Racing

1 ... 45464748

Re: Yamaha satellite

oldironnow
Last competition for the XR750 ?

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/american-flat-track-halbert-taking-xr750-for-final-run-at-season-finale/

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Yamaha satellite

motogrady
One can see why the new bike might run a little better.

Re: Yamaha satellite

hacksaw
With a rev limiter?
That’s BS!
Big brother racing. Ruining the only racing that’s actually interesting to watch . Not that I get to see it anyway.
What’s a little valve float amongst friends?

Re: Yamaha satellite

AFAICT, Harley's XG750 has always struggled, and continues to struggle.
It's not even sold anymore, and what is running under the Vance&Hines banner is highly massaged.

Currently, HD riders are in fourth and tenth AFT rankings.
There's a lone KTM out there, and the rest of the top-tier are on Indian.

My bare understanding of the deal is that there was a schism of thought back in the early '20-teens' when the series organizers said they were switching to a production-based series, so HD got in line with that thought.
But Indian rolled out a pure-racing motorcycle, and then the series never changed.

https://www.cycleworld.com/is-indian-ftr750-really-that-good-is-harley-davidson-xg750r-really-that-bad/

https://www.americanflattrack.com/assets/view/28694/2025-AFT-SuperTwins-Redline-Technical-Rules-2024-08-16.pdf
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Yamaha satellite

motogrady
If I remember correctly the Indian factory racers had a massive crank.  It helped them hook up traction wise. They only went into the racers that were needed to make the homogeneous rule.
I don’t know what it is, 200, 400, are supposed to be available to the public.  In Pro motocross I think it’s 400.
If Indian did make 400 true racers, and half are already gone to pasture, seems they should be getting awful scarce.

Another Pro motocross rule is no bikes over 5 years old.
What if at all AFT deems could also be a concern to Indian.

That HD got caught with their pants down, eh.
It’s not like they have never played with the AMA in the court.

Remember when Honda quit back in the 90’s?
It wasn’t because they wernt winning.

Re: Yamaha satellite

Did someone say AMA Flattrack?

https://youtu.be/RU2HUBE7hHs?si=Zl4noXBkqT86TMqa