"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

1 ... 12131415161718 ... 23

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Great!!!!!!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
hacksaw wrote
Great!!!!!!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw

Well I started browsing the manuals that  came with the bike. It kicks thru but has no
Compression .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Did you here “aaahhh” when the beezer felt the sun?

I hope you get it back on the road.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Lol. Yea. That shovelhead too.
I don’t know whst I am going to do with it.  As it sits I paid more than it’s worth to help out my friends widow. So it’s not really pushing me to flip it .
It doesn’t take up much room so maybe I will fix the flat rear tyre and go from there.
I am in a major revamping of my garage and sheds . Slowly . But I need to sort everything.
I still want a sportster . But Something will have to go first .

The BSA hadn’t seen the light of day in 30 years easy.
Hopefully it won’t be another 30 b4 it does again !

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

motogrady

Check your email Keith.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
That Shovel looks righteous.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

thanks grado.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

yes thanks. most shovel heads are exactly that.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Does the shovel have an electric leg?

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
not sure what year, but FLH models dropped kick starts , i think, with the introduction of the electra glide .
even super glides at some point came w/o kickers. many people added them. my super glide i ditched the Eleg  and used  a kicker. but i might return that. we will see.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I think 79 was the last year of the FLH kicker, The FX models had a kicker or kicker option up to 84-1/2 I believe. The 84 fxst had the kicker (one I desire to own) and I believe the wide glide might have had a kicker option up o 86.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

No
No kickers on Electra Glides from the factory . Even late super glide kickers were dealer installed. Certainly FLHT and FLTs never had kickers .
I had bought a 79 King of the Highway new . No kicker .
That was the last of the 1200cc bikes. The 80 inchers did not have kickers.
If you had a 1980’s superglide with a kicker it was deaker installed

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

By the way, the first evo softails were junk .
Charging systems and cylinders ovaling.
Harley fattened the cylinders soon after .
The good fix was Axtel iron barrels .

There were no kickers at all on any 5 speed.
There may have been a few bikes made , I have only seen one , with evo motors in the old flh 4
Speed frame. I imagine they could retrofitted with kickers

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Apparently late WG could be ordered  with a kick option . But they must have been 4 speeds.
The last FX was 1978?
Thsts the last kick only .
I still think most FXEs into the 80’s had to have dealer installed kickers. My 79 fxef has a kicker .
But idk if it was dealer installed.

So I admit being fuzzy on wide glides .

I will say this . No cone motor FLH came factory with a kicker . That’s at least since 1970.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Keith, the 85 fxe and fxst bot had a kicker from the factory. It was the last year of the factory kickstarter.
I only know this because I have been secretly looking for both through out the years. I’ve seen more of the fxst’s than the fxe’s. The fast’s go for a shiny penny.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Well I know people that bought late FXE’s and had the dealer installed the kicker .
I plead ignorant on wide glides .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw

No kicker on this 85

I can’t post the picture. Sorry

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I think the early 85’s had the kicker.

1 ... 12131415161718 ... 23