Uncle Ernie’s Place

1 ... 25262728293031

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

motogrady

Bummer to hear that FF.

We’ve still got ours here in town.

It’s like walking back in time.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
God bless that .
They are competing with home depot and on line.
We lost our independent lumber yard about ten years ago which was also an historic hardware joint.
Even becoming a True Value couldn’t save it.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

I’m saddened to see my local hardware store, after 64 years running, is closing up due to health/retirement.

Sad to see mom and pop places disappearing.

It's flat-out awful.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
It damn sure is.
Funny thing too. We had a Sears hardware store about 25 years ago . Lasted maybe 10 years? Maybe not even that long. It was actually great. They had all kinds of stuff nobody else carried.
Walking thru there was fantastic idea creator. I knew the jug was up when the area dedicated for garden and seasonal stuff became appliances.
Gone soon after . Not a family owned deal for sure. But extremely functional.

I also lament the loss of the Radio Shack parts racks.
There used to be an independent electronics store in the city. Long gone . I guess nobody fixes stuff anymore . Just throw shit away .
Anyone remember in store tube testers? Tv repair men?

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
Store tube testers !!!!

https://www.morningstarobs.com/drug-store-tester.html
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Oh yes!
Part of my job in a drug store was to keep the tubes supplied in one of these testers.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Anyone else remember the smell of the the tubes warming up in the television.
I’m not sure but I think it was the dust that settled on the tubes burning on the tubes. Tube amps have that same smell.
Man, I’d like to have a tube amp.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
I don’t recall the smell . I don’t doubt it .

I had my fathers old Scott FM mono receiver refurbished some years  ago . I just haven’t got around to getting a tube amp yet.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Today’s ride. Riding out of the sun and into the moist.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Rolling pipe organ

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
P.O.S. !!!

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Today’s ride. Riding out of the sun and into the moist.
That is beautiful.👍👍

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Depends completely on whom asks !

Best photo of the year !
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

My Grandson wanted a picture of our bikes.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Thanks Oldiron. I wouldn’t mind having that one turn into print.
This is the front view of what I was riding into.

I shouldn’t of washed the bike just before a 250 mile ride.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

m143 wrote
My Grandson wanted a picture of our bikes.

That’s awesome Walt. Proud grandson there.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Fid reminded me of the date.
Gone to soon.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
he was younger than me by almost 11 months.
i really kick myself for not buying his indian. but i was home with a new baby.
but what's worse is he passed away under circumstances i just never understood.
RIP Ernie.

1 ... 25262728293031