biotic-treatment/

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Wow! That Kaw sounded like a couple lions clearing their throats and then roaring out a warning to the gazelles that they are coming. Coming hungry.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Hillier is heading into the Creg-Ny-Barr, a corner which is fairly tight, but the downhill stretch from there to Brandish is the one that will catch you out, it is waaay steeper than it looks and you can quickly over-rev it going down there. You can hear Hillier rapidly reaching max revs in the gears. We did a lap of the circuit on a Mad Sunday and I had a hell of a time braking in time for Brandish, scared the crap out of me!

Re: MotoAmerica next year

oldironnow
Allred wrote
Hillier is heading into the Creg-Ny-Barr, a corner which is fairly tight, but the downhill stretch from there to Brandish is the one that will catch you out, it is waaay steeper than it looks and you can quickly over-rev it going down there. You can hear Hillier rapidly reaching max revs in the gears. We did a lap of the circuit on a Mad Sunday and I had a hell of a time braking in time for Brandish, scared the crap out of me!
I was hoping that vid would elicit some real data from IOM vets.

Thank you!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandish_Corner

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Note that Duhamel VR1000

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Re: MotoAmerica next year

oldironnow
https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2021/01/26/why-does-quartararo-insist-on-starting-his-own-motogp-bike/360515

I like this attitude.

I would be this rider.

Maybe a pain, but I have an enthusiasm for 'team' and a love for the machine.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

I like this attitude.
A great movie, showing what a great guy Quartararo is.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Re: MotoAmerica next year

motogrady
^^^^^^

One impressive looking bike right there.
The air scoops, whatever they call them, on the front to help with front end grip.
Looks like some kind of air scoops on the brakes also.
The Ducati Red.
Ya, impressive.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

One impressive looking bike right there.
The air scoops, whatever they call them, on the front to help with front end grip.

Those scoops..........I can't help but think of the Concordski!

Re: MotoAmerica next year

motogrady

Ha, the Concorde.  I used to live in a neighborhood back in Baltimore.  BWI Airport was like, on the outskirts of town.  There is this big field at the end of one of the big runways.  It has a kind of rest stop area where you can park.  Real good place to sit and watch the big airplanes as they come in for landing.

The last trip the Concorde made there, a few of us went out and watched it land.  Was a pretty big crowd.

Very cool looker, different from all the rest, and believe me, that thing was LOUD.

Anyway, back to the present.
That Ducati, been wondering about those shrouds on the brakes.
In the world of dirt, something like them was a big deal for awhile.

But, they were for mud.

I wonder what those things are on that Ducati.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

oldironnow
I have not found an explanation for the Ducati 'wheel fairings,' but in my mind they would be for pure aero-slipperiness in a straight line (like those tractor-trailer hub covers),
OR,
and this is out there,
I wonder if those shields keep the air/ground/whirling-wheelspoke interface from 'talking' with each other when leaned over deep while cornering.

Lotsa wonders.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Re: MotoAmerica next year

I though those 'wheel fairings' were meant to speed air flow over the carbon brake discs?
Mystery to me.

1 ... 45678910 ... 42