"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

1 ... 14151617181920 ... 23

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143
That's awesome!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143 wrote
That's awesome!
Process heat recovery FTW

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
didn't do much. tried to ride the R65. clutch is stuck again!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw wrote
didn't do much. tried to ride the R65. clutch is stuck again!
That sucks. I checked my manual for Advanced Clutch Busting for Airheads and it said to try;
Option 1) Get the bike rolling with clutch lever pulled in. Rev the motor up and down. This can pop it loose.

Option 2) Put front wheel against a wall or solid post. Tap the starter button. This can pop it loose.

Option 3) Pull the clutch apart.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Right .
You have been to my place . Not really anywhere to just take off on the starter motor.
If I go down the hill and it’s still stuck there is an avenue of traffic waiting to take me out .
I may try the wall deal yet .
My retired bmw master mechanic says try rolling tge bike in second or third gear.  I had my girls pushing . The bike would roll in gear. Lol. Clutch in of course .
So I don’t know .
If my buddy comes by we will try the wall . He may be a little braver and in better shape to try the hill .
I am waiting for the dealer to get back to me on if there is , as is made for some jap bikes, a synthetic clutch disc less prone to sticking .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Buell(C) Service Buelletin
(Mukwonago, Wis. Aug. 7, 2023)

For immediate release.

Buell(C) Lightning owners who have removed the bitch-ass-difficult-to-live with metal support ears from their Buell(C) seat pan (in an effort to NOT have to beat on the seat in front of The Law to access the registration papers, since The Law can randomly be excitable), may find the pan deflecting during use and causing wear on the ECU-adjacent wiring loom.

Hard starting issues may result, featuring starter kickback,  the trip meters reseting to zero, and momentary complete power-down of entire electrical system while cranking, which might lead owners to think the battery connectors have sh-sh-sh-shaken loose.

They are incorrect in this instance.

The support ears were not installed to make the owners’ lives difficult out of spite. It was done because Buell(C) is “Different In Every Sense”(C) and you will be reminded of this fact every day.

If owners cannot find their ears or backside anymore, or even with both hands, the recommended solution is to relieve the support web on the underside of the seat pan until the owner might find their ears to relieve them instead for easier seat removal.

It is further recommended that they also inspect the irritated loom, because we here at Buell(C) World Headquarters(keep-the-faith) suspect a short has developed, and it needs to be carefully inspected after watching the Silverstone race, the one with the very soaking-down drenched qualifying.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
good informative post.

the closest i ever came to having a buell was buell heads on a sporty.
thunderstorm? cant recall the actual name. nice heads.
otherwise i just never warmed up to Buell. i did like the originals. but thats before i decided buell was an azzhole.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
After the Thunderstorm heads, I believe the 03-Up Buell heads are considered the best Sportster heads.

https://hammerperf.com/ttxlheads.shtml

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
excellent! thank you.
i always knew my "88 883 with the harley 1200 kit and stock heads ran meaner than my later 5speed 1200.
now i know why.
hammer performance has a great rep. i will use them in the future.
a hot, but streetable, meaning mid range grunt, XL is on my wish list.
i need to get rid of a whole bunch of stuff first. but its my ultimate bike.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
I think your focus is on pre-rubber mounts, and i like that era.
Lean and tight.
Elemental.
A guy at work had one. His one bike forever, and it was neat to see how he just maintained it. Clean, but not perfect. His daily commute vehicle. A simple machine with a La Pera saddle.

Never anything over the top. A big change was a black powder coating of the wheels when the paint wore off.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
i had a rubber mount too. it was ok. i actually like the 4 speeds. i have custom parts that fit the solid mount bikes. and u can still find unmolested nice ones fairly cheap as of yet.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Pulled my T100 hinkley out from the back of the garage today
Bought this new in 2018 Less than 500 miles on it .
Started tight up ! Lol.
Wow! Boy have I become a convert to EFI!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
hacksaw wrote

Pulled my T100 hinkley out from the back of the garage today
Bought this new in 2018 Less than 500 miles on it .
Started tight up ! Lol.
Wow! Boy have I become a convert to EFI!
The storage stability still blows my mind.
And my 883R’s instant startup at sub-freezing and stable ‘jetting’ to 8000 feet always brought a stoke to my face.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw wrote
Pulled my T100 hinkley out from the back of the garage today
Bought this new in 2018 Less than 500 miles on it .
Started tight up ! Lol.
Wow! Boy have I become a convert to EFI!
That's cool!

I rode my Husky around the shop.
I used to think it was tall, but after riding the Big Scramler it's not so bad.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

883r is a cool bike!
My former fat boy sat for 2 years and started up well. I bit fought at first . Battery tenders and stabl are great things , but closed to air efi fuel systems are fantastic .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I can see the difference ,
Narrower too. That’s a big difference.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw wrote

Pulled my T100 hinkley out from the back of the garage today
Bought this new in 2018 Less than 500 miles on it .
Started tight up ! Lol.
Wow! Boy have I become a convert to EFI!
That's the perfect bike for a guy that is looking to try out a Trumpet,,, hint, hint.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
not forsale. not yet anyway.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw wrote
883r is a cool bike!
This 03 883r just popped up on Marketplace for $4,250.00. I'm so tempted but I'm really trying not to buy anything until I make room. Right now I already have four bikes that don't fit into my garage and are parked either at work or in a shed next to the house. Must build a bigger garage.

1 ... 14151617181920 ... 23