Music/Song

Re: Music/Song

Revisited?!
That’s what the world is today.

https://youtu.be/KnRVAZPC1m4?si=K3vlSftKIWw0tNiw

Re: Music/Song

Well, I think so, but a long career means dabbling in different directions.

Re: Music/Song

went to a motorcycle website and 1972 broke out

Re: Music/Song

motogrady
Here’s one for you guys.

Gayle McCormick, lived life on her own terms.
Imho just good if not stronger than Joplin, Rohnstadt,
crap, pick any of them, when the record companies started jerking her around, she just quit.

Moved to Hawaii with her boyfriend, a framing carpenter,
and just vanished from the scene.

Gayle McCormack. The total package.

https://youtu.be/pIGo31k-qkw?si=6ZMwby9M3DXK84jA

Re: Music/Song

hacksaw
I thought that band was Canadian .

Re: Music/Song

hacksaw
I guess not but the music was by Burt baccarat and the smith version was pruduced by Del Shannon

Re: Music/Song

Here’s one for you guys.

Gayle McCormick, lived life on her own terms.
Imho just good if not stronger than Joplin, Rohnstadt,
crap, pick any of them, when the record companies started jerking her around, she just quit.

Moved to Hawaii with her boyfriend, a framing carpenter,
and just vanished from the scene.

Gayle McCormack. The total package.

https://youtu.be/pIGo31k-qkw?si=6ZMwby9M3DXK84jA
This is killer tune. Blew me away in 1969 and still rips my soul today.
Truth is I was never all that much a Joplin fan after she left the holding company. Not that I dint think she was good but kosmic blues just wasn’t the same. I coukd say the same thing about grace slick. Allthough starship was a huge success , I can’t off hand think of their songs. While
White rabbit still kicks ass!
Linda was a doll. Even with her , her earliest stuff is whst rocks
Grady , I didn’t think you were born yet in this era .
My wife was born in 1974. She has no recollection of any of this stuff and it’s in away a bit sad I have these recollections alone. lol.

Re: Music/Song

went to a motorcycle website and 1972 broke out
The reason we still cling to late 60-early 90’s music, I believe. .

https://youtu.be/h_DjmtR0Xls?si=3ROkTmYgb4AFdtyR

Re: Music/Song

I don’t really remember hearing her on the radio or knew anything about Gayle McCormick.
I found out she was a local gal and after living in Hawaii she moved back to St. Louis to live as a regular human.

https://youtu.be/41Hai_dasSk?si=Cprebz86N--0gDoQ

Re: Music/Song

I’m typically not a fan of saprano singers but I can dig this tune from her with The Klassmen.

https://youtu.be/JiR29CFHgCo?si=Joec67hkbcqX319x

Re: Music/Song

hacksaw
Waddah ya mean , ya donta care for da family?
Badda Bing ! Sucka!!!

Re: Music/Song

went to a motorcycle website and 1972 broke out
The reason we still cling to late 60-early 90’s music, I believe. .

https://youtu.be/h_DjmtR0Xls?si=3ROkTmYgb4AFdtyR
This guy is an azz klown . Was Elvis a band?
Sinatra ?
It’s just marketing . Even the supremes became Diana Ross and…
Eric Burton and…
Somebody in reply to that idiots post said “it’s hard to split 0.003 cents five ways .
All marketing. The bands are there , just being ignored . Go to any of these pop star concerts and there is a band backing them . Certainly Country does.

Re: Music/Song

I don’t really remember hearing her on the radio or knew anything about Gayle McCormick.
I found out she was a local gal and after living in Hawaii she moved back to St. Louis to live as a regular human.

https://youtu.be/41Hai_dasSk?si=Cprebz86N--0gDoQ
I read somewhere she became a sort of recluse.
But that she worked at the local Circuit City in the records department, was nice as all get out and loved it when someone noticed and bought up her music career.
Imagine that.  All you had to do was go to the local electronic store, look at a few CDs and the real deal was right there.

Re: Music/Song

hacksaw wrote
I guess not but the music was by Burt baccarat and the smith version was pruduced by Del Shannon
I think yer right.

Re: Music/Song

hacksaw wrote
went to a motorcycle website and 1972 broke out
The reason we still cling to late 60-early 90’s music, I believe. .

https://youtu.be/h_DjmtR0Xls?si=3ROkTmYgb4AFdtyR
This guy is an azz klown . Was Elvis a band?
Sinatra ?
It’s just marketing . Even the supremes became Diana Ross and…
Eric Burton and…
Somebody in reply to that idiots post said “it’s hard to split 0.003 cents five ways .
All marketing. The bands are there , just being ignored . Go to any of these pop star concerts and there is a band backing them . Certainly Country does.
Well, I think what he’s saying is it’s much more prevalent,
the no bands thing anymore.

I think The Monkees came about that way.
Formed from auditions by producers that wanted a band for a TV show.   They wrote none of the songs, played on none of them, just acted.

Re: Music/Song

Here was a guy that did it honest.
When his band laughed at this song,
he forced them to practice it relentlessly, hours and days on end.

Yeah.  Curt was old school.

https://youtu.be/hTWKbfoikeg?si=7_3fI9YycOyquyCH

When they shot this video, Curt was pissed because with all the actors and script it just was coming off fake to him.
It was supposed to show teen spirit. He fired the cheerleaders, and the janitor actor.  Went down to a local strip joint, hired some strippers, ran down to his old high school and hired the janitor,
and let in a bunch of fans that were hanging outside.

Curt Cobain, gone way, way too soon.

Re: Music/Song

motogrady

I shouldn’t but I can’t help it.

When they were starting out, Curt was living in cars and on people’s couches.
Struggling like a lot of bands do, someone said they’d never make it.
They were just too, they were just not what the people wanted.

Curt replied “one day, we’ll get on stage in girls dresses and they’ll pay to see us.”

Nirvana.  In Bloom.

https://youtu.be/PbgKEjNBHqM?si=3Ij-eDDZFH7ku9v3

Re: Music/Song

whatarush
I use my iTunes via Bluetooth headphone while working. This past week it has played this tune a handful of times, hope it’s not predicting anything.

“What we have here is a failure to communicate”

https://youtu.be/PAYmGCYhVAo

Re: Music/Song

I shouldn’t but I can’t help it.

When they were starting out, Curt was living in cars and on people’s couches.
Struggling like a lot of bands do, someone said they’d never make it.
They were just too, they were just not what the people wanted.

Curt replied “one day, we’ll get on stage in girls dresses and they’ll pay to see us.”

Nirvana.  In Bloom.

https://youtu.be/PbgKEjNBHqM?si=3Ij-eDDZFH7ku9v3
Cool vid. I’ve never seen that one.