Real Rides.

1 ... 9101112131415 ... 17

Re: Fatboy’s rig

monkeyshines
Nice score. My first Harley was a brandy new 87 FLHS. That’s a lot cooler no offense than a gold wing three wheeler. Have fun.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
I agree^

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Thanks guys. I’m looking forward to it. Once I get this home I’ll have three big twin and one small Evo in the garage. The fatboy will be jealous.

Last night the guy with the 03 contacted me saying he would be interested in my CVO Deluxe as a partial trade.
Go figure.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

motogrady
In a parking lot today, located in Deep Creek Maryland.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Re: Fatboy’s rig

That's a beautiful rig, but, damn, for some reason I can't even contemplate owning something that massive. Just the thought of moving it around in the limited space of my garage fills me with anxiety. If not for that phobia, I would own either a K1600B (practical choice) or the crazy R18. (Probably the K)
I waz wonderin’ when I saw it……..
is that a motorcycle, or is that a car?

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
I won’t even comment.

I think it's some kind of car... notice the ball hitch...

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
All you need is a top case and the ball hitch and yuu would be in .

Re: Fatboy’s rig

motogrady

The Oak Mar Motel in Oakland Maryland must be a good deal. Same place that guy on that vintage ADV stopped for the night 2 weeks ago.

Apparently these are Ca Nucks.
Tags all from Ontario.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
Do they smell like burnt forest?

Re: Fatboy’s rig

motogrady
hacksaw wrote
Do they smell like burnt forest?
No.  More like bacon.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

That Indian looks amazing from the side and rear but the front view is the reason I couldn’t warm up to the touring model. It’s like Polaris design team has a Bozo the Clown fetish.

The Vision was the same. Three sides looked good but the nose killed it’s looks.
I was able to live with the Vision because I bought it for a much better price than what the Indians go for and it was a great touring bike.

I’m sure the guy on the Indian is comfortable and fortunately he can’t see the nose while riding.
Out of that bike selection I would take the Indian over the rest.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
I wouldn’t mind having a Ness Jackpot but the vision hurt my vision . And that Indian doesn’t look much like an Indian. No thanks!

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Here ya go Keith,

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2007-Victory-Vegas+Jackpot+Arlen+Ness-5024499187

Fly and ride.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

oldironnow
It's two-tone.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

Seems to be quite a deal.
It’s really a shame Polaris did away with victory .
With Arlen gone I would think these would be a decent investment.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

It's two-tone.

.
I've never been a big fan of Victories styling but I do like that one. The back tire could be a little skinnier but the color scheme is righteous.

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw
fat back tires were all the rage a few years ago. and of course we are talking Arlen here.
idk how much a Ness bike actually differs from a stocker. i also believe , as in think, that there were cory ness bikes and even a 3rd generation ness bike.
these bikes are typical of the era. so nostalgia may improve their desirability down the road. i do recall looking at one at one when my triumph dealer was handling victory. at the time i didnt think the paint in person looked as good as it does on the internet. i could change my mind on that though.
if i had 5k in play money and thought i was actually going to ride this bike i could look a bit harder at it.

some of Arlens later creations were just over the top. like 57 chevy styling etc.
but he sure built some hot diggers in the early years and was a big highlighter of harley sportsters.if i remember correctly he bought up all the factory left over xlcr's that went unsold.
Arlen Ness RIP

Re: Fatboy’s rig

hacksaw

this shows the fatter tyre