Racing

1 ... 9101112131415 ... 41

Re: Re:

Allred
Miller's surgery may help him long term but I can't help but feel that he can hardly be 100% fit for Portugal.

He was my CycleVisor League second pick alongside Pol Espargaro when Marquez was a no-show, so I'm glad I picked Pol over Miller, I'm just hoping that Pol will master the Honda sooner than later.

Re: Re:

motogrady
Allred wrote
Miller's surgery may help him long term but I can't help but feel that he can hardly be 100% fit for Portugal.

He was my CycleVisor League second pick alongside Pol Espargaro when Marquez was a no-show, so I'm glad I picked Pol over Miller, I'm just hoping that Pol will master the Honda sooner than later.

.
I'm kinda conflicted on Miller and what he's doing.

I mean, that operation should have been done back in January.
The next round is what, 10 days away.

You guys have seen the pics, yikes. He's been cut from his wrist to the inside of his elbow.
Granted, nothing structural but skin is involved.  It's not like a bone is broken, or a ligament is torn.
In theory, the worst that can happen is staples tear, and the wound opens, and it bleeds.
But for the love of Pete man, you'd have to think there's no way it isn't gonna be an issue for him.

Hey, nothing I can do about it if he shows and wants to ride.  Thinking about it, I don't mind taking a hit for a guy roughing it out like he is. Unusual I know, but I'm avoiding even thinking about who I'd go with as a replacement.

The 64,000 dollar question remains, the thing that interests me, will be answered April 12th, when MarcM gets his next physical.

Re: Re:

Hasn't there been very little testing?

Maybe he thought he could get by, or maybe the Ducati just aggravated it right off the the bat.

Re: Re:

Re: Re:

oldironnow
This is sick

From a video on WSBK's site.

The new "M" BMW's front axle neighborhood.

Noting the insanely relieved caliper hanger.

Noting the thin carbon fiber sheet used to hold the caliper spacers.

Noting the bolt heads perfectly drilled for safety wiring from any position.

Noting the simple hairpin clip as a safety on the end of the threaded-in axle stub.

Noting the axle pinch bolt torque call-out of 20 Nm stamped at the bottom of the fork.

Wondering why the pinch bolts seem to have captive springs held below the axle.

Re: Re:

whatarush
I couldn't tell from that screenshot, so I had to look at the video. I believe that is just the treads of the titanium pinch bolts you are seeing.

I thought kurveygirl.com had 8M titanium pinch bolts. But it's proboltusa.com

Re: Re:

Fresh, Springtime love.  Ain't it beautiful.

Re: Re:

whatarush wrote
I couldn't tell from that screenshot, so I had to look at the video. I believe that is just the treads of the titanium pinch bolts you are seeing.

I thought kurveygirl.com had 8M titanium pinch bolts. But it's proboltusa.com
"Mmmmmm.... Hardware.........."

Re: Re:

oldironnow
More tech to understand>

Full carbon frame/swinging arm/rims.

https://www.ducati.com/us/en/bikes/panigale/superleggera-v4

Lower down on the page, the larger photo boxes lead to pages with short videos.

Worth the few minutes, imo.

The site came to my email, and contained a photo from Laguna Seca. Turn six in the background, heading up Rahal Straight to the Corkscrew:

Re: Re:

Re: Re:

oldironnow

For the love of God, that oil cooler is amazing.

For more love of God, were locknuts available then? Instead of wing-nuts on the exhaust holders?

If they could have stuck with this idea... A valve cover and coil valve springs....

https://www.mcnews.com.au/moto-guzzi-supercharged-500-4/

Re: Re:

Allred

16 minutes of what is possibly the best montage of I.O.M. footage ever......and all in the correct order!

Watch out for 3:40!

Re: Re:

^That was fantastic.
Scene at 10:25 looks like The Dragon event.

Re: Re:

oldironnow
Liked the four bikes at 9:16

Re: Re:

oldironnow
Caught MotoAmerica Junior Cup from VIR,
WSBK's SSP300 from Aragon,
and then WSBK Race 2 - all good

The small machines are always good racing. In SSP300, the field is as big a the 600 classes of the '90s.

WSBK - There is percolation. Literally.

There are weather issues, with the setting being cold and damp. I was recently ruminating on the nature of "Intermediates," and how the always seem to be the death of expectations. Use of them never seems to yield a racy result.

New British-ism "Old dog for the road, pup for the path"
(The full version is “The Old Dog for the Hard Road, the Puppy for the Path”)

Re: Re:

I caught the JR cup. I expected the lone KTM to steal the show. Wymann on the Ninja is a master at the draft pass. I really dig the Jr. cup.

No baggers this time around. Bummer.
I would like to get to know more on the baggers builds. I can't help but think that this could cause some street baggers following suit.

 I still have a percolator and use it occasionally when I have someone to share with. I don't drink a pot full anymore by myself and Lisa only drinks fufu coffees.

Re: Re:

oldironnow
There's a competing group in Bagger Racing.

 I still have a percolator and use it occasionally when I have someone to share with. I don't drink a pot full anymore by myself and Lisa only drinks fufu coffees.
I saw something awhile back on the bagger mods.  I think it was mostly squeezing more hp out of the motors and building up the brakes.  Agreed, there is money to be made there.  Any accessory the leaders are running, I'm sure there are guys that would want and pay for for their ride.  Heck, even just the stickers for said accessory, Brembo Brakes, Sunstar Chains, whatever, guy's are want gonna them.

Re: Re:

whatarush
I would like to get to know more on the baggers builds. I can't help but think that this could cause some street baggers following suit.
Here is a link with info on the baggers.
https://motoamerica.com/a-different-kind-of-byob-build-your-own-bagger-racebike/

Apparently you can buy your own race ready bagger.

"INDIAN MOTORCYCLE OF METRO MILWAUKEE IS READY TO BUILD YOUR TURN KEY BAGGER.
Through an exclusive partnership between S&S Cycles and Indian Motorcycle of Metro Milwaukee, you can purchase your own Indian Challenger King of the Baggers motorcycle built to your specs right at their dealership.

Bristling with all the same go-fast parts as Tyler O’Hara’s 2020 King of the Baggers Invitational race-winning S&S Cycles Indian Challenger, your bike can be race-ready from the get-go.

For more information, contact Indian Motorcycle of Metro Milwaukee at 262-706-4050 or go to https://indianmotorcycleofmetromilwaukee.com""

Re: Re:

whatarush wrote

Apparently you can buy your own race ready bagger.
Hummm,, interesting. Very interesting.
That’s a good way to get more Indians out on the track.
Indian is really stepping up on this race series.

Harley jumped in by giving Team Tune a bagger to replace their charbroiled bagger.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/truck-fire-destroyed-teams-king-of-the-baggers-bike-harley-to-give-one-back-162843.html

I really enjoy this series but I have to think that the Indians are going take control if Harley doesn’t step it up a notch.

1 ... 9101112131415 ... 41