Real Rides.

1 ... 161718192021

Re: New England trip.

hacksaw
I can’t recall a Bananas .
But it looks like you did well.

One bunch , two bunch , three bunch bananas …

Re: New England trip.

grado
Administrator

Butch the guy that owns the local hardware store broke out his bad ass scooter the other day.

Said it gets between 100 and 120 mpg.
Does nothing when he puts it away for the winter.
No stabul, no need for antifreeze, just parks it in the barn
in the fall.

Said it starts right up in the spring.

Designed with a top speed of around 35mph
it doesn’t hit the hiway or bigger secondary roads.
Outside of town it would be holding up traffic.

“If I had to go to Kingwood,” that’s a town maybe 10 miles away, “and it was walk or ride, I’d ride that. But no more.”

Re: New England trip.

hacksaw
It’s rather homely

Re: New England trip.

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: New England trip.

hacksaw
You meet the nicest people walking on the wild side.
LMFAO!
What  a load of crap!

Re: New England trip.

grado
Administrator
hacksaw wrote
You meet the nicest people walking on the wild side.
LMFAO!
What  a load of crap!
Load of crap?

Some of the best times of my life, were spent with
those little nice girls, ones that took a walk on the wild side on a Saturday night.

Re: New England trip.

Did u pluck your eyebrows on the way? Lol.

I am talking about the scooter being some   kind of iconic
Velvet underground thing.
I know nothing about the video or your involvement with it .
I say Live and let live. Didn’t mean to make it sound personal .

Re: New England trip.

grado
Administrator

First I saw of it.

Apparently Lou was or is a mod.
Or got paid pretty good act like one.

Re: New England trip.

hacksaw
I think lou was a legit influence on musicians and song writers more than mainstream  charts.
I really like the tune Sweet Jane .

I took your respond the wrong way .
Sorry for that .

And the grado said “do do do da do do do ,
Do do do do do do …”

Re: New England trip.

m143 wrote
We also rode with Bananas and company in Fla.
We went to a fish camp with wild taxidermy.

That was a great ride. That was a great trip all together.
If memory serves me correctly you and your bride met up with my bride and myself in Jackson and we rode east to Savanna, watched flat track and then headed south to hook up with Bananas and his friend.

I first met Bananas when he bought a Vstar in Columbia, Mo or Kansas, I believe.
He did a fly and ride.
I met him at a gas station in mid Mo. and rode south with him for a day or so.

One year the family and myself set up a trip to Key West. I trailered the fatboy to his house west of Daytona, Helen Lake if I remember correctly. Dropped of the trailer at his place. The family headed to the keys in the car.
Then he and a friend rode with me through central Florida to where the Key West bridge started.
I don’t think I’ve ever ridden in windier or wetter ride. Central Florida got 12” of rain that day. One of those large metal green exit signs blew right in front of Bananas and came pretty close to taking him out. They stayed with me all the way to a small town just before the bridge started. As soon as I got on to the bridge the skies cleared up and I saw the most stars I’d ever seen. They were reflecting off my chrome nacel.
Banana and friend headed back north.

Re: New England trip.

hacksaw
I would like to ride to and thru key west.
Florida though , gets some of the heaviest pouring rain I have ever seen . No way I would ride in that.

Re: New England trip.

hacksaw wrote
I can’t recall a Bananas .
His real name is Bob. Really a nice guy.
He was riding a Stratoliner that had a batwing fairing and some nice hard bags. It was root beer in color.  It was a good looking bike except the chrome strips Yamaha put on the tank.
If memory serves me correctly he was riding a large sport tour when Walt and I hooked up with him.

He pulled off of CW because of a certain person we all know. He thought it was childish.

Re: New England trip.

grado wrote

Butch the guy that owns the local hardware store broke out his bad ass scooter the other day.

Said it gets between 100 and 120 mpg.
Does nothing when he puts it away for the winter.
No stabul, no need for antifreeze, just parks it in the barn
in the fall.

Said it starts right up in the spring.

Designed with a top speed of around 35mph
it doesn’t hit the hiway or bigger secondary roads.
Outside of town it would be holding up traffic.

“If I had to go to Kingwood,” that’s a town maybe 10 miles away, “and it was walk or ride, I’d ride that. But no more.”
Kinda looks like the Honda Reflex.
I’ve seen several of the 250cc size on marketplace.

Re: New England trip.

hacksaw wrote
I would like to ride to and thru key west.
Florida though , gets some of the heaviest pouring rain I have ever seen . No way I would ride in that.
Every other time I have been to Florida when it rained it usually was done and dry in just a couple hours.
I think that 12” was a non-hurricane record.

Re: New England trip.

Well, I am sorry if he quit cw becuz of me. He is probably not the only one , I don’t like brown or root beer colored bikes. Brown is for decks and cabins in the woods. I don’t like stratobarges and the whole Star line up.
When Star so called separated from Yamaha their ads showed “bikers” modeling the Star cruisers with clouds in the  sky ghosted images of board track Indian riders.
I thought that , and still do , think it was the lamest ad campaign in Moto history .
Maybe I was over the top on criticism and he split the forum .
In no defense of myself, I wouldn’t quit a forum with people I rode with just bcz one particular person was
Childish . In which case I am sorry if you lost a pal due to me.
Over the years I have worked to make my critical rants a bit more palatable in a public acceptable way . Often unsuccessfully. Remember the CW Forum did not originally require registration . It was truly the wild west . The GXXR wars alone were insane .
So I guess that mode  stayed with me for many years .
Anyway, ya know what they say about people that can’t take a joke!

Re: New England trip.

That was a great ride. That was a great trip all together.
If memory serves me correctly you and your bride met up with my bride and myself in Jackson and we rode east to Savanna, watched flat track and then headed south to hook up with Bananas and his friend.
It was an awesome trip.
Me and the Old Lady a week in New Orleans, got on a rental Ultra Classic and headed for Jackson Mississippi to meet you guys.

I don't know if Jackson makes me think more about Charlie Daniels, or June Carter dancin' on a pony keg.

Banana's showed us around Fla. It was good to have a local show us around.

I have some more pics somewhere.

Serious fun.

Re: New England trip.

hacksaw wrote
Well, I am sorry if he quit cw becuz of me.
Nope

Re: New England trip.

hacksaw
“I don't know if Jackson makes me think more about Charlie Daniels, or June Carter dancin' on a pony keg.”

Nancy and Lee hazelwood for me.

-we got married in a fever , hotter than a proper sprout
We been talking ‘bout Jackson
Ever since the fire went out ..-

Re: New England trip.

m143
"The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight, in Jackson Mississippi on a Saturday night.
Especially when there was three of them and only one of me". CD

Re: New England trip.

hacksaw
Well I wasn’t sure what Jackson u were , or Daniels, was singing about but I guess I do now.
1 ... 161718192021