Uncle Ernie’s Place

1 ... 14151617181920 ... 27

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
There was a whole bunch of these pictures on ADV rider 30 years ago . I haven’t been on that board in many moons. I wonder who may still be on it? Old road road?

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

m143
hacksaw wrote
There was a whole bunch of these pictures on ADV rider 30 years ago . I haven’t been on that board in many moons. I wonder who may still be on it? Old road road?

I go to ADV for sidecar content.
And I pulled some of UE's  girls and mc photo's from ADV and posted them here on the Visor.
Oh yeah, I learned about the Trans Mass. Trailway on that site.
I remember ORT when he was on the CW forum.
Colder than a Dead Eskimo here today.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
It is cold!

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
lol.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Looks about the same as every other plastic Japan bike ever made .
The only way I could usually tell them apart is by the  color. Unfortunately skinny jeans and male bunheads  have made oem’s shy from producing much of visual distinction . Been this way for several years now.
Yellow Yamahas ? Green Kawasakis, red Hondas and blue Suzukis are at least interesting.
Most others are not.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Spotted a rare bird a couple days ago. Wonder what our old buddy Smokedog is doing? He'd like this ...

Smoke Dog is still doing what he does. He post on FB now and again under his real name. Andre Conn.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Saw this on FB. Instantly thought of Walt.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Walt?

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

grado

Yeah that sweet.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
man it sure is!!!!!!!!!

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

looks like that red line is a breather to it.so its a catch can or oil filter of some sort.
just a guess.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
hacksaw wrote
looks like that red line is a breather to it.so its a catch can or oil filter of some sort.
just a guess.
Brilliant !

I posted this because the tortuous exhaust had my eye. And i found it because i searched for “belly pan oil tank sportster”. I guess that’s the long aluminum wedge under and in front of the engine. There’s a drain plug.

I contend there’s always some kind of compromise when one tries to cram too much sport into a Sportster. There’s just not the proper room. Something gets compromised.

But I bet you nailed it hacksaw! I bet that’s an oil-separating breather.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
the exhaust is painful to view.
the bike is pretty none the less.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
What? Lol!
One can’t do that with shaft drive!

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Well sometimes one has to grow up a bit in order to grow old.
Leave that to Walt and other individuals. I coukd have been dead years ago . Lord had a place for me I guess. Hope he still does.
1 ... 14151617181920 ... 27