Racing

1 ... 33343536373839 ... 42

Re: Racing

hacksaw
"Heavens to Murgatroyd!"

Re: Racing

Maybe I will make that my new "bad day" response from now on:

"How's it goin'?"
"Ugh. Like Snagglepuss on the struggle bus!"

... "Holy Murgatroyd, Batman, sorry I asked"
“Snagglepuss on the struggle bus”

Six-decade cross-generational hybridization there, making me dizzy.

Re: Racing

oldironnow
It's always a good day to find virgin American Roadracings at the bottom of a box...

As soon as he took a look at those, his head went back this far, and he was heard to mutter 'Jeezus' (Zappa)

Re: Racing

Maybe I will make that my new "bad day" response from now on:

"How's it goin'?"
"Ugh. Like Snagglepuss on the struggle bus!"

... "Holy Murgatroyd, Batman, sorry I asked"
“Snagglepuss on the struggle bus”

Six-decade cross-generational hybridization there, making me dizzy.
Suffering sassaprass!

Re: Racing

It's good to see the frozen status of WSBK racing finally start to break apart.

Axle Bassani got drop by Ducati and picked up by Kawasaki for Rea's slot.

https://superbikeplanet.com/story/568/bombshell-bassani-to-replace-rea-at-kawasaki-wsbk-in-2024

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2023/2024+WorldSBK+silly+season+rumour+mill+begins+as+next+years+grid+forms

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Literally, the 2023 King of the Baggers.
Way to go Gillim and Vance&Hines !

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

hacksaw
And yet , baggers suck!

Re: Racing

Wednesday it was decided that Marc Marquez will part way with Honda and move to Ducati for 2024.
He will go at it alone as Ducati didn’t want his tech team to come along for the ride, and a peek into Ducati’s secrets.
It’s a one year contract only giving 93 the ability to go where he wants for 2025.

He will be riding the 2023 bike.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/marc-marquez-will-leave-honda-motogp-team-for-gresini-ducati-in-2024/10528508/

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Year old bike and maybe no factory data support at all?
Hmmmm.

Re: Racing

I personally think it’s a dirty move on Marc. Honda paid him 9 million a year while he was out injured.
If I was Honda I’d charge him 9 million to get out of the contract he has.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

oldironnow
I can see it going either way.

I imagine his net worth would support a 9Meg payback.
The internet says his net worth is 25Meg, but the internet also says his annual salary is 14Meg, so, not sure about his liquid cash situation.

I remember a rider paying back a helmet sponsor when Arai wanted to pick him up.

All the stories mention ‘by mutual agreement.’ So this détente is likely good for today and tomorrow for everyone; all doors might still open someday.

And Honda could get back a Marc Marquez who has knowledge to share.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/motogp-marc-marquez-leaving-honda/

Re: Racing

whatarush
I would have loved to see him ride for Apirlia or KTM. With him riding the Ducati, everyone might as well stay home. 😁

https://us.motorsport.com/motogp/news/crutchlow-thinks-motogp-field-may-as-well-not-turn-up-with-marquez-on-ducati/10528550/

Re: Racing

oldironnow
And it increases the spec-class feel of what should be the prototype series.

Moto2 is a spec class. Moto3 has two makes, and I don’t pick up a sense of technical innovation among them.

In 1998, there were seven different engines gridded.

Now there are five engines.

I want to look into this. I think the CRT years had the most variety.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

oldironnow
IMG_5856.mov

Re: Racing

2027 will see the 1000 cc MOTOGP bikes cut back to 850cc.

https://motorcyclesports.net/manufacturers-agree-to-reduce-motogp-engines-to-850cc/

Re: Racing

motogrady

Anyone see this?
4 years banned from racing, for what he says was a contaminated steak.

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/1039897/1/ducati-issue-ominous-assessment-andrea-iannone-s-first-worldsbk-test
1 ... 33343536373839 ... 42