Racing

1 ... 28293031323334 ... 42

Re: Racing

Damn good to watch with you again!
Right back at you Oldiron!

Daytona, both times this year, thrillers for us!

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Did Escalante grid ??

At one point the screen showed he was in 20th place. I looked up the official results and he didn't show up. Not even in the DNF so I'm not sure what happened.  Strange but exciting ending.

I didn't think Herrin deserved the 6 place penalty at the restart. I didn't understand the extra five laps either so I looked up the official rules and it states that if a race is stopped after more than three laps and less than fifty- three laps a second race must be restarted to complete the original fifty-seven laps but not less than ten laps.
Herren earned that win.

The Harleys ruled Daytona in the bagger races with the V&H taking race 1 because the two factory hd's blew both their motors. They must have figured out the issue and made up for it in race 2. I think HD took 1 through 5.

Great races for sure.
I didn't reup the live feed this year just because I really didn't watch much last year so I watch it on Motoamercas YouTube channel.

Re: Racing

hacksaw
bagger racing is nauseating.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Thanks for that link

Re: Racing

Thanks for that link
We all need more KC.

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Saddlemen is racing a Pan America in Super Hooligans.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

motogrady

In that link, the Factory Orange HD, #33, that was the strongest bagger at Daytona.
That bike hauled butt.

Re: Racing

oldironnow
That article was great.
Such memories of the rate if change at the time.
I’m so glad i fully wandered into the sport at the beginning of the transition from dry to wet engine.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

 it will be a miracle if those sprints don't routinely result in injured riders, an unacceptable rise in my blood pressure, or both 😳
I’m hoping that they were more aggressive because it was the first sprint and they will more settle in sprints to come.
I do like the Sprint because it is more racing but so is the last 5 minutes of a FP.

Re: Racing

motogrady

Marc Marquez mentioned to have broken the 1st metacarpal.

On his throttle hand.

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Some of those small Corn Nuts(R) bones are difficult healers.

Re: Racing

Some of those small Corn Nuts(R) bones are difficult healers.
It was a snapped scaphoid in my right wrist, at 21,
that ended the quest to become a pro racer for me back in the mid 70s.

A real dusty track, a pileup of about 5 guys in the middle
of a downhill straight. Flat out in 4th I didn’t even have time to hit the brakes before seeing them.

Over the bars at speed, broken wrist, 16 weeks in a cast.
A whole Summer. Gone.

Took 2 years to get that wrist 75% back.

Lol……by then it was boats, water skiing and chasing bikinis.

Ahhh…..the 80s🙂

Re: Racing

oldironnow
I totally missed this ^

Can see that pile up rushing into my eyes !

Re: Racing

oldironnow
trim.MOV

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

It was a snapped scaphoid in my right wrist, at 21,
that ended the quest to become a pro racer for me back in the mid 70s.
 Man, what a let down. One crash and the dreams of your youth crushed like a Red Gold tomato. I'm sorry this happened the way that it did.

It's always amazing how the modern racers have such a short time out after their hard crashes.
I'm sure to Marc and team HRC the 6-8 weeks out seems like an eternity but in retrospect it's not that long.
The financial side to HRC is taking a hit as well. They are gambling $9 million a year for just Marc's salary to preform. The sponsors that pay to put their logos on Marcs bike are not seeing their logos on the big screen and may have 2nd thoughts on that gamble again next year.
It's a double edge sword.

1 ... 28293031323334 ... 42