Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

m143
Center Hub Steering, now your talkin' High Performance side car

Fatfatboy wrote
Saw this interesting rig at the local bike shop.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
I hub-center beast has a QA1 sticker on it.

Researching that led me to this thread about the weirdness of sidecar shocks and suspension:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/custom-shocks.1121240/

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Fatfatboy
^ That link ran me down a rabbit hole I probably shouldn't have gone down. Non-racing type high performance sidecars for sale. Not good for a bored fella always looking for something a little different.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Allred
Fatfatboy wrote
^ That link ran me down a rabbit hole I probably shouldn't have gone down. Non-racing type high performance sidecars for sale. Not good for a bored fella always looking for something a little different.

Tread carefully FatFat, you could end up with one of these for you and the good lady!!!

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
I've wanted a worm for years.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow

Mmmmm... Bi-stability........

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Allred
oldironnow wrote
Mmmmm... Bi-stability........
Interesting, I had never heard of it until now.

A light switch
A ball point pen mechanism
The ratchet and pawl in a motorcycle kickstart

BTW, some useless trivia, did you know that not only is the standard electricity supply in the UK 240v, not 110v, but that the light switches there operate in the opposite direction. Down is on and up is off.

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
Allred wrote

BTW, some useless trivia, did you know that not only is the standard electricity supply in the UK 240v, not 110v, but that the light switches there operate in the opposite direction. Down is on and up is off.

.

Now... why would they do it backwards???

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Allred
oldironnow wrote
Now... why would they do it backwards???

              "Down is on"!

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Fatfatboy
Came across this old mill in southern Missouri on my last ride to Arkansas

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
Thank you for street sweeping the line when you go through corners!

Re: Fwd: Uncle Ernie’s Place