Uncle Ernie’s Place

1 ... 13141516171819 ... 27

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
That’s why I don’t understand why so many people waste much of their lives filled with hate.
Heck I hate certain things . But I am not consumed with hate like I see so many are these days. Life is too short .

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Amen and amen.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
I believe that despite any down turn in longevity in America.
I am sure we live longer than people alive during the centuries before EM and big pharma.

But then again is all academic in regards to the individual .
I will soon be 71. My dad died at 79. And was sick for at least a year b4 hand.

Sobering reality .
If you happen to make it into your 70’s the chances of making It out of them suck .

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

motogrady
hacksaw wrote
I believe that despite any down turn in longevity in America.
I am sure we live longer than people alive during the centuries before EM and big pharma.

But then again is all academic in regards to the individual .
I will soon be 71. My dad died at 79. And was sick for at least a year b4 hand.

Sobering reality .
If you happen to make it into your 70’s the chances of making It out of them suck .
I think the lifespan here in the states did drop just a bit last year.

Effin Covid vaccines, gotta watch ‘em.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

I think the life expectancy dropped because of the million people who died from COVID, most of whom were over 65. If every person who died might have expected only another 3-5 years of life, that represents a significant chunk of lifespan gone across the 65+ population.

And the kicker? Good old COVID, which didn't exist in humans before the end of 2019, is now a permanent threat to every older person, forever. The odds are depressingly  good that COVID-based pneumonia will replace every other pneumonia as life's last call for each of us.

On a side note, if some mad scientist wanted to design a curb on human population - without destroying civilization,  they couldn't have done much better than COVID. Thing is, usually population curbs in nature work against the youngest; in this case is getting rid of the old.

Gaia Hypothesis in action.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

motogrady

Hang in there my friend.
You need anything I check motogrady@yahoo.com
a few times a day. 🙂

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

"wooden it be nice if we were older and we didn't have to wait so long..."

- the Beech Boys

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

The Black Plague and early childhood diseases claimed many before Covid

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Mad4thecrest
Wooden wood
Beech is a wood
Beech boys song “wooden (wouldn’t ) it be nice “

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

No quitting.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Hang in there my friend.
You need anything I check motogrady@yahoo.com
a few times a day. 🙂
I’m all good man. I just posted those death deals because there was a lot of talk about so many kickin off and some way to young. I’m still swinging to the fences. All though I’d probably be swinging over the fences if I could get a ride in.
I’ve not rode a bike since mid October when my knee started screaming at me.
The bright side is I’m dealing with it during winter. If this happened during peak riding season I’d be one crappy SOB.
Now I’m just prickly 🦔

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Lol. I hear you F2. I was out a little in November actually. We had some nice weather but I didn’t ride far. Not a lot of fun riding around here anymore anyway.
I will need to breakout in some form this spring. Body permitting.

As it was said. Hang in there.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

1 ... 13141516171819 ... 27