Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

123456 ... 13

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Allred
MAD4THECREST     WHATARUSH     ALLRED              OLDIRON
Mir                        Marquez           P. Espargaro        Mir
Rossi                     Miller               Rossi                   Morbidelli
Bagnaia                 Rins                 Mir                     P. Espargaro

MOTOGRADY          FATFAT            SPIESLIVES
Quartararo             Marquez          Marquez
Miller                     Miller              Rins
Oliveira                  Morbidelli        Morbidelli

Marquez x 3 (Spain)     Rossi x 2 (Italy)                        Quartararo x 1 (France)
Mir x 3 (Spain)            P. Espargao x 2 (Spain)               Oliveira x 1 (Portugal)
Morbidelli x 3 (Italy)                                                   Bagnaia x1 (Italy)
Miller x 3 (OZ)

Interesting looking at the picks. Of the 23 riders only 9 have been selected as favorites. Marquez, Mir, Morbidelli & Miller lead with 3 selections each, Rossi & Pol follow with 2 selections each, and finally Quartararo, Oliveira & Bagnaia only being favored by one CycleLeague player each.

If Marquez continues to be a no-show things may change for Whatarush, FatFat and Spieslives, who have all only been firing on two cylinders so far.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

motogrady
Well, I went with Quart because he showed so much speed at the beginning of last year.
Then, it seemed like Yamaha and their bikes just started imploding.  The valves blowing up motors thing.  The brakes thing.  The shortage of motors thing. I took him because I thought heck, he's had 6 months to clear his head.
And Yamaha has had 6 months to get their act together, bike wise.

Oliverio, he had some good finishes last year. The KTMs seemed to be on a roll after a steady rise in performance.

 I'm still wondering wtf is going on over at the tangerine garage🤔

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

motogrady
The surprise pick, that paid off last week, and I don't know how he does it, was imo mad4thecrest with Bagnalia.  He's an Effin rookie for cripes sake.  How did he pick the one out of, how many 1st timers are there, 4?, that jumped on the big bike and rode like he owned it?

That he also picked 46 is kind of a mystery to me also...........

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

That Mad 4he also picked 46 is kind of a mystery to me also...........
Like me, I think Mad4 picked The Doctor thinking he would at least be consistent, he is not a high faller risk, he obviously is highly skilled, the only detriment is his age, which may actually be an attribute simply because of his length of experience.

I would never have thought to pick Bangaia, and he did turn out to be a point scorer this last race, after a minor slip by Mir, (but Mad4 also had Mir, so swings and roundabouts)

Crazy "whatifs" but that is what makes it so interesting. It is going to be an interesting season!

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

motogrady

Ya, I'm kinda looking forward to round 2 myself Allred.
Almost to the point of buying the Motogp streaming thing.

I mean, I can wait till the next day, but bloody hell, half an hour before midnight?  Wtf?😤

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Ah, Rossi.  I considered him as well, for the same reasons you mention.
But, and I may be a bit jaded on this, I've seen I don't know how many great riders hang around too long.
For a few reasons, take your pick.  Rarely do they go on a tear and put up a consistent string of solid finishes.  Let alone wins.

Few are the men that realize, and accept, the cold reality, going out on top.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

whatarush
Before the first round started. I was thinking of dropping Marc for Zarco, Bagnaia, or Mir. But I feel Marc would be more consistent once he gets back.
I wanted to pick Maverick, or Quartararo. But with Yamaha's engine problems, I thought it wasn't a good choice.
Case in point
From RD2 of FP1 Yamaha valve problems still don't look good

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

motogrady
^^^^^

"...........but the guy on eBay said absolutely,  they were the new ones!"

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

oldironnow
Stoked for Zarco last week.

Told my kid to pick Bagnaia.

Love this season-team format.

Watching last week's race, I realized I picked Morbidelli for his solid 2020, but forgot that Petronas may have inherited last year's crap-tastic M1.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Allred
Mir tried, and at one point in the race I thought Pol was going to show too, but he ran wide and lost too much time because of it.

And Rossi........well...........what can I say, he obviously doesn't realize how important his results are to my Cyclevisor MotoGP League!!!!

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Cyclevisor.com motogp League Rd.2 Standings.

1. Mg. 54
2. Mad4. 52
3. Whatarush. 37 tie
4. Allred. 37 tie
5. Oldiron. 37 tie
6. Spies lives. 27
7.  Fatfat. 18

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

motogrady
Thoughts.......due to the covid19 pandemic this contest shortened to 2 rounds. 😀 jk guys.
Motogrady has a good day, Quarts win throws his team into the lead.
The Rossi factor takes its toll on mad4 and Allred.
Fat2, SpiesLives and whatarush are scouring the World Wide Web for any information on Marc Marquez this week.
High score last week was mad4thecrest, this week it's mg.  Both, barely cop half the points possible
a hat trick would give.  Which is proving to be pretty hard thing to pull.

Kinda surprising, even tho not the strongest bikes out there, hp wise, it's the Factory Yamahas that take
the win in both Rounds 1 and 2.

Now, if they just don't break...........

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Watching last week's race, I realized I picked Morbidelli for his solid 2020, but forgot that Petronas may have inherited last year's crap-tastic M1.

DUH,,,, palm meet forehead.
I didn’t think about that either. Poop.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

Cyclevisor.com motogp League Rd.2 Standings.

1. Mg. 54
2. Mad4. 52
3. Whatarush. 37 tie
4. Allred. 37 tie
5. Oldiron. 37 tie
6. Spies lives. 27
7.  Fatfat. 18
Ha,, last place! I wish Tito was still around. He seemed like a nice guy to hang out with.

Re: Cyclevisor.com 2021 Motogp League

... it's the Factory Yamahas that take
the win in both Rounds 1 and 2.

Now, if they just don't break...........
I think they gave the ones that break to SRT 😳
Yamaha bought the proper poppets this year.
Supports splitting everywhere.
123456 ... 13