Racing

1 ... 40414243444546 ... 48

Re: Racing

whatarush
I just recently found out that the IOM TT has a videopass for the TT’s. Since we dropped cable some years back I’ve missed the last couple years. Now I get to watch the ones I missed.

If you care to check it out, here is a link. Cost was 29.99

https://ttplus.iomttraces.com/products/2024-tt-live-pass

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Thanks for the link !
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Aleix is being picked up by Honda for a test rider.
I wonder what happens to Stephan Bradl?

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/espargaro-set-to-become-honda-motogp-test-rider/10618699/

Re: Racing

hacksaw
Perhaps being shown the Bridl path out.

Re: Racing

whatarush

Re: Racing

motogrady

Who is  Dr. Michele Colaninno ?

Re: Racing

Holy Crap, I wasn't expecting that. Not at all. I guess he didn't want to take the chance of being overlooked by the tailing in the points Marc Marquez.

I think Ducati made a mistake by letting this happen. If I were Ducati I would rather have Martin over the aging Marquez who will demand more $$ than a younger Martin.

Re: Racing

Who is  Dr. Michele Colaninno ?
CEO of Piaggio

Re: Re:AMA Supercross

Michael Dunlop ties his uncle Joey for most wins (26)
IOM !!!!
About the only real racing left on this planet .
The rest is Buell Shit!

Or maybe buys an RV and then goes fishing.

https://www.motorcyclepowersportsnews.com/piaggio-group-appoints-michele-colaninno-ceo/
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

MV Agusta is returning to GP, with KTM engines, in 2025.
This is quite the bold move for both companies.
The engine will be the same as the factory KTM bikes. No secondary power here.
I’m excited to see another Italian brand on the track.

https://motorcyclesports.net/ktms-bold-move-mv-agusta-returns-to-motogp-but-without-its-own-engine-is-it-going-to-be-a-new-team-or-the-end-of-gasgas-2/

This move makes me think, what if Harley Davidson had kept the MV name? It would of been the closest thing for us to have skin in the game.
Dream, dream, dream.

Re: Racing

Interesting, large, heavy dirt bikes on the flat track. Hopefully Harley Davidson can make a strong presence here and mimic the days of old with the 750. That would be awesome.

I noticed Indian is not listed, yet.
FTR adventure in the future?

Maybe something like this.
https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-reviews/indian-ftr-1200-s-adventure-custom/

Re: Racing

???? Italian?
Ktm is Austrian or perhaps even Chinese.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

hacksaw
Good lord!
My eyes are bleeding!

Re: Racing

MV Agusta is returning to GP, with KTM engines, in 2025.
This is quite the bold move for both companies.
The engine will be the same as the factory KTM bikes. No secondary power here.
I’m excited to see another Italian brand on the track.

https://motorcyclesports.net/ktms-bold-move-mv-agusta-returns-to-motogp-but-without-its-own-engine-is-it-going-to-be-a-new-team-or-the-end-of-gasgas-2/

This move makes me think, what if Harley Davidson had kept the MV name? It would of been the closest thing for us to have skin in the game.
Dream, dream, dream.
Effin Harley, they could have gotten into it with Buell.

I dunno.  Everyone keeps on about how the motherships days are over, their days are numbered blah blah blah.

All I know is the majority of bikes I see out and about are HD. Young guys, older guys, maybe it’s where I live.
That brand is like the energizer bunny.
They keep going and going and going.

Ya the MV thing was tantalizing, but really,
especially after the failed electric thing,
why even bother.

Maybe they realize just do what they do the best,
ride that mystique they have till the cows come home.

Re: Racing

hacksaw
Buell was a rip off. He didn’t like Harley’s and was never afraid to say so . He needed their motors. But he was never going to be content with HD brass.
He pulled , or at least tried to pull, the same  thing with tgst Indian company .
The trellis Buells in retrospect , some if them look good.
The later ones just didn’t fit most riders.

Anyway, when you mention the energizer bunny, the only Harley that comes to my mind is the livewire!
What a POS!
1 ... 40414243444546 ... 48