Racing

1 ... 11121314151617 ... 42

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

Allred
It may just be me, but I read some little white lies in that report.

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

oldironnow
Allred wrote
It may just be me, but I read some little white lies in that report.
The "honne–tatemae" tension.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honne_and_tatemae

Do you think Vinales will start up with Aprilia this season, or, maybe, not at all?

And I anticipate Toprak Razgatlıoğlu getting some rides on the M1 when they don't conflict with WSBK.

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

oldironnow
Speaking of such,

WSBK is running at a track new to them in Northern Spain.
I feel Navarra would be an interesting and sublime visit.

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

I learn new words every day!!!

oldironnow wrote
Do you think Vinales will start up with Aprilia this season, or, maybe, not at all?
It's official that Vinales has signed, and will ride for Aprilia next season..............
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/08/16/maverick-vinales-to-race-with-aprilia-in-2022/387024

I doubt Yamaha will allow him to ride a competitor's machine until his contract is done (and I suspect Maverick will not be getting Yamaha's full team attention to detail this season either!)

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

motogrady

https://m.gpone.com/en/2021/08/20/motogp/divorce-between-yamaha-and-vinales-with-immediate-effect.html

I dunno guys.

Looks like they, yammer and Vinales, pretty much tore the contract up.
Gonna be interesting to see if they, Aprilla, use him this year.

Side note: imo,  Joe Roberts really screwed up by not taking the deal with them.

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

oldironnow
Starting up WSBK Race 1 from Navarra.
If you get the stream, check out the slo-mo inspection of lean angle, edge grip and the use of bumps to cause the motorcycle to hop sideways and complete the corner.

At 4:40 for Rea, and then some others as the announcers do their pre-race vamping.

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

oldironnow
Turn 1 has a lot of the Brainerd in it.

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

oldironnow
It's very much a Laguna Seca type of race, as the field stretched out into a series of cushions.

Props Gerloff for not knocking anyone off.

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

Maverick gone for the rest of the season.
Crutchlow will ride his bike in Silverstone and Moto2 rider Jake Nixon will take the Petronas bike of Morbideli at Silverstone.
No word of who will take over the bars after that.
This leaves Maverick to be free to jump on the Aprilia whenever he wants and Aprilia wants him on the bike this year.
Good thing none of the CycleVision League members counted on him.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/yamaha-and-vinales-part-ways-in-motogp-with-immediate-effect/6650731/

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

Allred
Ah, so much for the lovey-dovey official announcement that we all knew was so tongue-in-cheek stating that Yamaha loves Vinales and Vinales loves Yamaha and it's all one happy family.

Crutchlow will no doubt be pleased to ride at Silverstone, and his fans will be pleased to see him there.

And if Aprilia wants to have Vinales ride in this year's season, do they magically add a third bike?

Re: Anybody watching MotoAM?

oldironnow
WSBK Navarra Race 2 - Better than the Race 1. Gerloff knocked down by another rider.

MotoGP technology

Re: MotoGP technology

oldironnow

I'm going to have to meditate on that.

Re: MotoGP technology

Allred
Hmmmm, 86 is the new "V"!

Interesting that he stresses the advantage of a "V" over in-line is the reduced flexing of the crankshaft.

And 86 was chosen for balance.

Smaller company, quicker at corporate decision making, equals faster improvements.

Interestingly candid article.

Re: MotoGP technology

oldironnow
Less crank length to twist.

Re: WSBK

Re: WSBK

oldironnow
Race 2 was worth the price of admission. A solid battle.

SSP300, kinetic chaos festival, as usual.

Re: WSBK

1 ... 11121314151617 ... 42