Uncle Ernie’s Place

1 ... 18192021222324 ... 27

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

m143
Random Picture

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Eric Bull!

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbaya,
Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbaya, oh, Lord, Kumbaya.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
hacksaw wrote
Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbaya,
Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbaya,
Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbaya, oh, Lord, Kumbaya.
That’s a rough pass for me, pairing poorly with the rider down the street who killed himself today. I had no idea he was on that edge.

But whatevs, right?

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Riding is usually a therapy for depression; sorry to hear that it wasn't enough for your neighboring rider. I hope it continues to be enough for all of us here in this place.
Exactly.
And it’s more than therapy for me.
It’s nearly life support.

Wrapping up the house last night, shutting off lights and checking the doors, walking through the darkness muttering to myself…. “He had a motorcycle… why didn’t that work???…..
You gotta ride enough to overcome the shit-level in your life, …… or you gotta lower the shit-level…”

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
My guess is a lot more people get killed while riding than riders that commit suicide .
I would also believe that many victims in either case have family and other things in their lives that go toward a full life they could be missing in life besides a motorcycle .
RIP all whom have gone on from life

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

You gotta ride enough to overcome the shit-level in your life, …… or you gotta lower the shit-level…”

.
Words of wisdom there.

Ride in peace brother of the wind. I'm sorry you weren't able to take the path through the level of shit.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
I am glad you saved the original tins!
As you may know I sold mine . Haven’t been riding much .
So today my back says let’s fire up the R65 and putt a bit .
The clutch is stuck AGAIN !
Pisses me off .
Right now motorcycles are causing me more shit than relaxation .
Dammit!

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw wrote
My guess is a lot more people get killed while riding than riders that commit suicide .
I would also believe that many victims in either case have family and other things in their lives that go toward a full life they could be missing in life besides a motorcycle .
RIP all whom have gone on from life
 I was tempted to believe that as well.
The data is hard to parse.
Trying to get a number for middle-age men is eluding me.

But this i have found:

So many different fractions in play.
It seems that 40K men die each year by suicide.

And if 90% of riders are male,

then total male riding deaths COULD be ~ 6,100.

But there’s approximately 187,000 suicide attempts, and …. Lots of parsing.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
You miss my point .
How many of those suicides were of people whom are dedicated motorcycle riders?
I certainly believe more “bikers” die in moto accidents than by their own hand.
That’s all I meant to stress.
A guy whom kill’s himself is sad .
But all the people whom die in moto  crashes, many due to no fault of their own , is outrages .

As to stats . Well , that’s BS too.
I agree it’s generally safer to ride in rural environments.
But these stats , I mean I see mainly young guys whipping around on 50+- cc tiddlers. Are they included in the stats along with gold wing riders?

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Of course .

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Steam punk?

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Manly hair chopin place.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
Stoked to have something very interesting to look at.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Manly hair chopin place.
Barber Motorsports!
1 ... 18192021222324 ... 27