Real Rides.

1 ... 1415161718

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
I would much rather have a BMW .
Of course depending on the model .
The pan whatever does nothing for me.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

I have always been intrigued by the R1800. First gen base models are in the $10k-13K area.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

I have always been intrigued by the R1800. First gen base models are in the $10k-13K area.

Swore I saw Thursday a BMW with this type of fairing tucked up behind three CHP on BMW RTs motoring north on 101 near Gilroy. The lower half of the bikes were obscured by the median divider.

I wonder if they want a parade bike.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
HUGE machines. With no place to stretch your legs. Poor sales. I never saw one used going for 10k .
But if they have got that low it’s bcz how can one go long on a bagger with no room for one’s legs?
I really don’t off hand know what they weigh, but I wouldn’t be surprised at 800lbs .
Maybe with their power they would make a good trike.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Re: Fatboy’s rig

A cop buddy said that their HD fleet is being swapped out for BMW's. He didn't say what model but He wants to buy his twin cam cop Road King. He said that it's not as easy as you think. There is usually someone jumping the line and buying them up and reselling them. Usually, a buddy of the fleet manager.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

That head!
It's the Jerusalem Cricket of motorcycles !

Re: Fatboy’s rig

A cop buddy said that their HD fleet is being swapped out for BMW's. He didn't say what model but He wants to buy his twin cam cop Road King. He said that it's not as easy as you think. There is usually someone jumping the line and buying them up and reselling them. Usually, a buddy of the fleet manager.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
A boss of mine used to say it’s not who you know, it’s who you blow.
It’s not uncommon for moto cops to be denied buying the bike the rode in service.
Some fleets these days are rented I believe . And go back to the dealers .

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Re: Fatboy’s rig

motogrady

Went to the hardware store today,
and a motorcycle dealer broke out.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
They come with a funnel ?
Reminds me of those Royal Oilfields!

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Went to the hardware store today,
and a motorcycle dealer broke out.

Did you happen to see what they price them at?
I see similar mini bikes at the tractor farm and home stores.
I like the idea of moto seeds being planted with these. I just wish they were USA built. The ones I saw were Chinese built.

I see them on marketplace all the time for almost nothing. Usually needs throttle cable and carb “adjustment”.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

motogrady
$799.99.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

motogrady
“ I just wish they were USA built. The ones I saw were Chinese built.”

If that ain’t the truth.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
Truth is you can put one together from kits and use a Briggs.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

motogrady

Ya I looked there are kits.
For about the same money.

I also looked up a few reviews.
Coleman Powersports has basically the same
bikes for sale over at Tractor Supply. For the same money.
All in all, they wernt bad.
A throttle cable sticking, nothing like 20 years ago when
hubs were disintegrating and whatnot.

Yes, it sucks.

But, it’s the way of the world we live in.
What isn’t made in India or Rangoon.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
I don’t recall hubs disintegration . But my experience goes back a lot farther than 20 years.
Several months ago a guy here was selling Coleman’s cheap. But I didn’t bite.

You can pick up frames pretty cheap .

Re: Fatboy’s rig

grado
Administrator

Spring has sprung in my little town!

Re: Fatboy’s rig

The heard’s are thickening around these parts as well and I’m jealous.
Saturday we had to go to a town about 35 miles away to see some friends.
Of course we are still caging it because of the knee thang.
I skipped the slab and took the route I would normally take on the bike just cause I miss it. Lots of bikes out.

I’m walking without a walker and a cane so I think it won’t be long I’ll climb on the bike and see if I can lift it.

1 ... 1415161718