Racing

1 ... 30313233343536 ... 41

Re: Racing

grado
Administrator
<quote author="hacksaw">
But what if it’s tru?

grado wrote
whatarush wrote

Nothing turns me off more than a rider blaming the bike.
You do the best you can with what you’ve got.
If you really think it’s the bike get a different bike.

If someone is paying you to ride for them suck it up,
take the hit, shut up and move on when the contract is up.

That’s what I think anyway.

Re: Racing

hacksaw
I disagree . Who is risking their life out there?

Re: Racing

grado
Administrator
hacksaw wrote
I disagree . Who is risking their life out there?
All of them.

Issues? Take it to your mechanic.
Take it to the team manager.
Joe Public and the masses can only offer sympathy.
That’s the bottom line.

“Feel sorry for me, I’m on a crappy bike.”

F that.

Re: Racing

hacksaw
Only the rider . The rest are safe and sound.
So what if it’s public?  The public watch’s the race.
Nobody is forcing anyone to listen.
I think you are too much against one guy . Rather than thinking about all riders in general .
And it works both ways , fire the guy if they want to .
But if the bike truly sux , then it sux.

Re: Racing

grado
Administrator
hacksaw wrote
Only the rider . The rest are safe and sound.
So what if it’s public?  The public watch’s the race.
Nobody is forcing anyone to listen.
I think you are too much against one guy . Rather than thinking about all riders in general .
And it works both ways , fire the guy if they want to .
But if the bike truly sux , then it sux.
Well…..it’s not like the bikes aren’t close.
Sure, some do things better than others.
But it’s not like they are entering a bagger
in Motogp.

Some say it’s 80% rider, 20% bike.
Sure, the bike matters.
But, swap bikes of the series leader, the guy in his prime, with that
“I don’t give a crap I’m winning this” attitude, with a guy
mired in the mindset of “It’ll never work”,
see who beats who.

Thing is, a rider and a team enter into a kind of contract.
An understanding.
The team says they will do the best they can.
The rider usually says he’s ready, willing and able to give it his best shot.

No rider goes in saying, hey, if the bike is crap I’m gonna tell everyone.
No team goes in saying if your marriage breaks up or you learn how to freebase cocaine we’ll tell the world of your problems.

No, both parties are in it in the end to make money.
The team by selling bikes for the factory.
The rider by winning, or at least portraying a winner.

That doesn’t work out, keep your word,
and move on.

Re: Racing

hacksaw
That’s partly my point,  one guy risks his life for the money and the owners risk money for the money.
So fuck the owners if they can't take a joke.
Free speech rules over slavery imho.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

What a pity. Yamaha used to be cock of the hill.
It’s not that they suck. It’s just that the other manufacturers have uped the game.

Re: Racing

What a pity. Yamaha used to be cock of the hill.
It’s not that they suck. It’s just that the other manufacturers have uped the game.
I've read that Yamaha Racing is run out of the Marketing budget.

If the limitation in the game is the long crank length of the I4 (why everyone else is into V4s), maybe Marketing feels they can't pair R1s as track-derived if they start racing V4s??
Especially considering the costs of birthing a new design ??

They might be on the edge of finding it, as Suzuki did, all just not worth it.

Re: Racing

I find it hard to understand why Ducati can seem to spend more on racing than Yamaha. Then I looked it up. Ducati’s total revenue for 2022 was $1.4 billion while Yamaha was $750 million.
I would of thought Yamaha who makes more than just motorcycles would far exceed Ducati.

Re: Racing

hacksaw
Ducati doesn’t have a choice. Yamaha can always make pianos .
Ducati races or dies.

Re: Racing

Four years ago at Mugello Pettrucci did it in a spectacular race.

https://www.youtube.com/live/jAS05uWe_1c?feature=share

Re: Racing

I find it hard to understand why Ducati can seem to spend more on racing than Yamaha. Then I looked it up. Ducati’s total revenue for 2022 was $1.4 billion while Yamaha was $750 million.
I would of thought Yamaha who makes more than just motorcycles would far exceed Ducati.
I'm figuring Yamaha's revenue at 16B USD

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/news/2023/0213/corporate1.html

What I AM surprised at is Ducati racing its brains out on 61K units.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Well damn !

My intention is to be there.
Next year for you my friend!

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Thanks for reminding me about the Vintage races !

You should make it for that.

Small, but full-enthusiasts.

This one dude made it out from Colorado with a bitsa FZ750.
He was so stoked ! First race. Told tale about how encouraging AHRMA was in getting his unrestored bike on Laguna Seca. Dude was so happy.

Full accessibility.

Got to speak with Dave Roper.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

hacksaw
NIcE!!!!!!

Anyone know if there is camping at the vintage race? Joe Gresh wants to know.
1 ... 30313233343536 ... 41