Racing

1 ... 19202122232425 ... 42

Re: Racing

Miller already racing unmarked MX KTM’s in the homeland.
Not doing to bad either.

http://https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1007884/1/jack-miller-takes-red-bull-ktm-victory-australia

Re: Racing

Miller already racing unmarked MX KTM’s in the homeland.
Not doing to bad either.

http://https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1007884/1/jack-miller-takes-red-bull-ktm-victory-australia
Thanks for the link!

I liked the embedded link about Hard Enduro:

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1007544/1/remy-gardner-motocross-bitch-sometimes-hard-enduro-safer

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Dovi is hanging up his leathers at the end of the season.
This doesn’t come as a surprise considering his results now compared to his 2019-19 results.

He also gives a warning to Yamaha that I’m sure they already see about catering to one star rider (think Honda).

http://https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport/moto-gp/for-sure-i-will-not-race-dovizioso-calls-it-quits-on-motogp-and-sends-yamaha-a-warning/news-story/7cf746c3aadfb14a8838d907d1f61463

In the article Dovi talks about how GP has changed so much in 10 years. It used to be it was the same lead riders upfront but that is not the case anymore. All the bikes are so close to the same. It’s the little things that make the difference between who wins.

It sure does make for more interesting races.
I’m sure it has made it a bit harder on the bookies.

Re: Racing

That looks like the smarter way to go for physical fitness. Watching that type of racing all I can think of is how grueling it can be, especially in the heat.
I do think the motocross would give more skills that are more useful for road racing.
Maybe doing motocross without the ramps would be a plus or training flat track.

Re: Racing

Rins officially joins LCR Honda with a two year contract.

http://https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1008031/1/breaking-news-alex-rins-joins-lcr-honda-2023-2024-motogp-seasons

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Good!

Glad he's landed.

This will be a make or break shot for him.

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Triumph entered World Supersport at the Donington WSBK Round.

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2022/Can+Triumph+crack+the+front+group+We+probably+need+three+tenths+to+be+right+on+the+pace

Re: Racing

Triumph sure has made a TRIUMPhant come back.

Re: Racing

Triumph sure has made a TRIUMPhant come back.
They sure have.
Just saw last week, Ricky Carmichael, the past multi motocross/Supercross AMA Champion, was riding last week.

He’s been under a rather low visibility kind of contract with Triumph for maybe 2 years.  He’s been on their dual sports bikes, has said he’s honored to be associated with them.

His main gig has been a color commentator on TV for the MX/SX Nationals.

Rumors have been strong, that they, Triumph have been developing a 250 and 450 dirt bike.  With visions of fielding teams in both America and Europe next year for MX, SX, and Enduro National Championships.

Supposedly, it’s been almost 3 years since they started development.  And that the chassis and suspension have been finished for awhile.  Word has it they have been using Suzuki motors as mules, and the engine development has taken longer than they thought.
This indicates the motors, when finished, will be all in house Triumph.

Some think they are calling Ricky over to test the final product.  Hence him all of a sudden putting in laps to get into some kind of shape to test.

January, 2023, the American Supercross Series starts.
Not even 6 months away.
Time is getting tight if they want in next year.

Who knows, Cyclevisor.com might have a winter series to run this year!

Re: Racing

Re: Racing (old classics - just like us 😉)

Re: Racing (old classics - just like us 😉)

oldironnow
Cringe.
Full-cringe.
Such a short track, too.
And packed grids with fans for miles.
It was a time.

We really need to get our shit together while we can and make some meet up events happen.