"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

1 ... 1920212223

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I’m wondering WTH I’m going to even find that part.
Ebay, Maybe.
Or maybe Smoke-Dog. He messes with old zooks.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

whatarush wrote
You could install some Battery Tender cables.

This one to connect to the battery

https://www.batterytender.com/ring-terminal-harness

And a one to connect to jumper cables.

https://www.batterytender.com/quick-disconnect-combo
It has the battery tender and I have the clamps with tender connectors. I didn't thing the wire on them were thick enough to take the amps it takes to jump start the motor.

Have you had experience with jump starting through the tender wires?

With the battery in such a concealed location you would think Harley would of put an alternative positive post somewhere with easy access like they do on cars.

I've attached to the solenoid stud before but the solenoid stud as even a worst access.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

whatarush
I’ve used them with a jump box on my ZX10.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

whatarush
whatarush wrote
I’ve used them with a jump box on my ZX10.
My eyes don’t work as good as they used to, so I had to break out the magnifying glass. My wires are listed at 16g, 105 celsius, and 300 volts

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Thanks. I’m not sure what my wires are. I’ll have to take a look.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
Just this evening un-bent the spine, stood back and said, “that’s going to be good enough…”
I didn’t do it, but I should’ve checked the valves when I bought Ratana, figuring they’d never been touched.

I got a feeling they weren’t.
A few were too tight. A few were too narrow. It looks nice in there. I hope I keep this engine for a long time.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

^ Bonding

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I added some more comfort to the ST.

A much taller windshield to keep the bugs of the wife’s face.

The stock one looked better but even as short as I am if I sat up straight I’d get blasted in the eyes.
The new one puts me in a nice bubble of clean air and cuts the wind noise.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I love Grip Puppies. They take some of the vibration out.

The other plus, that I originally bought them for when I had the Concourse, is they make the grips nice and fat.
With the stock thickness my arthritis would flare up on long rides because of the small diameter of the grip.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I bought a new battery for my ‘79 750 SS.
$45.00 Wal Mart special.
Apparently leaving that bike untended in an unheated garage over the winter was not a good thing.

Let the games begin!

That's a good price to not play 'battery roulette' this riding season.

Thanks for the tip - my wrists are starting back-talk.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
I took Ratana out on errands in town today, and it showed a worrisome change in character.

Maybe easier to come to life from cold.
A touch more idle-region vibration.
A bit of initial stumble coming off a stop sign/light, needing some clutch feathering, but then followed by much more aggressive and stronger acceleration - seemingly some really good fueling higher up in the revs.

But riding around and stopping several times in a town that's no more than three-by-three miles in dimension, ... man that bike got really hot. Low 60s today, too.

So I pulled the fuel tank tonight.
Loosened the too-tight throttle cables.
Lubed said cables.
Plugged off two vacuum lines.
Checked the plugs - didn't look dark.
Might have been a touch cleaner than when they went back in.
Plenty of oil.

I'm going to run it tomorrow on 'prime' to see if the petcock and/or EGR diaphragms become more solid suspects.

The ancient vacuum lines could've cracked from handling.
The valves could be maladjusted.
The .......

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

ooohh the woes of chasing the hidden gremlins.

Maybe pull the motor and put a 420 cc Briggs and Stratton horizontal shaft in her,,,, or a Ironhead sporty motor. Pretty much the same thing.

I wish I could be of real help but my knowledge of Japanese bikes is basically like a good spades hand, nil.

I wish Smoke Dog would poke in here. He's a Zuk Zen Master.

I wonder if he’s still building those monster bikes.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I sent him a message on FB but I'm not sure how much FB he does.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I sent him a message on FB but I'm not sure how much FB he does.
I believe the last time he was here
he mentioned he’s not big on the inner net,
that he was looking over his emails and saw
one from us.

I think he said it was only 8 or 9 months old.

In many respects, that's healthful living.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Smoke-dog
What's up fellas!!! Is it a GS450L? It could be the CDI but I wonder if all the fuses are good...

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Smoke-dog
This post was updated on .
I did add a GPS speedo and digital display to the Goose 😎

1 ... 1920212223