Racing

1 ... 17181920212223 ... 42

Re: Racing

hacksaw
Helps , yes. But I do understand F2’s point.
W/o racing Ducati is nothing

Re: Racing

The raised jeeps are nutz. I waiting for the 2door pu that never came. For a year or 2 they had a kit available for tge 4 door wrangler conversion . I should have bought one then.
I do not want a 4 door pickup , Sam I am . I don’t want a 4foor box . I don’t want them with a fox.

All these high boy pickups and jkeeps are nuts. A lot of tge time the axles are not really that far above stock so tgey will still bottom out on rocks. Our patriot is stock

Re: Racing

oldironnow
hacksaw wrote
The raised jeeps are nutz. I waiting for the 2door pu that never came. For a year or 2 they had a kit available for tge 4 door wrangler conversion . I should have bought one then.
I do not want a 4 door pickup , Sam I am . I don’t want a 4foor box . I don’t want them with a fox.

All these high boy pickups and jkeeps are nuts. A lot of tge time the axles are not really that far above stock so tgey will still bottom out on rocks. Our patriot is stock

Have to agree.

I will admit to not shopping the market, but from what I see, it seems the basic pickup has become an odd duck. It's like they are only building for the one-vehicle household, family-hauler.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

oldironnow
"The whole "side by side" thing is a mystery to me."

Indeed, but it's becoming clearer to me now. Especially when you say you can't get a Ducati home for under $30K. It's a continuation of the manufacturers chasing the group that has money to spend.

It's about the aging group of people who have the $30K to spend. And speaks to why Yamaha gave Kenny Roberts a tarted-up side-by-side. King Kenny IS the focus.

The companies with side-by-sides have developed a market where their aging riding base can blow their free cash on a motorized thing that still gets their arthritic, spastic-nerved bodies out into the world and air and allows them to have a bit of fun.

Son, daughter and grandchildren ride around in them, but I bet many are a family-use purchase made by the elders.

I crossed paths with the culture in Arizona last year, and I didn't know what I was seeing until I recently watched "Nomadland."

I think it was Allred or maybe Mr. Mad' who noticed the piles of side-by-sides for sale and noted it was the busiest commodity at the dealership.

HD better get on this.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Walt shared this on FB.
Bub Racing going for land speed record again.

https://www.cyclenews.com/2022/05/article/denis-manning-and-bub-7-team-announce-rider-trev-richter-to-lead-quest-to-regain-title-of-worlds-fastest-motorcycle/

Re: Racing

Turned on MotoAmerica to see a bunch a womens running around on Royal Enfields GT650’s in the Build Train Race (BTR) series.
15 women in the series that build their own bikes and race them. Cool series and a good looking bike.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-racing/royal-enfield-btr-program-womens-road-racing-set-vir/

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

oldironnow
15 racers in the Build Series is more than double from last year. Good news!

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

MotoAM: former GP star Petrucci endured a nasty get-off and doesn't seem thrilled with the post-crash help he received. Welcome to racing in the USA, semi-dangerous tracks, backmarkers, and volunteer corner workers. From his tone, I would say he's considering quitting the US scene - if he can.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/motoamerica-petrucci-injured-in-174-mph-crash-in-race-two-at-vir/

Welcome to America.
"Walk it'off, son. Walk it off."

I'm thinking some sponsor signs might need to be moved.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

motogrady

Agreed.  It’s a bummer.

I remember thinking when that crash occurred, when the bike comes back and bites you as it’s happening, that’s bad ju ju.

Re: Racing

Agreed.  It’s a bummer.

I remember thinking when that crash occurred, when the bike comes back and bites you as it’s happening, that’s bad ju ju.
Wisdom, there ^

Re: Racing

RNF is ditching Yamaha and switching to Aprilia.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1003552/1/rnf-swaps-yamaha-aprilia-2023-motogp-season?amp

Yamaha could end up with just a factory team next year.

I’ve been watching MOTOGP UNLIMITED on Amazon which covers past season. There was footage of “off camera” action that showed team RNF discussion about loosing Morbideli and getting Rossi. Some of them were,,, less just say,, not thrilled.
I wonder if this has anything to do with it or has Aprilia finally showed they are worthy.

“Hey Maverick! Take heed.”

1 ... 17181920212223 ... 42