Racing

1 ... 424344454647

Re: Yamaha satellite

Looks like Tech3 Gasgas is giving Augusto Fernandez the boot. He kinda expected it.
Now who will fill the saddle?
Does Miller have a 2025 seat?

https://motorcyclesports.net/augusto-fernandez-wasnt-taken-by-surprise-at-not-continuing-in-motogp-i-never-felt-good-it-wasnt-a-surprise/

Re: Yamaha satellite

oldironnow
Welcome to MotoAmerica AF.
You can hang with Baz.
Give is a shout when you arrive.

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Yamaha satellite

whatarush
Looks like Tech3 Gasgas is giving Augusto Fernandez the boot. He kinda expected it.
Now who will fill the saddle?
Does Miller have a 2025 seat?

https://motorcyclesports.net/augusto-fernandez-wasnt-taken-by-surprise-at-not-continuing-in-motogp-i-never-felt-good-it-wasnt-a-surprise/
Pedro is joining BB, Bastianini and Vinales are signed to ride Tech 3 KTM’s

Here is the most recent signings that I know of.

IMG-7250

The only one not listed is Fermin Aldeguer that is already signed with Ducati but not with a team yet. I suspect VR46.

Rumor is Jack is going to Gresini. With Giannantonio signed on till 26 and getting a 2025 duc at VR46

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2024/07/01/2024-rider-market-confirmed-signings-and-latest-rumours/495468

Re: Yamaha satellite

oldironnow
Spencer out.
Crafar in.

https://superbikeplanet.com/story/1095/crafar-to-take-over-fim-stewards-panel-in-2025-replacing-freddie-spencer

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Yamaha satellite

motogrady

Looks like we might have an American rider in motogp next year.

Re: Yamaha satellite

whatarush
That would be awesome!!! I hope it happens.

We got a couple more contracts signed with J. Mir and R. Fernandez

IMG-7264

Re: Yamaha satellite

whatarush
I’ll miss his great pitlane reports. But I’m sure he’ll do a WAY better job the Spencer has done

Re: Yamaha satellite

whatarush

Re: Yamaha satellite

motogrady
Ya.   Bummer.

But eh, didn’t Joe pass up a motogp ride 2 years back?
Prob kicking himself in the ass if he did.

Re: Yamaha satellite

whatarush
WDW Race of Champions will be live Saturday morning here.
https://www.youtube.com/live/KJHfINUT3JE?si=EHKC2mFRqlCfMrjT

Qualifying can be seen here.
https://www.youtube.com/live/YB_WvJv_i0U?si=o0RsTf-pvB87SHw2

Re: Yamaha satellite

oldironnow
whatarush wrote
WDW Race of Champions will be live Saturday morning here.
https://www.youtube.com/live/KJHfINUT3JE?si=EHKC2mFRqlCfMrjT

Qualifying can be seen here.
https://www.youtube.com/live/YB_WvJv_i0U?si=o0RsTf-pvB87SHw2

Thanks for the headsup !

Hmmm... they didn't ask Herrin to come over and play.

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Yamaha satellite

hacksaw
WD40 Race of Lubricants

Re: Yamaha satellite

oldironnow

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/evolve-gt-hosting-first-motorcycle-track-day-at-ozarks-international-raceway/

It might become more than a car-only venue.

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Yamaha satellite

whatarush
Interesting…when the local TD guys want to look it over. They said the outer loop was still unsafe do to lack of runoff and guardrails to close to the track.

Re: Yamaha satellite

oldironnow
whatarush wrote
Interesting…when the local TD guys want to look it over. They said the outer loop was still unsafe do to lack of runoff and guardrails to close to the track.
Well dang.
The story had the issue lying in the inner loop, but even disregarding that, the aerial photo makes the track look very narrow. No wonder it’s not happening.
Quite the shame.
Nice shapes.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Yamaha satellite

oldironnow
MotoGP - 11 meetings left.
WSBK - 6 meetings to go.
MotoAmerica - 3 meetings until the end.
Flattrack - Either four or five meetings on that schedule.

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Yamaha satellite

whatarush wrote
WDW Race of Champions will be live Saturday morning here.
https://www.youtube.com/live/KJHfINUT3JE?si=EHKC2mFRqlCfMrjT

Qualifying can be seen here.
https://www.youtube.com/live/YB_WvJv_i0U?si=o0RsTf-pvB87SHw2
Thanks for sharing this.
We watched it last night. I predicted the winner.

My man Martin was looking sloppy. My guess is because it has absolutely nothing to do with a championship why bother.

Re: Yamaha satellite

Nice go cart track.

Re: Yamaha satellite

I belong to a MOTOGP page on Reddit and a Brit posted this pic of the stands on race day.

He noticed a big drop in attendance this year.
A lot of guys blame the cost to watch it on tv. Some say it’s because there are no Brits in the top class.
I wonder what the truth is and if Dorna is taking notice.

Trackhouse had the opportunity to put an American in but chose not to. So when will we see an American in the top class? Do you think it would help or will it take an American bike to join in to get Americans to pay attention to the sport?

Re: Yamaha satellite

hacksaw
Truth is this particular sport is boring. At least watching from the stands. What’s to see? A few bikes that all look the same blow by in a couple of seconds? Even golf is more exciting.
1 ... 424344454647