Racing

1 ... 1718192021

Re: Racing

hacksaw
Helps , yes. But I do understand F2’s point.
W/o racing Ducati is nothing

Re: Racing

hacksaw
The raised jeeps are nutz. I waiting for the 2door pu that never came. For a year or 2 they had a kit available for tge 4 door wrangler conversion . I should have bought one then.
I do not want a 4 door pickup , Sam I am . I don’t want a 4foor box . I don’t want them with a fox.

All these high boy pickups and jkeeps are nuts. A lot of tge time the axles are not really that far above stock so tgey will still bottom out on rocks. Our patriot is stock

Re: Racing

oldironnow
hacksaw wrote
The raised jeeps are nutz. I waiting for the 2door pu that never came. For a year or 2 they had a kit available for tge 4 door wrangler conversion . I should have bought one then.
I do not want a 4 door pickup , Sam I am . I don’t want a 4foor box . I don’t want them with a fox.

All these high boy pickups and jkeeps are nuts. A lot of tge time the axles are not really that far above stock so tgey will still bottom out on rocks. Our patriot is stock

Have to agree.

I will admit to not shopping the market, but from what I see, it seems the basic pickup has become an odd duck. It's like they are only building for the one-vehicle household, family-hauler.

Re: Racing

Mad4TheCrest
The whole "side by side" thing is a mystery to me. I never paid attention and only occasionally gave a thought to the growing numbers of those things on the showroom of my nearest mega-dealer. When I did pay attention, I mainly thought it was odd that those were seemingly replacing small, fast boats as the recreational vehicle of choice. I also wondered where and when are these things being used?

As for Ducati and racing, as Hack says above Ducati isn't anything without racing. I think that's starting to change with the V4 Multistrada, which I would argue is based around the first engine Ducati has produced side the short lived desmotre in the ST3, that is not derived from a performance racing design. (Actually since the ST3 was still a desmo and the V4 in the new MS is not, you might have to go all the way back to the spring valve GT's of the late 70's early 80's.)

Oh, and lest I forget, there's a lot of profit in each bike when you can't get them home for less than $30k. Ducati can get away with that because of allure, largely induced because of their race heritage and image. Suzuki's race image has faded a lot since the recession and even when it was at its height it wasn't at a level that could justify $30k bikes.

Re: Racing

oldironnow
"The whole "side by side" thing is a mystery to me."

Indeed, but it's becoming clearer to me now. Especially when you say you can't get a Ducati home for under $30K. It's a continuation of the manufacturers chasing the group that has money to spend.

It's about the aging group of people who have the $30K to spend. And speaks to why Yamaha gave Kenny Roberts a tarted-up side-by-side. King Kenny IS the focus.

The companies with side-by-sides have developed a market where their aging riding base can blow their free cash on a motorized thing that still gets their arthritic, spastic-nerved bodies out into the world and air and allows them to have a bit of fun.

Son, daughter and grandchildren ride around in them, but I bet many are a family-use purchase made by the elders.

I crossed paths with the culture in Arizona last year, and I didn't know what I was seeing until I recently watched "Nomadland."

I think it was Allred or maybe Mr. Mad' who noticed the piles of side-by-sides for sale and noted it was the busiest commodity at the dealership.

HD better get on this.

Re: Racing

Mad4TheCrest
IOMTT live streaming pass. Not too expensive but it better be viewable from a recorded video because I'm not going to watch it in the middle of the night 😉https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/isle-of-man-tt-streaming-video-pass-is-on-sale-now/

Re: Racing

Fatfatboy
Walt shared this on FB.
Bub Racing going for land speed record again.

https://www.cyclenews.com/2022/05/article/denis-manning-and-bub-7-team-announce-rider-trev-richter-to-lead-quest-to-regain-title-of-worlds-fastest-motorcycle/

Re: Racing

Fatfatboy
Turned on MotoAmerica to see a bunch a womens running around on Royal Enfields GT650’s in the Build Train Race (BTR) series.
15 women in the series that build their own bikes and race them. Cool series and a good looking bike.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-racing/royal-enfield-btr-program-womens-road-racing-set-vir/

Re: Racing

Mad4TheCrest
WSBK race 2. If you don't watch any other race this week, check that out if you can. (MotoAm  was pretty damn good too!)

Re: Racing

Mad4TheCrest
MotoAM: former GP star Petrucci endured a nasty get-off and doesn't seem thrilled with the post-crash help he received. Welcome to racing in the USA, semi-dangerous tracks, backmarkers, and volunteer corner workers. From his tone, I would say he's considering quitting the US scene - if he can.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/motoamerica-petrucci-injured-in-174-mph-crash-in-race-two-at-vir/

Re: Racing

oldironnow
15 racers in the Build Series is more than double from last year. Good news!

Re: Racing

Mad4TheCrest
oldironnow wrote
15 racers in the Build Series is more than double from last year. Good news!
Agreed. And, although the novice aspect of this racing class shows, I was impressed how fast the top riders were going through that sweeping downhill right that had them maxed out on ground clearance. 😳

Those bikes looked pretty nice too, but I wonder why so many of the builds ditched front fenders.

I found myself thinking, hey, in addition to this women's series why can't they have an old geezers BTR series. Then I realized that no amount of plating would fix my collarbone in time to race again in the same calendar year 😢

Re: Racing

Mad4TheCrest wrote
MotoAM: former GP star Petrucci endured a nasty get-off and doesn't seem thrilled with the post-crash help he received. Welcome to racing in the USA, semi-dangerous tracks, backmarkers, and volunteer corner workers. From his tone, I would say he's considering quitting the US scene - if he can.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/motoamerica-petrucci-injured-in-174-mph-crash-in-race-two-at-vir/

Welcome to America.
"Walk it'off, son. Walk it off."

I'm thinking some sponsor signs might need to be moved.

Re: Racing

Mad4TheCrest
Fatfatboy wrote
Welcome to America.
"Walk it'off, son. Walk it off."

I'm thinking some sponsor signs might need to be moved.
Latest update indicates Petrucci is busily poisoning his own well in MotoAM. Basically, I think he's one broken leg out the door. If I am right it will be a shame, so I hope I am wrong ...

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/motoamerica-petrucci-says-he-broke-his-leg-in-crash-at-vir/

Re: Racing

motogrady
This post was updated on .

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

I feel bad for Marc. His 'medical team' screwed the pooch initially when he first broke that arm, and it's been a bit here, a bit there of cleaning up the mess since. I hope they can give him now what he needs to keep riding at the level he wants.

Re: Racing

motogrady

Agreed.  It’s a bummer.

I remember thinking when that crash occurred, when the bike comes back and bites you as it’s happening, that’s bad ju ju.

Re: Racing

oldironnow
motogrady wrote
Agreed.  It’s a bummer.

I remember thinking when that crash occurred, when the bike comes back and bites you as it’s happening, that’s bad ju ju.
Wisdom, there ^

Re: Racing

Fatfatboy
RNF is ditching Yamaha and switching to Aprilia.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1003552/1/rnf-swaps-yamaha-aprilia-2023-motogp-season?amp

Yamaha could end up with just a factory team next year.

I’ve been watching MOTOGP UNLIMITED on Amazon which covers past season. There was footage of “off camera” action that showed team RNF discussion about loosing Morbideli and getting Rossi. Some of them were,,, less just say,, not thrilled.
I wonder if this has anything to do with it or has Aprilia finally showed they are worthy.

“Hey Maverick! Take heed.”

1 ... 1718192021