BSA

Re: BSA

grado wrote
Fatfatboy wrote
I hate to see dented chrome tanks
Jeez, what it would take to fix that tank.
Could you fix that tank?

Pretty cool really, a survivor.
I mean it looks like it’s all there.

Ya, cool to see a younger guy carrying it on.
The paintless dent removal guys could do it or there is this trick with an inner tube

https://youtu.be/PNtj-B3I6SA

Re: BSA

grado
grado wrote
Fatfatboy wrote
I hate to see dented chrome tanks
Jeez, what it would take to fix that tank.
Could you fix that tank?

Pretty cool really, a survivor.
I mean it looks like it’s all there.

Ya, cool to see a younger guy carrying it on.
The paintless dent removal guys could do it or there is this trick with an inner tube

https://youtu.be/PNtj-B3I6SA
Pretty good deal right there.

Had a friend back in the day.
Donald was always working on something.
A car, a bike, he was a doer.
He hung around my garage a lot.
One day I’m out front,
under a truck.
I see his feet appear,  but he’s just standing there.
I wiggle out, stick my head out and he’s just standing there.
White as a ghost.
Just stareing at me.

“What’s up?” I asked.

10 seconds later he tells me,

“That old Triumph I have out back.  With the dented tank.
Thought I’d put some air pressure on it toget that dent out.
I made a blank to close off the fill and rigged up an adapter
to fit the air hose at the petcock. I was holding it down on the bench with one hand, and didn’t put much air in it at all and boom,
the whole right side let go. The tank is ruined.!”

“You ok?”  I asked.

“Yeah. I’m ok.  But I tell you one thing, it got my blood pumping pretty good!”

Needless to say, that was it as far as fixing gas tanks around there.

Re: BSA

Did he smell like chit?

Re: BSA

oldironnow
If I was actually religious instead of lapsed everything, I would be able to count all the miracles where I didn't get killed doing some random dumb-assery.

In fact, I wish I had some kind of a list, so I could comfort myself in my old-age.

Re: BSA

grado
Did he smell like chit?

😄

Re: BSA

grado
If I was actually religious instead of lapsed everything, I would be able to count all the miracles where I didn't get killed doing some random dumb-assery.

In fact, I wish I had some kind of a list, so I could comfort myself in my old-age.
I have about half a dozen myself. 👍

Re: BSA

Usually those pointless debt repair (lol) can’t do motorcycles  . They say tank metal is heavier gauge than cars.
Which I believe. Cars are so thin walled it sux.

Re: BSA

grado
Administrator
hacksaw wrote
Usually those pointless debt repair (lol) can’t do motorcycles  . They say tank metal is heavier gauge than cars.
Which I believe. Cars are so thin walled it sux.
Debt repair lol.
Maybe so.
But to me, working, learning on them is a big part of it.

Plus, I don’t like others messing with mine.

That being said, I really do wish I would have got a tire guy to mount the last set of Bridgestones.
Effin aluminum rims…….

Re: BSA

hacksaw
Yes aluminum rims do suck .
“Mags” was supposed to be short for wheels made of magnesium . Or so I always  thought.
When we bought our Jeep Patriot several years ago o made sure we got the steel wheels. I had too much trouble with keeping air  in the aluminum wheels on the Caravan .
I have had good luck with Harley cast wheels though .
So what do I know? Lol.

Re: BSA

m143
My Chevy Pickup has rotted steel wheels that don't hold air.

Re: BSA

In my younger days I despised mags and only wanted spokes. Now that the clock ticks faster I prefer mags.
Although I wouldn't dare put mags on a springer. That's sacrilegious and just silly.

Re: BSA

maybe your PU is old enuff to have required tubes?
lol.
i am talking about 2002 aluminum wheels . it would have to be extreme circumstance to have steel rust out in that time.

Re: BSA

perish the thought.

Re: BSA

Re: BSA

hacksaw

BSA number 1
RIP Earl Bowby

Metal flake tank!!!!!🤠

Re: BSA

I didn’t know anything about Earl so I had to look him up.
From what I read sounds like he had a fun life and was a great hill climber back in his day.
It’s good to see he lived a good long life.

Re: BSA

oldironnow
Earl Bowby ruled for a long time.
Infatuated with ‘the new,’ I was always impressed at his ability to dominate on what I thought, in my ignorance, was lesser machinery.

Re: BSA

hacksaw
Lol. Glad I posted this! 😎

Re: BSA

hacksaw
Actually I think it’s Earl that M143 posted as the subject of the magazine centerfold he started this thread with .

Re: BSA

I’ve never been a 441 fan but this Rickman Metisse looks sweet.

It can be yours.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/rickman-metisse-bsa-441/