Racing

1 ... 6789101112 ... 41

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Wow.
Can they throw in the WSBK pass for free?

Re: MotoAmerica next year

I just looked up the cost for the MOTOGP video pass.
$194.00 - $236.00.
WTH?
I'm seeing 139-169 Euros, which works out to $170 - $206

Still, crazy pricey.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

I'm seeing 139-169 Euros, which works out to $170 - $206

Still, crazy pricey.
You are correct. I mistakenly converted ponds to dollar.
Pound is $1.40.
Euro is $1.21.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

I'm seeing 139-169 Euros, which works out to $170 - $206  Still, crazy pricey.
I'm not willing to pay that anymore, I miss not being able to watch practice/qualifying but I'm just hoping that the main race will be aired on my already overpriced $121.00 a month Dish Network service.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

I’ve not decided yet but I’m against it and may not out of protest.
Last year I paid for 21 races. We got to see 13. The pandemic is not Dornas fault but to only offer the off season for free to makeup for it is not quite equal. I’ve not watched any of the off season testing in all the years I’ve had it.

The off season can usually be bought for a dollar.  They offer it at that price in hopes that you won’t change your account from auto-renew.

Dorna should give a discount to those that paid for last year or maybe the first six races free.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

oldironnow
They're going to balance their costs against the addicts who will pay any freight.

I am one of the addicts, though there is an upper limit I would find unbearable.

What I have going for me is that I do not pay for any TV service, so the Dorna bite is not so deeply felt.

I only unfold the antenna for my "Amish TV" when the Packers are on a National broadcast.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

Allred
Marquez announces he will not be fit enough to race at Qatar..............

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/155158/marquez-doesnt-know-when-he-will-make-motogp-return

Re: MotoAmerica next year

motogrady
Ya, MM.  Bummer.

I saw another interview with him.  Says strength wise, he's 20% in the shoulder.  Full range of motion,
and no nerve damage, but weak, muscle wise.  And therapy, they don't want any kind of heavy lifting.
Caution seems to be the word of the day.

The biggest takeaway I got, is the mental thing.

Gone is the "I am Superman" bravado.

Sure, he believes he can come back.  But, he's talking caution.  Taking whatever time is needed to get right. He's leaving that up to the doctors.  He says all agree, they should wait until it's believed he can take the hit of wrecking a motorcycle.  That's the goal to meet before he rides again.

As far as the other stuff, he's in the first of a 4 year contract with Honda.  Says Honda has put no pressure on him whatsoever.  He mentioned, as far as this years championship, it's not his war this time.  It's about the other guys, saying Mir has to be the favorite to win it, as he's The Champ.

Hate to say it, but MM being a factor in the 2021 World Championship, nada.

Re: MotoAmerica next year

They're going to balance their costs against the addicts who will pay any freight.

I'm sure I will be one of those addicts.

Damn-it.
But with MM gone it will be another interesting season.

I just wish there was a way to let Dorna know that I'm buying it in protest.
Does sitting in your under ware on the couch complaining on the WWW count as protest?

Re: MotoGP Fausto Gresini dead from COVID

Re: MotoGP Fausto Gresini dead from COVID

Freakin virus.
RIP Mr. Gresini.

Damn. And he seemed to be coming around.

Re: MotoGP Fausto Gresini dead from COVID

Allred

Still waiting on Aprilia and Suzuki.....

It's gonna be strange seeing Rossi in the Petronas colors.

Re: MotoGP Fausto Gresini dead from COVID

motogrady

Results from the first timed practice this year, at Losail.

1 A. Espargaro 1:54.687 42/57
2 S. Bradl +0.256 45/57
3 J. Mir +0.293 33/45
4 J. Miller +0.335 44/54
5 M. Oliveira +0.397 57/59
6 J. Zarco +0.423 49/54
7 F. Morbidelli +0.487 47/61
8 A. Rins +0.511 29/46
9 M. Vinales +0.572 33/51
10 A. Marquez +0.591 39/48
11 T. Nakagami +0.780 45/58
12 B. Binder +0.848 40/52
13 F. Bagnaia +0.885 41/50
14 V. Rossi +0.897 45/54
15 F. Quartararo +1.020 35/69
16 Yamaha T2 +1.120 15/20
17 P. Espargaro +1.191 52/68
18 J. Martin +1.460 26/37
19 L. Savadori +1.826 41/42
20 E. Bastianini +1.906 34/51
21 Yamaha T1 +1.954 29/37
22 I. Lecuona +2.233 50/55
23 D. Petrucci +2.302 59/60
24 L. Marini +2.648 25/49
25 S. Guintoli +2.773 41/51
26 D. Pedrosa +2.930 14/48
27 Yamaha T3 +4.009 22/23
28 M. Pirro +4.230 16/16
29 T. Tsusa +5.006 26/26

Ok to choose teams yet?

Re: Ok to choose teams yet?

motogrady

Rossi?

Re:

whatarush
WOO HOO.....Marc has been added to the Entry List for the 2021 Barwa Grand Prix of Qatar.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/03/09/marc-marquez-included-on-qatar-provisional-entry-list/363255

He's supposed to see the doctor this week, lets hope he gets the ok to ride.

Marc interview
https://youtu.be/w_VrE3RqVEw

Re: Re:

Allred
Now, is Marquez too much of a risk to be on your League Team..............or is it foolish not to include him???

Re: Ok to choose teams yet?

Re: Ok to choose teams yet?

I saw where he's saying his new team, Petronas, needs to go in a different direction, frame wise.
I have a feeling, after all those years on factory stuff, where a guy can almost snap his finger and poof,
new stuff appears, 46 is gonna not be too happy being on a waiting list,

As far as the team lists, nothing is set until the 20th.
1 ... 6789101112 ... 41