Uncle Ernie’s Place

1 ... 17181920212223 ... 27

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

whatarush
I’m terrible at getting pics to upload. So here is a link to original images https://postimg.cc/gallery/H5MV26s

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Big bike

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Who the heck is buying these ugly things?
Ok , the 7’9 doesn’t look all that bad . Comparatively at least. red frame and metal colors help it a bit.

The other two , I mean why didn’t you post the prices? Bcz it would be embarrassing?
U said nicely finished? With what? A can or two of Krylon flat black ?
Why in gods name are people paying thousands upon thousands of dollars for something that looks like it runs on firewood and was pulled from a cabin someplace?

This fugly  moto trend can’t end too soon to suit me.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
the R18 you posted in shiny black with BMW traditional double white pinstripe and chromed rocker boxes is a nice looking bike. it has a great silhouette. it appeals to me as a well rounded woman would.
the one in flat black sux. basically the same shape. i get that. but its boring flat paint for big money.

give me the R18 first shown in 1000cc scale and i will buy it.

the harley just looks like shit. its ugly and painted even uglier.
its just an ugly bike painted even uglier.
that muffler is ridiculous. how is the bike balanced with that thing hanging off of one side.?
it looks like something dug up from the bombed out ww2 ruins of a dusseldorf factory.

my point wasnt about the merits of the design . nor even the quality of construction.
its 20plus thousands of dollars on boring looking crap.
i am totally over the murdered out look.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw wrote
i am totally over the murdered out look.
Agreed. I want mine with nice paint and shiny bits. Flat black is for bobbers.

I do like the R18 in black with the chrome. I like them so much I almost stepped across the threshold at the  BMW shop for the first time ever.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
I think the PanAm looks like a deconstructed ‘60s automobile.
And I would buy it.
The seat felt great.
The power felt great.
It handled great.
That American thing functions.
Function is important.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
No body needs this bike. It has only one function which is to please it’s owner.
It’s ugly. Meaning it fails functionally.
I agree if you mean it came out of 60’s junk yard.
Its a true eye bleeder.
Maybe even worse than Buells.
Form is the essence of function .

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw wrote
 It has only one function which is to please it’s owner.
 Sounds like the best reason to own it.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

"...I think the PanAm looks like a deconstructed ‘60s automobile."

I am going to be pondering that imagery for a while 😉
For some reason i get a little GM out of it.
Like a ‘65 Tempest or an early ‘70s Nova with an overbite hoodline.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
I am more interested in how well its shape does what the shape was intended to do.

It seems to do the attributes of an ADV bike very well.

I enjoy that it’s essential structures are displayed without shame.

“A rationally designed structure may not necessarily be beautiful, but no building can be beautiful that does not have a rationally designed structure.“

“Firmitas, Utilitas, Venustas”

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
I don’t understand why ADV bikes have to be ugly.
But I guess the more car like motorcycles get, the less I am interested in them.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Oh , and define rational .

And remember something very important .
A structure my very well need to be designed to accommodate a particular need. I mean bomb shelters come to mind.
But ugly houses don’t sell like attractive ones do.

But we aren’t talking structures. We talking motorcycles .
People need housing , they don’t need motorcycles.
There are many absolutely beautiful motorcycles out there .
Why chose one that looks like a junked “65 tempest?

That is totally irrational .

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

I am
Not a knucklehead fan .
Much rather have a Pan .

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

“ I don't know if there was some residual company knowledge  from the Buell Ulysses experience at play in the PanAm development”

Never thought I would see the day where Buell could be insulted by comparison . But WOW ! There it is!

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Random Photo

1 ... 17181920212223 ... 27