Last Rides

1 ... 232425262728

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

hacksaw
Nikons are front wheel drive?

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

No. Chain to the rear wheel

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

hacksaw
Then why is it being said they  would have more traction?

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

oldironnow
hacksaw wrote
Then why is it being said they  would have more traction?

Because they have two front wheel contact patches.

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

hacksaw
well i suppose but its not traction like power to the wheels.
and i assume over irregular surfaces both tires won't be equal in contact path.
a single fatter tire seems to make more sense.

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

oldironnow
hacksaw wrote
well i suppose but its not traction like power to the wheels.
and i assume over irregular surfaces both tires won't be equal in contact path.
a single fatter tire seems to make more sense.
Almost completely dead on ^

https://www.reddit.com/r/motobe/comments/cfqk4n/i_got_to_test_out_the_yamaha_niken_it_was_boring/

https://www.cycleworld.com/2019-yamaha-niken-gt-first-ride/

Re: Last Rides - Ride Hard, Ride Short (or Not😉)

hacksaw
🙂

Re: Last Rides

Ok Ahab! Lol.
oldironnow wrote
Spent all Sunday on a 600 mile ride.
Hunting a White Whale.
Going to be on an Advil-drip for today, at least. :)
I will try to make a coherent post later.

Re: Last Rides

Back in the saddle again. And it feels like living right way up again.

It wasn’t a long ride but it was revitalizing.
All is right in my world again.

Re: Last Rides

hacksaw
Glad for you back on the road .
Short rides are good. Most anyway.
I would much rather bang gears or crank up a curved banked on ramp and air it out to the next exit than drone mindlessly on for miles aNd miles

I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles
Oh yeah

Re: Last Rides

whatarush
This is great news….glad you’re back on two wheels again bro.

Re: Last Rides

Thank you bro. I hope you’re feeling better.

Thanks Keith.
Short blast do have benefits. You get out in the breeze and get your arms stretched on some full throttle yanks on routes you are used too and know like the back of your hand.
I do a lot of those after work. I call them “the long way home”.
I really do prefer a day in the saddle. Having a destination and plan a route that has what appears to be the best back roads to take us to the destination.

Re: Last Rides

hacksaw
Interesting concepts.
Seems I am limited by urban sprawl along with rheumatism
As to my riding . Used to be a few minutes and one was off into farmland around here.
But one thing really I still enjoy is romping on the throttle of certain machines.
Certain bikes thrill me just on start up .
Valve float is a beautiful thing!
Ok , I am being over dramatic .

Re: Last Rides

Good news!
ENJOY

Re: Last Rides

Thank you, Walt, and I plan to.
Cheers to a great season to all.

Re: Last Rides

Back in the saddle again. And it feels like living right way up again.

It wasn’t a long ride but it was revitalizing.
All is right in my world again.
Best news in a long time !
Well done 👍👍
Keep at it 🔥

Re: Last Rides

Thanks Mr. Iron.

Re: Last Rides

I celebrated Father’s Day with my daughter on Saturday.
We took a nice cruise through the back roads to Hermann Mo.
It is a small German town on the Missouri river that’s popular for the wine, beer and brats.

Best Father’s Day gift a guy could ask for.

Re: Last Rides

m143
Happy Fathers Day!
My son and I rode the Trans. Mass Trailway.
Here is where the TMT crosses the Mass. Pike in Beckett.

Re: Last Rides

hacksaw
I didn’t ride . Which actually today was fine. Too many rides home in a rush from Laconia usually in freezing rain for Father’s Day .

2-0 on Father’s Day
6-0 for the season so far
High end players and academics.
This is a summer league mainly for fun
But you couldn’t give me a Vincent to miss it.
1 ... 232425262728