Uncle Ernie’s Place

1 ... 2324252627

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

motogrady

Is that a turbocharger?

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

180hp and 167 pounds of torque. The Beast.

Is that a Pontiac Vibe ??

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Is that a turbocharger?
Yes

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Is that a Pontiac Vibe ??
Yes

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
the Beast has foot boards. at least that was informative.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Our local Cub Scouts do an awesome fund raiser.
Pine Wood Derby Sponsor Race.
It's a good time and it raises a few bucks that help local kids.
My shop built and sponsored a Cyber Truck because Elon Rules.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

oldironnow
That’s solid community involvement

I spend a fair amount of time on 85 in the San Jose, and I regularly see autonomous cars and trucks getting live tested.
Just last week I ended up riding with a Cybertruck for about five miles.
I risked it and fished my cell out of my jacket, trying to take a video, but all i got was a blurry pic.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

That's pretty cool Walt. Good luck at the races.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

What controls the auto-cars? I've not paid much attention to them.
I know there has been accidents with them but with so many people out on the road in auto mode I'd probably take my chance on an auto-car over the mindless drivers I see.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
never!

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

What controls the auto-cars? I've not paid much attention to them.
I know there has been accidents with them but with so many people out on the road in auto mode I'd probably take my chance on an auto-car over the mindless drivers I see.
As a teen I worked in a Camper/RV center.
Mostly preparing new units for customers after the sale.
This was the mid 70s, and cruise control was relatively new.

One day the owner calls us mechanics in the office.
Tells us, “make sure the customers know how cruise control works.  What it can and can not do.”

“Why?” One of us asked.

“That 28 foot Winnebago that went out last week.  F:;king
idiot set it on cruise, on the highway, and decided he wanted a beer out of the fridge. Thought cruise control
actually drove the unit.”

“Holy Crap, is he alive?”, One of us yelled.

“Yeah, he’s alive.  Units totaled. I called him in the hospital.  Told me that’s the last RV he will ever set foot in.”

We all had  good laugh on that one.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Jeez, that’s so sad but funny as heck.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
auto pilot is not cruise control? LMFAO!

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Here’s a few photos of the most amazing custom Sportster I’ve ever see. This was a build done back in the 70’s by John Harmon and Bill Holand. The frame is a one off design by Bill and the front end is one of John’s own design girders which is internally sprung with rockers at the axle. The engine is a late 60’s XLCH with the rotating assembly custom machined by John with 120” one off custom machined upper end, no OEM parts used. The heads are dual plug running dual magnetos with Hillborn Injection. Last but not least the bike is fit with rear controls for the brake and shifter. Absolutely insane ride.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Some of these folks survived and bought Teslas.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

I like that stance.

Artists:

https://hotbike.com/john-harmons-legacy/

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

Great stuff!

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

I like that stance.

Artists:

https://hotbike.com/john-harmons-legacy/

.
Wow! Thanks for that Oldiron. Great read.
125-150 cubic inch motors in the 70's? I had no idea.

I have a 74 XLCH that I wouldn't mind having one of those girder front ends for.
Pity John cancer got John at such a young age. He could have given the chopper guys of the 2000 a run for their money.

Re: Uncle Ernie’s Place

hacksaw
I like diggers . The stance is nice . But I never cared for that front end.
This bike has the ugliest handlebars .
And that’s homeliest sportster engine ever.
Never mind it’s a grenade.

1 ... 2324252627