Real Rides.

1 ... 6789101112 ... 19

Re: Seen at Newcomb's

hacksaw
at my age it always pays to get out of bed.
painful as that may be.

brand new "77 GS750
bitter cold day i picked it up at the dealers. well below freezing. dumped it going around a corner when i had no traction on the cold pavement .
i didn't get hurt with so  much clothes on. but dent in the tank sucked.

Re: Seen at Newcomb's

hacksaw wrote
but dent in the tank sucked.
Good excuse for custom paint.

Re: Seen at Newcomb's

hacksaw
Painted it black .

Re: Seen at the Dealership

Re: Seen at the Dealership

Re: Seen at the Dealership

hacksaw
That’s not a very good looking motorcycle .
Certainly there must have been a beautiful red Ducati in that store?
Or do they not still make them?

I think the Himalayan is ugly as well. Although it has a little brother I believe now, which memory tells me looks pretty good.
Idk why with all the hoopala over RE their motorcycles continue to be so underpowered .
The classic bullet were beautiful and for what the represented actually had a little zip.
But the newer bikes don’t seem to have the same eye appeal. They need  more power to make up for it.

Re: Seen at the Dealership

Re: Seen at the Dealership

hacksaw
Much better in red imho. I am so over all blacked out (murdered out? ) bikes.

I do try and hang onto some interest in Ducati . I loved the pre Pierre sporty ones . The not so recent monsters and to Pierre’s credit , the retro bikes of the mid 2000’s .
Bikes like the Diavel I just can’t wrap my head around.
They might as well be from Star Wars .
But thanks for the conversation !

Re: Seen at the Dealership

impractical, and nudging 30 grand,
I'm feeling this.
It's been four+ months since my knee surgery. The healing was getting better but still not good enough to put my wife on the back of a bike and feel comfortable.
A couple weeks ago I had to work under, up and around my old 55 F100 to chase an electrical short. It took me all day but I got it worked out. Since then my knee has been killing me and I'm thinking any two up riding this year is out of the picture unless I step up to a trike.

Looking around for a Freewheeler is getting me close to that 30 grand. Even in the used market they are in the $25k mark which is still more than I wanted to go. I'm hoping to find a 2015 or '16 in the sub 20's at a dealer so I can trade in my CVO Deluxe in to knock some of that down or else I'm afraid two up riding will not be in the cards this summer which means very little riding period.

Re: Seen at the Dealership

hacksaw
What? You aren’t allowed to ride solo?

Anyway yiu could consider whatever that cvo bike is being converted to a trike. Might not cost all that much more than u lose on trading it in . And it could maybe still fit in your garage .
Or buy another Miata or Tbucket

Re: Seen at the Dealership

You should check out a factory Harley sidecar rig.

Re: Seen at the Dealership

hacksaw
That’s a good idea too!

Re: Seen at the Dealership

hacksaw wrote
What? You aren’t allowed to ride solo?

Anyway yiu could consider whatever that cvo bike is being converted to a trike. Might not cost all that much more than u lose on trading it in . And it could maybe still fit in your garage .
Or buy another Miata or Tbucket
Its not that she won't allow it. Its that she likes to ride too and I enjoy her company. A weekend ride through the woods with a good back warmer is one of life's best pleasures.

I've done the Miata and t-bucket thing. Its not the same. I've found that if it was nice enough to be in the bucket or Miata I was wishing I was on the bike.

Re: Seen at the Dealership

m143 wrote
You should check out a factory Harley sidecar rig.
A hack is another idea I am considering and actually makes more since. The dog can go along as well.
Its actually the least expensive way to go.

A good trike setup runs $10k+. A sidecar rig is more than half that.

Re: Real Rides.

Jimmy was waitin on his order when I stopped in for a shake.  Said he paid $4,700, came with a 3 year rider warranty, had put almost 10k on the clock with no issues, and loved it.  We talked about the riding areas, he knew where the good twisties were.  The Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor.  A deal.

How much was his first  service? I hear it’s over $500 just to check valve adjustment . Half the bike has to come apart . If this is true I will never buy one of these .
An inexpensive buy isn’t always the deal one thinks it is.

Re: Seen at the Dealership

My good friend , RIP, had a police glide with a side car . He couldn’t enter my driveway because of the way the street Vs my driveway angles were on . You have seen my driveway . Lol.
Not Missouri  , I guess is flat . But it’s an idea worth considering if you don’t have  that concern .

Dogs on motorcycles. Lol. Well in all respect to uncle Ernie, if god intended dogs to ride motorcycles, he would have given them wings. Lol.

Anyone remember The Godfather from CW?
He had a (an?) ural that he used to bring to the now sadly defunct queens farm meet in queens ny every year.
He used to give side car rides to kids attending . That was a big attraction .simple thing but really hep to do .

Re: Seen at the Dealership

m143 wrote
You should check out a factory Harley sidecar rig.
A hack is another idea I am considering and actually makes more since. The dog can go along as well.
Its actually the least expensive way to go.

A good trike setup runs $10k+. A sidecar rig is more than half that.
Dogs love sidecars.

Check the hack section on ADV Rider forums.
There is a ebay/for sale thread there that is very informative.

Here's a pic of my kid's dog, he loved my sidecar.

Re: Seen at the Dealership

m143
Kirk scroll down, 100th Anniversary Hacked in Fla.

Sweet Sidecars have a great reputation.

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/hacks-related-cl-ebay-other-finds-of-interest-not-flea-market-no-inmate-ads-allowed.492526/page-1228

Re: Seen at the Dealership

...I've found that if it was nice enough to be in the bucket or Miata I was wishing I was on the bike.
That always gets me.

If it's nice - I want to be 'out there.'

Re: Seen at the Dealership

hacksaw
Is it really being “out there” on a huge tourer inside a nice comfy cockpit surrounded with electronics of every persuasion  ?
I would think a T bucket is more in the wind comparatively .
Never had a Tbucket . But I have had several Electra glides . And those were older models and less cushy than todays  and never could quite fall in love with the experience.
Although I do wish I kept the shovelhead FLT I stripped .

To each their own I hear all the time . And sure , whatever floats your boat ! (Pun intended)
But I just don’t get the big luxoliner as somehow giving a true motorcycle experience.

1 ... 6789101112 ... 19