"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

1 ... 10111213141516 ... 23

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
What I did to my bike today ?
Sold it! Lol.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Congratulations Keith.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
thank you kirk.
its never an easy decision.
i got three old bikes coming in. and then i really have to start making the real effort to disperse a lot of stuff.

it isnt easy being green.
or getting old.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw wrote
its never an easy decision.
yep.
Looking around in my garage trying to figure out how to get a Freewheeler in it. What do I get rid of?

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
If you can afford a 3 wheeler , you can afford a bigger garage.
I don’t see a problem.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Did you ride the trike?

I know someone that bought a trike and is not happy trying to stay out of rough road surfaces with the three tracks.

I know you had a bad experience with a side car but you should try to find one that is setup right and try riding that.

yep.
Looking around in my garage trying to figure out how to get a Freewheeler in it. What do I get rid of?

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Yeah, I rode the Freewheeler when it first came out. It was a hoot to ride.
I think the biggest issue with my rig was it was on a 883 sporty. Too small a bike for the use.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

grado
Administrator

Gonna try and bring this paint back

Looks as tho there is a coat of clear that has
deteriorated from gas spills and Sun.

This is about half an hour and one piece of 2000 wet paper.

I’ve shot a few cars and trucks all over.
A few frames also.
Heck, I did a work van with a case of white spray cans from The Dollar Store once.

But this project appears to be a different animal.

The plan is sand as much of the clear off.
Then buff it.

It’s got me nervous.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
I wouldn’t sand it.
There should be a few ways to remove that clear coat w/o ripping into the actual paint.
Consult a pro .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

grado wrote

I’ve shot a few cars and trucks all over.
But you did not shoot the deputy .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I replaced the battery in the new to me rig. The bike still cranks too slow. Starter gets way to hot.
The motor was rebuilt with 10:1 compression. Upon research looks like the stock compression was 8.5:1.
So I'm thinking a high torque starter is needed or will a higher CCA battery fix the issue?

Thoughts please.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Well…
This is the problem with side cars.
They are slow. People try and beef them up and as a result stuff breaks . My buddy had one and in order for it to run with the rest of us he had the motor punched out . But he was always wearing stuff out. But he did run tge hell out of it.
Idk the compression ratio he had. It was changed a couple of times.
10:1 doesn’t sound like a big deal . So maybe you just need a new starter. They can be bench tested . Of course if yiu replace it do so with the best you can get!
The starter specs should detail it’s battery needs.
I am thinking All Balls starter . But I haven’t researched it .
Check your grounds.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
All else fails get a compression release

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw wrote
All else fails get a compression release
I'll probably just go for a 1.37kw starter. It's the easiest fix. I'm not really wanting to pull the heads off at this point. First is to chase down grounding points. That's the cheapest.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Understandable of course.

Good luck with this.
You are an eternal optimist. I have to say I admire that.
I would be somewhat frustrated .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Turns out the new battery I got last week was bad. Traded it back in for another. She still cranks slow so I may still go for a stronger starter.

Took Gracie for her first ride in the car.

Lucky the previous owner left the tie down in it that was used for his dog so all I had do is pick her up and put her in and use a few treats to get her to relax and off we went.
We just putted around town a bit and a little bit on an outside road but she likes it.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Interesting about the battery. I will steer clear of that brand.
Enjoy yourself . I for one don’t believe dogs and motorcycles go together.
That’s uncle Ernie stuff .
Well at least you didn’t wrap the dog in a silk scarf and goggles. Lol.
People bring dogs to ball games. That annoys me.
I actually like dogs. But People bring their dogs into craft breweries . That I really can’t stand.
I guess I just don’t get it.
Anyway you are looking good.
Best of luck with the starter . Perhaps a battery with more cranking power would be the ticket . Would a more powerful starter require an even more powerful battery? Idk .
I will be interested .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Dogs can become part of the family to some. They always have in our family. Every since I was a kid.
My daughter has a couple hairy wiener dogs that are like her children. She takes hers to work too.
We’re just dog people.

Last week a gal brought her support cat to church with her. I’m not quite that reliable on my dogs.

As for the rig, yesterday the wife and I spent the day riding around it. I learned the trick to start it.
Two twist of the throttle, push the electric leg button and it fires right up most of the time. If not I repeat and it fires.
I may still get a 1.7kw starter for it.

I also discovered that 93 octane isn’t enough. Gets a little pingy under-load. I put some octane boost in it last night. I’ll see if it improves today.

Since I’ve been down since September my muscle tone has been kinda sad. My back muscles felt it this morning from steering the bike around. I was thinking about going to a gym but this bike may just take its place. More fun too.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
I sort of understand . With so many unloved kids in this world I just have a hard time wrapping my head around some of this dogs as people stuff.
But hey! Who cares what I think anyway?
1 ... 10111213141516 ... 23