Racing

1 ... 4445464748

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

hacksaw
Oh! And what’s wrong with oiling their own chains?

This is 19th century House of Lords euro snobbery !

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

motogrady
I speak the truth.

Sure, most things that get big and grow to a behemoth
aquire, for the lack of a better term, baggage?

Heck, even at the club level, basic rules, formulated by the guys running them, appear.
You can’t just show up and expect to unload your bike and
go to the starting line.

You wanna be more than the fastest guy in the neighborhood back in the woods, you gotta play by the organizers rules.

The bigger the events, the bigger everything.

And it takes, well, almost 99.9% of the time, an organization of people to run an event.
That they can’t please everyone is just how it is.

Hell, the tire pressure thing is my big bitch with Dorna right now.

BMW will get their chance.  I mean, they’ve decided they want in.  Well, where the f&$k have they been the last, whatever 60 years or so.

Thinking about it, there is only one guy in all of motorcycling that has transcended the sport, or venue,
whatever you want to call motorcycling, and became rich,
famous, and known mainstream around the world.

One guy.

All the rest, part of an organization.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

hacksaw
Nope. Thats fascism  .
And I have zero use for the AMA either. Absolute Power corrupts absolutely.
As best I know, the IOM stands alone.
And they get more love from fans than any pretend road race put on by any huge governing body .
But ya know , better still is Sons of Speed
And the Malle races.
Races of the people , by the people , for the people .

Check your history. BMW been racing long before Ktm, Kawasaki , Suzuki and long before Dorna existed .
It’s an insult to BMW and to followers of the mark to deny them .

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

hacksaw
Hiding Dorna behind Evel Knievel
is about as lame as it can get.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

Fascism?  lol.

Racing is not a democratic thing.
It’s about as far from it as can be.
You take as much as you can, for yourself,
let the rest do the same.

What’s next, to each what he needs?

Thing is, companies or people step up to the plate and buy
a concern.  They own it. They have the right to run it as the believe it should be run.

Anyone can start a company or series.

How about “The Cyclevisor Intergallatic Motorcycle Championship”.
Yeah.  That sounds good.
We will let anyone race whatever and whenever they want.
Then crown a Champion each Christmas Day.

Wanda ya think?  Sound like a winner?

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

hacksaw
Who said anything about democracy?
The USA isn’t even a democracy. It’s representative republic.
Fascism in not a form of government. It’s the way an organization is run.
It wasn’t me whom started this thread asking on Dorna stupidity. So there must others besides me questioning Dorna.

There was racing b4 dorna and there will be racing after it. Either way it’s not your province to decide what insults me.
When any organization gets too big to conduct bizz without prejudice , they need to go. Control for the sake of control sucks.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

motogrady

You did.
By the people for the people, however you put it.

As far as a company needs to go when it gets too big and prejudiced, where does anyone see BMW
being kept out because of race color or creed?
Show me.  Tell me how beemer is being kept out in an amoral way.

You might not like it, but the guys that bought and paid for that show feel 22 teams is the limit.

Simple as that.

Ffs…HD refuses to make a v4.
They need to go.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

hacksaw
I did not start this thread .
You are putting words in my mouth and I resent that.
I was referring to club racing being closest to Everyman .
As compared to dictatorial  snobbery .
If you actually read my posts before jumping to defend these bully’s , you would have plainly seen I was referring to BMW recent technology leadership and increase in sales
And nothing to do with race as in racism . You do understand that race as a human genetic issue is different than race as in racing?
I thought you were better than playing the race card .
As to Harley- Davidson , I did not know they were involved in Dorna racing.
In any case internal decisions of companies on their manufacturing has nothing to do with an organization that basically is a parasite dependent on controlling what manufacturers can participate in their races.
They can change their policy to allow  BMW to participate as other oem’s do. I surmised Dorna is afraid of BMW upsetting their precious apple cart. Probably rightfully so .
Cowards.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

Motogrady -

Thanks for the rational reply to me.
Thought provoking 👍👍
I can see, the series truly is better - cleaner, safer, more profitable, stable, faster, way more ‘worldwide’ than before … many positive aspects.

The quality of the product has shown Dorna are a creative group.

They could’ve ridden the two stroke series right into the ground.

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

hacksaw
So you feel allowing a stand alone BMW race team would somehow contribute to an unsafe , dirty , less profitable , slower , and less worldwide races?

Sorry, I don’t buy into that at all.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

motogrady

Well, unfortunately, nobody but the owners of that series get to make that call.

Thinking about it, maybe it’s a case of ultra nationalism.

Do Spain and Germany get along?

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

hacksaw wrote
So you feel allowing a stand alone BMW race team would somehow contribute to an unsafe , dirty , less profitable , slower , and less worldwide races?

Sorry, I don’t buy into that at all.
Naaawww. You missed the on-ramp to Cognizance Junction and ducked into Obfuscation Roundabout.

If you read for context, what I stated was that the series is "cleaner, safer, more profitable, stable, faster, way more ‘worldwide’" then it was back in the '80s and even when Dorna made the change to four strokes, just to pick random but notable time-frames.

If you further read for context, earlier then that I stated I do wish a team (or individual) could build a machine and attempt to qualify for a race.

These are not mutually exclusive statements, and my mind can hold them both without losing control of my bodily functions.

Maybe I can arrange them in a fashion that will be understandable to the widest possible populace of this board, in case my excessive verbiage has made the issue muddled.

I contend, that IF, the series STILL had wide-open rules with limited controls and open entry, like I desire, that COULD LIKELY mean that the Dorna never developed the interest to make the series a safer, cleaner, more profitable, faster and truly a world-wide championship event.

I believe that this managed series has led to

Less deaths (started to come down in the '80s and remain low),
less toxic pollution (literally, some of those fuel blends were poisonous),
More money for riders, mechanics (and there are a lot more series' employees),
Faster speeds (the top speed at Mugello is still trending higher),
Global reach (big push into South Asia).

The cost of these successes, I contend, has been having a controlled-entry series to make it a stable series that can be marketed to the entertainment business portals, because if no one is watching what your entertainment 'thing' does these days, one does not exist.

Well enough drivel - ON TO THE REAL COMPETITION !

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

hacksaw
I don’t see anything you said that mentioned the 1980’s .
And I looked a couple of times.

I can only suggest that if you spent less time mumbling incoherently and more on trying to make a recognizable post , I mean , how can u expect anyone to remember what you typed if you can’t recall it yourself?

I will say the old 2 strokes were a lot more fun .
I followed some of that in the magazines.
I still say people flock to the IOM while I see pictures of mainly empty bleachers at Dorna races.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

MotoAmerica returns to Mid-Ohio after 10 years gone.

https://www.motoamerica.com/mid-ohio-memories-2014-the-last-dance/

(1996)

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

whatarush
I’m sure BMW will joining MotoGP in 2027. According to this article they paid €18m for Suzuki’s data.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/motorcycles/motogp/bmw-acquires-suzukis-gsx-rr-motogp-data/

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

motogrady
whatarush wrote
I’m sure BMW will joining MotoGP in 2027. According to this article they paid €18m for Suzuki’s data.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/motorcycles/motogp/bmw-acquires-suzukis-gsx-rr-motogp-data/
Good read.
Kind of gives one the feeling it’s not DORNA keeping beemer out.

It’s BMW just isn’t ready.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

WOW!
That was a GREAT link !!!!

I get a feeling Rins and Mir will be hired for development if only just to mesh with the old data.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: The stupidity of Dorna

whatarush
See some great news on MotoGP today when I went to watch the press conferences. Looks like they will be heading back to Brno for 2025-2029. Head to believe they haven’t been there since 2020.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2024/08/28/motogp-back-at-brno-from-2025-to-2029-inclusive/506739
1 ... 4445464748