"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

1 ... 181920212223

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

motogrady
Yeah.  Get the pic up on your screen as big as you can after it’s in your photo album.
It’s usually right side up at that point.
Take a screenshot of it.
Post the screenshot.
That’s a pain in buttbut it works.

Been exploring moving this place to another site provider.
Vbulliten, GoDaddy, Weebly, SimpleMachineForums,Xenfro.

It’s just so complicated.

Compared to this place, Nabble, you need to be a computer tech. Which I’m not. Most of them, you need to be able to write script.

Wtf is writing script?

But, really, we need todo something.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Hmmm. Ok. Lol.
I hate my phone anyway .
But that’s fine . There wasn’t anything in that pic thst was of detail anywzy

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

For now they do. Yes. Thanks!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

A biker’s temporary Hades. Packing them up for winter. Looks like you have them wrapped up all nice and snug.

I packed up mine as well this weekend. Added the fuel stabilizer, rode them to my shop plugged them all in for a winters nap.
Now I can get my car in the garage. No more going out to a cold car in the morning.
I did leave room for the Buell to stay in the garage for those pop up warm days to take away the crankinous of the winter blues. I hope.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Yup ! Stabl .
I don’t think I have ever had a car in my garage.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

<quote author="hacksaw">
 Whst a bitch to start this thing. I can never tell how much to choke it or not choke it to get it running . In this case I had left the gas on! So it must have been flooded.
/quote>

I have 3 airheads that like three different amounts of enrichening.
You're right, when you get it wrong they can refuse to fire.
Done right they will fire with a couple of rotations.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Well I guess I just haven’t ridden it enuff to have the feel. Starting it when temps are in the 80’s and then in the 50’s
And then in the upper 30’s.
😩

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

The R60 I have, that I've yet had a chance to ride because of a bad oil leak, will fire with the enrichener on, a couple twist of the throttle and 4-5 rotations.
I'm quite impressed with the thing. It has almost 100,000 miles on the clock and will fire after sitting for months. I'm ashamed that I've not fixed the oil leak in the two years that I've owned it.

Later this month I'm getting trained on how to do dialysis while I sleep. This will give me back four days of after work time to get back to doing stuff in the garage so I can tackle this leaky beemer, a gummed up carb on the Topper, a top end on the beezer, refreshen a springer front end, front brakes on the XLCH and so on and so on. I am a slave to machinery it seems.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
Did some cheesy fettling on Ratana.

The left rear turnsignal got loose and eventually fell off when the wiring wore through ….. such a bad owner ….

I scavenged a signal off the catatonic SR and bodged it on for a potential ride to the Packers/Niners game. Need to be CHP decent for post-game splitting.

I also spent time drilling new mounting holes on the cheap/worn/broken Cycle Gear plate mount, and replacing missing fasteners/bushings in the tail section bodywork.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

What is the CR bike?

I had to look up catanic. Kinda discripes my life at the
moment. Cold, snow and sick. I hate winter.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Me too!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

A 1979 SR500.
My first ‘race’ bike.

Ran it mostly stock with the AFM in ‘88.
I commuted on it for awhile. Never had to lock it - impossible to start. Then the lighting circuit shorted out.

Stripped it for a one-off flattrack race. (Lower your air pressure!) My son played around with it. Now, it just sits, giving up parts.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I decided to swap out the stock mufflers out for something with a little deeper sound. I got some slip ons from a guy on Facebook.
The stock mufflers were really hard to get off. After removal I discovered why. Muffler gaskets. Who’d thought.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

When out to the out building and started up the four sleeping cycles just to let them know their still loved.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I added some 2” pullback riser extensions to the ST that sat me up a little straighter so that I now get the lower back support from the passenger seat and took the pinch out of my hips that I was getting.

Before

After.

Amazing how much difference 2” back can make.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Installed the Kuryakyn Road Thunder sound bar today. I’ve used this on a couple bikes and took it off them when I traded them in.

First thing to do was find the battery which on all my other Harleys it’s been under the seat.
Well I guess it is but I don’t think I should remove the shock to get to it.

Must be behind the left side cover like my later Sportsters.
Nope. Not there.

Must be behind the right side cover.
Well I at least can see the negative side.

Had to break down and go to YouTube just to figure out how to get to the battery.

https://youtu.be/v46lis2gGho?si=UiqNzE4x1Ey7H-sw

It’s like working on a newer car where the battery is hidden under the seat or in the trunk.

Took me more time to get to the battery than running wires and mounting the sound bar.

I hope I never need a jump start in the middle of nowhere.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
Man, modern stuff is soooo busy.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

 I belong to a FB page for FXLRST. There are so many guys on there that take their bikes in to the dealer for just about everything, exhaust swaps, handle bar changes, heated grips and even oil changes. It really is not something I'm used to seeing. Motorcyclist used to do almost everything that didn't include splitting cases.

After digging into this bike I can kinda see why. If you don't have any wrenching experience these new bikes could be intimidating. The difference between my 03 Fatboy and this FXLRST is crazy.
I never would of thought I'd see muffler gaskets on a Harley.

I guess it keeps the Harley mechanics fed but what about when the bikes are 20 years old and Harley won't work on them because their too old? Where running out of indi shops around here.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I belong to a FB page for FXLRST. There are so many guys on there that take their bikes in to the dealer for just about everything, exhaust swaps, handle bar changes, heated grips and even oil changes. It really is not something I'm used to seeing. Motorcyclist used to do almost everything that didn't include splitting cases.

After digging into this bike I can kinda see why. If you don't have any wrenching experience these new bikes could be intimidating. The difference between my 03 Fatboy and this FXLRST is crazy.
I never would of thought I'd see muffler gaskets on a Harley.

I guess it keeps the Harley mechanics fed but what about when the bikes are 20 years old and Harley won't work on them because their too old? Where running out of indi shops around here.
More than a few guys have mentioned the concern of parts for, ‘specially electronics, the newer stuff.

I’m kinda seeing it on a 450gl Suzuki I bought last summer.
No spark.
I have voltage going into a black box.
But nothing coming out.
It’s an ‘82.
42 year old bike with 13k on it.
I’m wondering WTH I’m going to even find that part.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

whatarush
I hope I never need a jump start in the middle of nowhere.

You could install some Battery Tender cables.

This one to connect to the battery

https://www.batterytender.com/ring-terminal-harness

And a one to connect to jumper cables.

https://www.batterytender.com/quick-disconnect-combo