Uncle Ernie’s Place

1 ... 27282930

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Nice to live next to a NAPA store.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw wrote
How much for The  manniQuin?
I coukd use her to use the  Diamond lanes on Ct interstates
She’s not for sale.
I think he’s in love with her.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Oh!!

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
This is your Jesus moment?

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow

https://thevintagent.com/2017/10/07/showman-in-a-suitcase-putt-mossman/

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow

Very cool.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Indian

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

I was watching some YouTube videos Canned Heat’s On the Road Again came on with different images flashing across the screen. Saw these two interesting shots of the group on bikes. A couple of pans and a sporty but the bike on the far left has something different.
Can anyone tell me what motor that is?

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
Vee-Dub ?

I’m pn my phone.
Need the desktop.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Mmmm,,,, could be. Those valve covers look bolted on. I thought the old VW valve covers were held in place by a tension bar(???) kinda like the old brake reservoirs were held in place.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Offenhauser valve covers on that Corvair motor.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

🏆 and here’s your trophy.

Thanks Keith. I believe that is the only bike I’ve seen with a covair motor. Interesting. I would like to see more of this bike.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

I wonder if it’s Norm’s bike?

https://www.motortrend.com/features/grabowski-motorcycle/

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
It sure looks it. Norm was in a lot of movies and his T bucket in lots of tv shows .
So I am guessing the photo of the MC is a movie still. I don’t think norm was a patch holder. Is he the guy on the bike in that picture? Idk

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Canned Heat . Well I guess the band was out that way for a while so perhaps they rounded up some bikes for that promo shoot.
Edjumactional stuff.
Norm being a few years ahead of my time.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

The smell of spilled fuel in my garage evaporated the memory-fumes of this Egan.
Had to seek it out.
https://magazine.cycleworld.com/article/1988/6/1/alas-albion

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Well being that I leak more overnight than my triumph and the fact that leaded gas is not mainstream available , the article , Allthough a good read , is irrelevant .
Egas in comparison stinks to high heaven.
Leaded is good.
I recall those late October nites where over rich chokes waft leaded exhaust with a wondrous aroma never forgotten
Egas , not Egan , sux!
1 ... 27282930