Real Rides.

123456

Re: Real Rides.

Mad4TheCrest
On the Crest today, still breaking in the Moto2. Picts are of my new bike and a couple of interesting others in Newcombs parking lot (Newcombs is kaput, but the forest service is leaving the lot open, bless their smoky little hearts).

Not shown was a close encounter with noted You Tube vlogger "Max Wrist". He and a gaggle of buddies swarmed and parked all around my defenseless and impressionable Moto2. He was nice as can be to my little Daytona, but I made sure to get outta Dodge before they did. If you wonder why check out Wristy's channel. The man has crashed bikes in more countries than most of us have been to (except maybe Oldiron).

Now the pics:

And last but not least, an HP2, which for some reason insists on inserting upside down. Sorry guys I don't know how to fix it.

Re: Real Rides.

oldironnow
Your Triumph is the best there. How was the riding?

Re: Real Rides.

Mad4TheCrest
oldironnow wrote
Your Triumph is the best there. How was the riding?
Thanks, Man. The riding was great because the roads were mostly empty. The forest roads have only just reopened and the camping is still closed so light traffic. The weather was perfect and the road surface was clean.  I am still on break in and riding carefully and staying in Road Mode, but even with those limitations, I can say this bike is a scream to ride. For such modest dyno numbers it sure feels endlessly powerful, and I have yet to go above 7k revs. Promise of great things to come, i hope. Question to me: how in The hell did I survive the 1198SP for five years if this small displacement bike feels so powerful?

Re: Real Rides.

motogrady

Spotted in West Virginia.  This 1998 GSX 600 was bought years ago with 500 miles on it.
Now, 15,000 miles later, powder coated all black, with little more than a $400 Werx pipe on it, it's still a real rider.

Re: Real Rides.

oldironnow
Love it.
Dirtbike helmet noted.

Re: Real Rides.

m143
Real good weather for this old Airhead.

Re: Real Rides.

motogrady
Maxwell House Blue.  Always looks good.

Was showing a customer the site, and this thread just yesturday.  One of those 50 something construction company owners, that hasn't ridden in decades, "since I broke my leg in 5 places when a guy pulled out in front of me."

The VRod was too chopper like.
Didn't like the crotch rockets at all.
That Royal Enfield, caught his eye, thought they were still made in The UK.
When he saw that blue beemer he kinda lit up.

Told me......
"I think about getting back out there.  It crosses my mind. If I do, that's the bike I'd do it on."

Re: Real Rides.

m143 wrote
Real good weather for this old Airhead.

Boy, looks fantastic in the autumn sun.

The local Beemer shop has one of those in his shop. He also has a R90S in there. Of course I think he has just about one of every Beemer model crammed in there.

Has this really nice R90 rig he keeps tempting me with.

Re: Real Rides.

m143
The R90/6 with Ural is a sweet rig. I'd do it. Looking at the triple clamps I'd guess it is sorted out.

And the reach to the ground is a non issue with a side car.

I have a R/90S, it's beautiful but the riding position gets tiring real quick for my old wrists.

My blue R80/7 is Goldilocks.

The local Beemer shop has one of those in his shop. He also has a R90S in there. Of course I think he has just about one of every Beemer model crammed in there.

Has this really nice R90 rig he keeps tempting me with.

Re: Real Rides.

Fatfatboy
That rig is setup right. He had the raked trees made.
It was his bike originally. He sold it to a customer years ago. The guy died recently so he bought it back from the widow.
It’s had some electric upgrades as well.
It would be a good one. I’m just not sure I want another sidecar.
I wish I could spend a couple days with it to try it out. I’d hate to pay the $15k he wants for it only to find it’s not my thing.

Re: Real Rides.

oldironnow
Tell him I said you're trust-worthy.

Maybe sliding over a cyclevisor.com tee shirt would sweeten the deal for a short-term audition?

Re: Real Rides.

motogrady
Noticed this rider in Als basement.  A 2010 with 10k on it, this was Als first bike.
Everything but the windscreen is stock. A 675....a beautiful bike.

Re: Real Rides.

Re: Real Rides.

Re: Real Rides.

Re: Real Rides.

motogrady
This post was updated on .

Re: Real Rides.

Fatfatboy wrote

I passed this guy on Route 66 in between the town 5 miles east of my town  When I got into my town I pulled over and waited just to see if he was still heading into town.
 A few minutes later I could see his headlight coming around the bend.
I had to snap a pic.

 I saw this guy again the other day running through town. Must be his transportation.

Re: Real Rides.

oldironnow
Fatfatboy wrote
Fatfatboy wrote

 I saw this guy again the other day running through town. Must be his transportation.

We need business cards to hand out to prospects.

That should bring 'em in...

 I saw this guy again the other day running through town. Must be his transportation.
Hey, we need that guy on here!

Re: Real Rides.

oldironnow wrote
Fatfatboy wrote
Fatfatboy wrote

 I saw this guy again the other day running through town. Must be his transportation.

We need business cards to hand out to prospects.

That should bring 'em in...

I'll see what we can do.  Thought about it a few times myself......
123456