Music/Song

Re: Music/Song

Listening to some early Black Sabbath yesterday.
Mainly their 2nd album, Paranoid.

There’s a song on it, a real trippy, laid back jazz number with a touch of blues in it.

Planet Caravan.

About floating thru space, with you wife or girl, a kind of magic carpet ride on psychedelic mushrooms.

Well, sometimes the comments people post in the comments section are rather, insightful.
Some talked of times in their past, when that song helped them.  Or soothed them.  Or changed them, in a good way.
Here it is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SvrOzYtnLMA&pp=ygUOUGxhbmV0IGNhcmF2YW4%3D

And then a guy posts this……….😀……..Effin gold I tell ya.

And a great song.

@pedroteles2093
3 years ago
I love listening to this while walking on the beach with my girlfriend, until the LSD wears off and I realize I’m dragging a mannequin around a Burger King parking lot.

Re: Music/Song

oldironnow

“@nathan_the_barbarian7974
1 month ago
Funny how I didn’t hate this song but often would skip over it but then just one day it hit me when I guess I was in the right mood  for it  and replayed it a couple time over. Makes me just sit back and reflect on life and the events that brought me to where I am. Remember old friends I haven’t seen in decades and family that are no longer around. And how in the grand scheme of things I’m just merely a visitor who’s passing through during this phase of the world“

Black Sabbath were born with old souls.

Re: Music/Song

hacksaw
It’s a great piece of music. I love it .
But I don’t get carried away on its meaning . These dudes were tripping their brains out. I haven’t done acid in decades.
Hardly a zen tune. Lol.
But it definitely wakes the dead.

Re: Music/Song

motogrady
hacksaw wrote
It’s a great piece of music. I love it .
But I don’t get carried away on its meaning . These dudes were tripping their brains out. I haven’t done acid in decades.
Hardly a zen tune. Lol.
But it definitely wakes the dead.
Can anyone believe Ozzie is still with us?

Re: Music/Song

hacksaw
Well sure. Don’t jinx him . Be well Ozzie!

Re: Music/Song

motogrady

Lol……….like a cat.

He’s probably on#4 out of nine.

Re: Music/Song

I tell you guys, there are a few songs out there, that imho are………..timeless.

This one, this version, I think is early 60s.
But I think even here it’s a cover.
I really don’t know who did it first.

But, be it in the back of a 60s Chevy,
where it got heavy,
an 80s Pontiac, or a 2020s Tesla,
a great song then, a great song now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nrzusdilnKQ&pp=ygUmaSBvbmx5IGhhdmUgZXllcyBmb3IgeW91IHRoZSBmbGFtaW5nb3M%3D

Re: Music/Song

hacksaw
Dick  Powell 1934
Quite a bit before  my time.

Re: Music/Song

oldironnow
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ht1fvQrKVc

Re: Music/Song

hacksaw
Not before my time ! A good band. Idk why I never became more of a Rush fan?
The drummer is the best this side of Buddy Rich .

Re: Music/Song

oldironnow
Peart… the show within the show.

Re: Music/Song

Re: Music/Song

Peart… the show within the show.
This is one of my favorite DVD's in my collection. Great drum solo in this one at 1.53.00. On our 64" screen with the surround sound I'm almost there.

Re: Music/Song

If one remembers correctly……..Joe needed to fulfill an album to a record company to satisfy a contract.
He went to his friend Leon, who said sure, I’ll help, as long as I pick the musicians.

And so became Mad Dogs and Englishmen.
A motley bunch of amateurs, professionals, with some down right walk on singers.
Thrown together to satisfy a debt.

A total one off, some would call a mess of a clusterf/;k,
that somehow delivered some great versions of some great songs.

Here’s one of’em.

https://youtu.be/hUmXscq9p_s

Re: Music/Song

I don’t think times really changed .
Cochrane was super good . If he lived to the late 80’s
He may have dressed a bit more informal but his energy and rock cred is no less than blue cheers.
Even the Who!

Re: Music/Song

hacksaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC4S13jcki4

Re: Music/Song

Introducing the Mad Dogs and the Englishman
Mr Joe Cocker!
 (In a Heavy English accent of course )

Re: Music/Song

Reread your post.
In the back of a Tesla? LMFAO!
😂
Got to be the most unromantic car ever produced!
“She’s my Little Duece Tesla…”
😖
Not going to happen!

Re: Music/Song