Last Rides

1 ... 1920212223242526

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

hacksaw
Damn

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

"Damn" is right. I'm sorry for you Mad. I don't know your area at all but I pulled up Google maps just to see what riding options look tempting to me, from satellite view.
The San Gabriel Canyon Rd. looks like an amazing bike route as well as Glendora Mountain Rd.
The street views look delicious.
Are these roads also effected by recent disasters as well?

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

hacksaw
I should ask Fid to recant some of his riding tales of that road.

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

hacksaw
I sent him a note.

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

hacksaw
Big money for underpowered junk .
They were pricey enuff b4 Mike from APickers
Got them even more collectible.
They are just too slow for 2023 highways and much too expensive just play hippie for a weekend here and there.

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

hacksaw
Lol.
Split windshields I assume are old models.

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

Today was one of those days with blue skies, puffy white clouds and a very comfortable 78 degrees. A day that just screams “GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE!” so after a bit of yard work and tinkering with the ol’F100 the Buell and I headed south.

It had been six weeks or so since I rode it so I was a bit rusty at first. Keeping straight up, peddling at stops and curves, staying in top gear keeping the RPMs below 4000 and a little jerky on the front brakes but after about 20 miles I began to loosen up and getting into my groove.

Started Downshifting has I headed into a turn, hearing the pop pop out of the single pipe, leaning into the curves but not hanging off. Given the throttle a good twist as the wonderful v-twin grunt pulled me out of the turns. RPMs running towards the yellow line just before the red one, click it up to top gear until the next bend in the tarmac comes up. Repeating the downshifting and pop pop as the oaks wave with the glorious green leaves that will soon turn to rusty brown just before they let go and glide to the earth where they decay and feed the tree that gave them life.
The whole time I’m grinning almost to a giggle.

Through the nearly 100 miles I was able to keep my groove going as there were only two passes I had to make by a vehicle that was trying to mess with my mojo. Wasn’t happening. The Buell makes them history with just a click down and a twist.

I stopped at a station for fuel and some protein via chicken fingers (I didn’t know chickens had fingers) and while enjoying my fingers and a Sun-Drop several riders stopped and had to ask about the bike. I was surprised by how few Harley riders realized that Harley made a sport bike.

One guy offered to buy it. I didn’t even have to answer. My perma-grin did it for me.

This little Buell is starting to become my favorite one in the stable. Best 2 grand I’ve ever spent.

I came across this interesting mailbox in my route.

This little spot in the woods is a little resting place where Doughboy and I always use for a break and a smoke.
I forgot my Camels so I just took a pic.

I hope this weather holds out for next Saturday so I can do it again with Doughboy and a couple friends.

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

I could tell you where a couple went.

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

300 miles is a good day in the wind. It's a perfect amount of miles. Not so many that you are wore out and saddle sore but enough to clear the head of the days around that one.

Squirrels are just rates with fluffy tails. You did a favor to the neighborhood.
And the only good snake is the one on a guys boot. I hate them things. There aren't to many things I'm just flat out freaked out about but snakes is it. Them things scare the crap out of me. I don't care if it's even a gardener snake.

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

hacksaw
I will resume my battle with squirrels as soon as I put bird seed out again this fall.
They multiply as quick as I can pick them off

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

I used to battle them like crazy in the house I had to tear down. The little suckers kept chewing holes in the gables. I'd cover a hole, they'd chew another somewhere else. At night every once in awhile I could hear the little bastards running around in the attic.
I used to sit in the hot tub with my 22 a peg'em off but with all the woods around me made it impossible to get them all.

Since I built the new house the eaves have aluminum so there is no way in now.
I also bought some squirrel proof bird feeders so there's only about five or so that come around now and they take the scraps that the birds drop.

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

oldironnow
The rat/squirrel ratio here is such that I'd prefer more squirrels.

Rats are the silent bastards, and weren't a problem when I had a palm that was an owl roost.

Good on you Fat2! And Mr. Mad' for getting up into thge mountains !

Riding most everyday, but too busy to get out beyond 100 miles.

1 ... 1920212223242526