"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

1 ... 15161718192021 ... 23

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
I came close to buying one in “03
And having the dealer punch it out to 1200
It’s the last best year . I would love to have it as a sleeper.
As it is though , it’s a sheep in wolf clothing .
Not sure about the price being asked .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I guess a guy can ask whatever he wants but if it's as clean as it looks, and with the miles, I'm thinking $3,800.00 is the right number.

I'm just glad to see it's not been lowered, has forward controls and 18" apes on it.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Well u know the ad so u have the info on it .
3800 would interest me.
I will buy another sportster at some point .
At the moment I still need to downsize the stuff I have.
Been doing ok on that but it’s a slow process
And I keep dumping money into my BMW .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Rode to work this morning.
My Old Lady snapped this pic. of me on my way out.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
One can’t get a shot of such pure joy when the rider is wearing a full face helmet!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143
The best thing about CT is our helmet laws.

hacksaw wrote
One can’t get a shot of such pure joy when the rider is wearing a full face helmet!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
That’s tru. We had to fight that a long time ago .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143
hacksaw wrote
That’s tru. We had to fight that a long time ago .
And still do! CMRA almost lost it this year.
Every year a newly elected DEMOCRAT Rep.
proposes a universal helmet law for CT.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143

Hey, Gents, I don't think this topic splits along party lines. I am a life-long Democrat and I am perfectly fine with letting those who ride decide. Its no skin off my nose if someone wants to risk a rock bouncing out of a truck bed at 80 taking skin off theirs 😉

I have been involved with the Motorcycle Rights movement for a very long time.
It has never been a Republican State Representative that proposed a Universal Helmet Law in this State.
It's a constant battle. The people that fight this stuff are getting older and every year it seems there are less people willing to fight these battles.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143 wrote
Rode to work this morning.
My Old Lady snapped this pic. of me on my way out.
That is an awesome photo of a man in love with life on his bike.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Agreed ^

Todays Democratic Party is not your granddaddy’s Democrat Party.
I will refrain from saying more.

And Off Road mode that allows plenty of rear wheel spin but not enough to get in trouble. I still have a healthy respect for Off Road Pro. That's ABS and Traction Control off.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
To me , less is more.
Less gizmos the better.
I prefer throttle by cable.
I have had to accept air/oil cooling.
But I do whatever I can to keep any bike I own from becoming a “vcr”.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143
hacksaw wrote
To me , less is more.
Less gizmos the better.
I prefer throttle by cable.
I have had to accept air/oil cooling.
But I do whatever I can to keep any bike I own from becoming a “vcr”.
I felt the same way.

However this motorcycle is so good...

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
I understand .
I just don’t want any complications.
Gas , compression , spark .
I have gone as far as electric start ,
Electronic ignition and fool injection .

I don’t even like the anti skid shit in my family cars.
One reason why I don’t have a personal cage.
Power steering and power brakes. Ok . That’s great .
The rest sucks.
I barely remember to use the backing camera .
Fucking doors are always locking on me.
It’s all an intrusion! Leave me the fk alone with this crap!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
That’s a thought .
But to me don’t need the distraction .
I did like the gas gauge on my fatboy . But it wasn’t something that was needed to check all the time while riding . One coukd also toggle Thru the odo for various mileages and the time. But again that didn’t require constant monitoring .
My old Brit bikes did have an amp meter . And on them that was somewhat watched while riding . But the bottom line is mph and perhaps rpm. And a neutral lite !
I had a Suzuki once that told me what gear I was in . Lol.
But I never had a bike with linked brakes or brakes that went on or off on their own .
If I need that crap on a bike I shouldn’t be riding .
False sense of security is not good.
I never liked rev limiters either !!!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
I agree with that. Especially when I went from my 6spd dyna to a 5spd fat boy. Many times looking for 6th while cruising. But thst really didn’t effect anything .
I never really cared for all thst shifting anywzy. I always thought 4 speeds were fine.
1 ... 15161718192021 ... 23