Uncle Ernie’s Place

1 ... 222324252627

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

motogrady

Steve McQueen was cool.
So was Maryanne Faithful.
Elvis, and Evel too.

Here’s the King of Cool.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Marianne unfaithful was more like it.
As to Sinatra -
“Come fly with me , come fly let’s fly away “

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

CT's King of Cool.

Kenny Coolbeth 3 Time AMA National Champion.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Cool

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
I guess I just wasn’t meant for the digital world.
I tell ya what though , that’s some sweet road.
Good luck with the bike. Enjoy and safe riding!

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

motogrady

That is a good picture. 👍

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Great shot of a great road.

<quote author="Fatfatboy">

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Man , isn’t it though .
Back or no back , if I had access to a road like that I might be riding today  myself.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Thanks. That’s a short road in the woods that I use to get to more twisties. I’m very fortunate that I can pull out of my driveway and instantly be on good roads that take to better roads.
The weather today was unseasonably warm and would of been a great day for riding but spent it with the family. I was able to get out for a little bit around 9:30 tonight. Still 56 degrees. The fairing offers great protection.
The exhaust is the quietest bike I’ve ever owned besides a 82 Gold Wing. At first I thought it would be changed instantly but I kinda like the fact I could ride through town at 11:00 pm and not wake the the neighborhood.
Gave me a chance to snap a couple photo’s of downtown without people poking out the windows.

As for the digital “dash” that is really just numbers on a screen on the top clamp. I used to dislike them  but this one gives me just one place to look to see rpms and mph all at once. My 16 Roadster had a similar setup but it was hard to see with the sun behind me. This one is 100 times better.
With it in the riser and not the tank I don’t have to look down. I like that.
Makes it easier to see where RPMs are at when I’m the twisties and burnin it up.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
You actually shift looking at the tach?

I got one don’t care that much about twistiest as such .
But what yiu are calling a that short road is whst I would love.
Ride safe

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Yes, if I have a tach I use it.

I love twisty hilly roads. Whether I’m pushing to my limit or just taking a relaxing cruise.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
I find tachs relatively useless . Unless you have disabled the rev limiter . Once I own a bike for a bit I can pretty much tell by seat of my pants what’s going on .
One exception is possible setting the idle. But even that is more confirmation than necessity.

“Gauges ? We don’t need no steenkin’ gauges!”

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

 I like a tach a lot when breaking in a new motor. Especially this M8. It is the quietest Harley I've ever ridden. I'm talking Honda quiet. I watch the tach more than the speedo at this point.

 Speaking of idle, this M8 idles down to as low as 830 RPM's once it's warmed up. I found that out by reading the "stinkin gauge's".

I'm so use to the higher RPM's of my other FI bikes that it threw me off. I've not decided on an exhaust, if I even will swap it out (stealth mode), but I would be curious as to how the M8 would sound with a straight pipe.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Electric bikes are a big , no HUGE , NO!!!
I have accepted Emowers and sone yard tools.
But never a motorcycle.
As far as disturbing people, fk them . I don’t think any new internally combusted bike today is even close to being excessively loud.

Tachs are jewelry on modern machines.
Last I saw Harley break in procedure was based on mph not exactly rpm . But maybe that’s changed .
Myself , i go by joe Minton . Rev it up and chop the throttle a couple of times . Done!
Pretty much just settling things in .
Modern materials and tolerances along with synthetic oil , what’s to break in ?
Remember what break in is. It’s wear. Old days of iron barrels and ring materials break in was wearing the rings into their bores.
Of course oem’s don’t want people to leave the dealership and hammer the bikes . The machines after all are on warranty .

Well as to strait pipes on the new Harley motors , what one may hear is your motor melting . But that’s pure speculation on my part.
Whatever happened to WillieG when a few years ago he exclaimed “ we got our sound back !”
Strait pipes do save lives .
Stealth will get you killed on a bike.
Including the lack of shiney stuff .
Now I have had plenty of black bikes . But the wheels and exhaust , engine covers etc etc were normally not .
The trendy stealth stuff to me is paying more for less.
Powder coat is cheaper than chrome .

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
Ya know I see riders out there with back in black on black bikes  or grey or whatever the stealth of the week  fad color is . And these riders  are saturated in fluorescent green like an electric st paddy’s day float. Lol.

Am I supposed to wave to these nerds?
How do I by looking at them know if they are newbies or evil MF’ers?

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

motogrady

lol…….relax hack.

You feel like waving go ahead.
If not, don’t.

Nobodypayingyourbills but you.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

180hp and 167 pounds of torque. The Beast.

1 ... 222324252627