Racing

1 ... 1213141516

Re: WSBK *Davies retires*

Mad4TheCrest
Chaz is calling it quits ...

I remember speaking with him in the paddock at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana in 2008. He was racing AMA Supersport on an Attack Performance ZX-6R. He looked so young - and now he's retiring. Geez, has time flown!

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wsbk/chaz-davies-retire-2021-worldsbk/

Re: WSBK *Davies retires*

oldironnow
Somewhere i have a tiny picture of him standing in the dry grass outside of Turn 10 at Laguna watching the MotoGP race with his crew - likely the same year.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/daytona-200-winner-chaz-davies-retires-from-racing/

Re: WSBK *Davies retires*

Mad4TheCrest
Hang on to that picture if you can find it. Davies really paid his dues in the sport, maybe more than any other modern rider. For a while there he was pretty much the guy you got to ride whatever you needed ridden, to fill in for whoever got hurt. Maybe that's what his retirement will look a bit like.

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

oldironnow
There's a weird vibe in the morning's Superpole that the field wasn't comfortable out there.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/wsbk-saturday-is-cancelled-after-wss300-fatality/

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

motogrady
Apparently the worlds of Motocross and Motogp will intersect in a friendly kind of way this week at COTA in Texas.

Honda riders Marc Marquez, and newly crowned AMA 250 Motocross Champion Jett Lawrence are set to test each other in a time trials event this Wednesday.

We've all seen MM do his thing.

This is Lawrence doing his.

https://youtu.be/IyAAvp36cNY

This is what they are doing it on.

Honda's 100 cc 4 stroke minibike racer.

All just for fun.....if that's possible between Champions.

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

oldironnow
My castle for the day.
Do some turn work for your nearest club.

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

Fatfatboy
Beautiful, man.

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

oldironnow
Fatfatboy wrote
Beautiful, man.
I fluttered over #110 Guzzi while the team of two guys working on it stuffed some track food into their faces.

(Individually. Not into each-others' faces...  Not that there's anything wrong with feeding your good racing pal, in the evening, with your own greasy hands, out here, in the rice country of the Sacramento Valley, so close to The Coast yet so close to the Midwest at the same time.... but I just want to clarify any misconceptions anyone may get from my language)

"I love seeing your bike out there! What year is it?"

"It's really hard to say..."

"90s?"

"Ahhh... It's... just a bunch of stuff thrown together..."

"Well I really dig it. Always wanted one, and yours sounds fantastic."

"Thanks! I hope we get it together."

It slowed and stopped on the back of the course in the race.

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

Fatfatboy
^

I was kinda hoping that COTA was going to blow it and Indy would jump at it. I guess it doesn’t matter how bad COTA’s track gets.

Indy was mystical in 2011. Doubt the magic has evaporated.

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

Fatfatboy
Wow, 2011?! That long ago? Really?

Re: WSS300 - Dean Vinales Mortally injured

Mad4TheCrest
I recall that Indy's track surfacing came into question in 2012 when a couple of riders, including defending champ Stoner crashed over bumpy sections. It would be interesting  if Indy got the race back because of COTA's bumps.

Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

Mad4TheCrest
This just in: Ducati will replace Energica as the e-bike supplier for Moto-E beginning in 2023.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/ducati-motoe-2023/

How much do you want to bet this means Ducati will buy Energica?
1 ... 1213141516