Racing

1 ... 34353637383940 ... 47

Re: Racing

And it increases the spec-class feel of what should be the prototype series.

Moto2 is a spec class. Moto3 has two makes, and I don’t pick up a sense of technical innovation among them.

In 1998, there were seven different engines gridded.

Now there are five engines.

I want to look into this. I think the CRT years had the most variety.

.
I’m thinking no rules.
Run what you brung.
2 stroke, 4 stroke, 500cc 1500 cc.

Let the best combination be recognized as, well, the best combination.

Re: Racing

oldironnow
I like that.
MotoProto
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Racing

I would even watch that. Open class racing!

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Is this new cc limit designed to stagger the Japanese, or keep out any new entrants who have been working to enter the game? Both?
Or maybe help the Japanese get back in the game?
What is the reference to ‘very cool motoGP regulations’?
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Racing

motogrady

Well…..we all know the reason is money.
The factories do what they do to kind of keep a lid on
how much they have to spend.

Unlimited, heck, Honda would have a unobtanium 225lb bike out there that puts out 400 hp.

I’ve thought now and then, no rules, maybe one.
What you start the season with, you finish with.
Backup bikes, spares, yeah.
Or you could throw that out.
A 1200cc bike for the big, long straight tracks,
a 750 for the tighter tracks.
Choose whatever you think would be best at the track the morning of the event.

But, the money thing comes in to play again.

Back to reality…….I liked the 500cc 2s days before traction control.

The best combo for the quickest time around a track, one can look to the IOM maybe.
I mean they still set records almost every year.
That a fire breathing 1000cc v4 smoker with all the new brakes and suspension would give the absolute fastest time….I guess we will never know.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

whatarush
2027 will see the 1000 cc MOTOGP bikes cut back to 850cc.

https://motorcyclesports.net/manufacturers-agree-to-reduce-motogp-engines-to-850cc/
Damn, why? They've been down that path before. What are they thinking - Yo-Yo'ing cc limits on a never ending cycle?
I know right, back to lower torque and single file racing with raised corner speed. 😔

Re: Racing

whatarush
While searching the internet for more info of why MotoGP has decided to go with less cc again. I found a three part interview with Corrado Cecchinelli on the future of MotoGP.

https://motomatters.com/interview/2023/11/04/corrado_cecchinelli_on_the_future_of.html

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2023/11/05/corrado_cecchinelli_on_the_future_of.html

https://motomatters.com/interview/2023/11/07/corrado_cecchinelli_on_the_future_of.html

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Whatever the rationale for the change, it feels like a step backwards to me. I know that's an illogical reaction, but going down in power just feels like a retreat. It's depressing.

Of course, that may be in part my reaction in analogy to the changes in my own riding, where I have downsized from powerful Superbike to middleweight. Even though I had good reason to downsize not all related to age and ability, there are times I feel like I am in retreat, which isn't a good feeling. (Thankfully the ZRX still in the garage 😉).
Ahhhh……don’t let it get you down my friend.

You’re still out there. You still have the spirit.

Had a young guy kind of throw a slight at me about a year ago on the job.  A young electrical apprentice. Myself and his boss were kind of claiming the same space to run our work.

“Man, I hope I can still do it when I’m old like you” he says.

“You’ll be lucky to even live half as long” I told him.

Re: Racing

Anyone see this?
4 years banned from racing, for what he says was a contaminated steak.

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/1039897/1/ducati-issue-ominous-assessment-andrea-iannone-s-first-worldsbk-test
I believe he was banned for ‘doping’ up a good ride by getting plastic surgery during the racing season.

.

Looks like he was transmitting when he should have been receiving.

Re: Racing

Whatever the rationale for the change, it feels like a step backwards to me. I know that's an illogical reaction, but going down in power just feels like a retreat. It's depressing.

Of course, that may be in part my reaction in analogy to the changes in my own riding, where I have downsized from powerful Superbike to middleweight. Even though I had good reason to downsize not all related to age and ability, there are times I feel like I am in retreat, which isn't a good feeling. (Thankfully the ZRX still in the garage 😉).
In retreat… I’m personally feeling these days like Napoleon in Moscow in the October…
Still dreaming of Big Plans while fires of all sizes keep breaking out.

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Racing

“You’ll be lucky to even live half as long” I told him.
That’s brilliant

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Rumor mill has Marini switching to Repsol Honda for 2024.
I was shocked at first but after this article it makes sense.

https://www.the-race.com/motogp/luca-marini-ideal-marc-marquez-honda-2024-motogp-replacement/

Re: Racing

Last season Marquez was towing Morbidelli though Morbidelli tried to avoid it.
Morbidelli says, “Don’t blame the rider. They just work here.”

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/why-its-time-to-stop-whining-about-marquezs-motogp-qualifying-tactics/10546771/

Re: Racing

Rumor mill has Marini switching to Repsol Honda for 2024.
I was shocked at first but after this article it makes sense.

https://www.the-race.com/motogp/luca-marini-ideal-marc-marquez-honda-2024-motogp-replacement/
That was a great interview.
I love long conversational quotes.

Does Honda have a Buell complex ?

Too damn small for its own damn good ?

Call Air-Tech and zip-tie an old-era Gixxer tailsection on it.
Give the riders sone space to work.

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Racing

Sounds like a deal has been struck between Yamaha.
VR46 to become a Satellite Yamaha team in 2025.
Plus a Marini replacement.

https://isp.page/news/vr46-reportedly-signs-yamaha-motogp-satellite-deal-for-2025/#gsc.tab=0

I know Rossi has roots with Yamaha but joining them and leaving Ducati seems like a losing deal.

Re: Racing

1 ... 34353637383940 ... 47