Racing

1 ... 891011121314 ... 42

Re: Re:

So Sorry to hear of your loss Randy. So sad to see so many people loosing loved ones over this lousy virus.
Makes me wonder if "It's a Small World After All" is really a good thing. Lots of bugs come from foreign lands and since we 'muricans are so degermed we seem to be a good target for them bugs.

Re: Re:

Allred wrote
OMG..........they must have heard us talking............
I guess he figured why not, fifty bucks is fifty bucks

Re: Re:

I called them up, told them let me speak to the owner......

😀

Re: Re:

oldironnow
Degermed?

You have not met my in-laws....

Re: Re:

And more update on Dovizioso and Aprilia..........
https://us.motorsport.com/motogp/news/aprilia-private-test-dovizioso-jerez/5771134/

So Dovi turned down a late-2020 offer from Aprilia as a team rider, but apparently after seeing the performance of the new RS-GP Aprilia at pre-season Qatar his interest is spiked again.

It's still not clear what role Bradley Smith is going to play, if any.

Re: Re:

 It will be interesting to see Dovi's take and response on the Aprilia.
I wonder if he is rethinking this sabbatical idea?

Re: Re:

whatarush
Miss chatting with you all on the most important subject on the planet.

Home-fall-drama for my best-est Aunt became a covid-drama, which become a hospice-drama after she cleared but her body didn't have the energy to fully recover. I'm now at a distance from my world trying to wrap up her estate.

Cheers, everyone.

When do we have to pick our teams?
Sorry for your loss Oldiron.

Re: Re:

whatarush

Re: Re:

Re: Re:

whatarush wrote

Sorry for your loss Oldiron.
Thank you.
The sentiment is greatly appreciated.

Re: Re:

So sorry to hear about your Aunt. 2020 ended but the pandemic tragedy continues ... đŸ„ș
Thanks you, Mr. Mad.
She was a week out from getting her first vaccine shot.
I'm going to miss her deeply, not just because she was cool, but also because she was my last coherent elder.
All the history goes with her.

Re: Re:

Re: Re:

whatarush
Damn...this isn’t going to help my team points.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/03/22/marc-marquez-will-miss-the-opening-two-rounds-of-2021/364233

Repsol Honda Team's Marc Marquez, together with his medical team from the Hospital Ruber Internacional, have considered it prudent not to re-join competition this weekend in Qatar and will miss the season-opening Barwa Qatar Grand Prix.

In the review carried out on the Spanish rider by the medical team led by Doctors Samuel Antuña and Ignacio Roger de Oña, and made up of Doctors De Miguel, Ibarzabal and García Villanueva, 15 weeks after surgery for an infected pseudoarthrosis of the right humerus, a good clinical response has been found after the intensification of his training.

However, considering the time period and the current state of the bone consolidation process, doctors consider it prudent and necessary not to accelerate Marquez’s return to the track after such an inactive time, and to avoid putting the humerus at risk in intense competition.

Marquez will undergo another medical check on Monday, April 12 and it, therefore, looks highly unlikely that the eight-time World Champion will feature at the Doha Grand Prix as well. Stay tuned to motogp.com to be the first to hear if the Portuguese Grand Prix will be the scene of the Spaniard's return.

Re: Re:

motogrady
whatarush wrote
[...]

It's what your team is when the first round goes off.
Anyone can change up till an hour before the flag drops.
Only thing is, you can't pick and match an existing team.

Re: Re:

So with a no-show for the first two races, and a "maybe" for the third, Marquez is an unlikely candidate for 2021 World Champion, and not exactly a good choice for anyone's Cycle-League Team.

Maybe I'm not medically educated enough, but doesn't it seem strange that a very fit and young man like Marquez is still not recovered sufficiently to race 9 months after breaking his arm? I seem to remember a 38-year-old Rossi broke his leg and was back racing in 3 weeks?

Apparently there was an infection that has hampered his recovery, but with Marquez's money surely he gets the very best medical attention and I can't help but ask how this was allowed to happen. Isn't it unusual for an infection to accompany a bone fracture...............especially while under the best medical care money can buy?  Just saying.

Re: Re:

motogrady
Allred wrote
So with a no-show for the first two races, and a "maybe" for the third, Marquez is an unlikely candidate for 2021 World Champion, and not exactly a good choice for anyone's Cycle-League Team.

Maybe I'm not medically educated enough, but doesn't it seem strange that a very fit and young man like Marquez is still not recovered sufficiently to race 9 months after breaking his arm? I seem to remember a 38-year-old Rossi broke his leg and was back racing in 3 weeks?

Apparently there was an infection that has hampered his recovery, but with Marquez's money surely he gets the very best medical attention and I can't help but ask how this was allowed to happen. Isn't it unusual for an infection to accompany a bone fracture...............especially while under the best medical care money can buy?  Just saying.
Well Allred, I'm thinking at first, the doctors might have just gone along with what the rider said/wanted.
 Hey, how hard is riding a motorcycle any way? All you do is twist the throttle, and the bike does all the work.
 I said it back then, it's in the 2020 league edition, I think they, the doctors messed up.  In more ways than one.
They put the wrong, or insufficient hardware in there.  Then,
when that broke, when they okd him to ride right away, many would say prematurely, they went in again, and gave him an infection.  Hey, you gotta ask, didn't they clean or sterilize the knife or what?
Maybe I'm  misinformed, but I never heard anyone saying is was a compound fracture, that dirt and gravel got in there.
Then, it takes them more time to find out, hey, it's not healing right.  Maybe we need to go in there again.

It was a comedy of medical errors, imho.

 Here in America, the lawyers would have a field day with that. Think of the damage, both money wise and appearance wise, all this has cost Honda.

Believe it, with all the bad publicity, and costs, and let's be fair, concern to fix this thing, they, the doctors, aren't taking any more chances.

Heck, if that was a guy falling off a ladder at work, here in America, workman's comp would have that dude off work for 2 years.

Re: Re:

oldironnow
"Healthcare-associated infection"

From a short search, it seems that in US settings between one in 25-to-31 patients develop an antibiotic resistant infection.

1.7meg infections.
99K deaths

32% are UTI
22% are surgical site
15% lung
14% blood

I don't know about the other 17%

Once that bone gets infected, it can be hard to stimulate it to rejoin. A friend of mine has a radius or ulna that doesn't meet near the wrist. It couldn't be induced to grow back together after one of those dangerous auto-mobile accidents you always hear about.

Re: Re:

Re: Re:

oldironnow
Livery reveals:

30th March – Team HRC
30th March – PATA Yamaha WorldSBK Team
30th March – Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK

Re: Re:

motogrady

Jack Miller went under the knife for arm pump yesterday.   Apparently things went good.  Says he's gonna give it a shot at Round 3.

Oh, and by the way, his doctor is a guy named Mir. Apparently he, Miller, is having fun with it over on instagram😁
1 ... 891011121314 ... 42