"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

1 ... 2425262728

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
You are forgetting the S.
Like in Hundreds of Dollars.

I would like a taller wider bar on my hinkley .
Thsts of I am going to ride it enuff to bother.
I had Flanders flat track bars on my 2005 T100
And I didn’t need longer cables or brake line.
Flanders makes several different spec tracker bars and I don’t recall which I used.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw

Only pic I have on phone. Can’t really see them great . Wider and a bit better shape bend than the stockers. I think I put a 1” spacer in the risers too.
I am going to have to go look on the Mac

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Yeah you warned me but I don’t hear so good. 😊
The bike handles gravel and dirt fine with about 12 pounds out of the rear tire. I think the fatter tires didn’t help here, or the low power. My off road skills are also as rusty as pallet nails.
With a skinnier tire, more cc’s and quicker reflexes I would have twisted the throttle and wheelie’d out of the rut.

On pavement the lil’ z does just fine. Yes they are wheelie machines when the body is slid back and feather the clutch. I’m not interested in it. I take to long to heal.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Try and stay in one piece .
Trying prove you are still 16yo
, well, you do have family that depend on you .
And with that , I will shut my mouth on the subject.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

 My off road skills are also as rusty as pallet nails.
With a skinnier tire, more cc’s and quicker reflexes I would have twisted the throttle and wheelie’d out of the rut.
I take to long to heal.
Best of the internet right here.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw wrote

Only pic I have on phone. Can’t really see them great . Wider and a bit better shape bend than the stockers. I think I put a 1” spacer in the risers too.
I am going to have to go look on the Mac
Hinkley's better paint scheme!
I like it!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143 wrote
Fatfatboy wrote
 My off road skills are also as rusty as pallet nails.
With a skinnier tire, more cc’s and quicker reflexes I would have twisted the throttle and wheelie’d out of the rut.
I take to long to heal.
Best of the internet right here.
Doesn’t make sense to me.
Why would a skinnier tire  help ? My experience is skinny tires ave less traction and would sink more in the mud .
But he is right about the cc. A bigger bike is in fact the issue.
Flowering prose I guess is fine if you  like that kinda thing.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Paint scheme is more triumph like imho.
But the tank on the carb bikes is a nicer shape as well.
It’s just all the more pleasing to my eyes.
Can’t beat the efi though . Bikes starts right up after sitting for months on end.
Oh well.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143 wrote
Hinkley's better paint scheme!
I like it!
I’ve always liked this color combination.
A great looking bike.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw wrote
Try and stay in one piece .
Trying prove you are still 16yo
I’m trying to.
I don’t think I’m trying to prove anything. I just like to have fun.
I am just going to have to have fun differently if I want to keep having fun. I lost out on some good riding in the last week because of my mistake.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw wrote
Why would a skinnier tire  help ? My experience is skinny tires ave less traction and would sink more in the mud .
It wasn’t mud. It was hardened dirt. It was mud when the tractor went through the low spot and made the rut.  I won’t be going back to get pictures 😀

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Not a mistake. A learning experience.
Nothing wrong with off road riding. I want to do it myself.
And I encourage you to pursue it further.

There is no way I can ride trails like I used to .and I wasn’t very good even then . But just running easy thru some old logging roads or power lines is my dream to do . No cars to worry about . Walt has the area to ride in . Not this part of Ct . First thing I do next time in the Philippines is get a 175 or 250 scrambler type bike to run around my mango farm . Mandatory 21” front wheel. Maybe thsts whst you meant about skinnier.
Unfortunately they are slowly paving the roads up that way but the orchards are mine! Another dream . lol.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143 wrote
Hinkley's better paint scheme!
I like it!
I’ve always liked this color combination.
A great looking bike.
Thanks. I should have kept it . I don’t know why I sold it?
Some owners call them creamsicle’s . Lol

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I'm looking forward to how she comes out.

That one looks to be in great shape compared to the GSX400 I dragged home a few years ago. I found it under a tarp behind a house.
The pipes were missing but wasn't in real bad condition.
I leaned it against a tree next to the house. I came home one day and it was gone. Who steels an old Japanese 400?

Issues with the 450 today.
The clutch cable matched perfectly.
But, I lost the small pin that fits in the case cover that depresses the clutch plates when you pull the lever in.

I took the case cover and cable to match it up, not realizing the pressure pin just sits in there.
It could be anywhere.  My place, my car, Terrys shop, his parking lot. I dunno.
I’m just gonna order one tomorrow.

New battery, (made in Vietnam), went in.
I’ve got lights, horn, but no starter when I hit the button.
Jumping the starter solenoid with a screwdriver yes, the motor turns over. 3 hours chasing wires and checking voltages, looks like they split the control circuit and lighting circuit.
It’s a problem with the ignition switch, the off/run switch,
or this little thing call the ignition module.
Out of patience for now, tomorrow is going another day.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

motogrady

In the thick of it.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
I assume u do have a manual.
I don’t see one in your photos.
Even a parts book can be a bigger help. That’s what can show those little parts so u don’t lose them.
And wiring diagrams .

I didn’t even know they still made acid fill batteries.
The thing I wonder , is why the picture of the later Suzuki is posted? Your bike is earlier and much better  looking.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

motogrady

I got a manual, a Clymer I believe, from the previous owner but can’t find it. I’ll look today, there should be a wiring diagram in there.  That would help.

The bike posted is the patient.
It’s a1982 GS450T.
Not a lot of them from what I’m told.
The T is for touring. Which in this case means slightly taller
gearing.

I dunno.  I think the biggest change I’m gonna make on it is just take off the turn signals.
I like how doing that makes a bike look and feel lighter, slimmer.

Effing guy at the inspection station won’t even notice.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Agree with you on the turn signals. The stock ones really stick out.
In Missouri you don’t have to have them but if they’re on there they gotta work.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
that's interesting.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
Digging further into the EX250.
I drained the fuel tank and put the not-too-bad-looking gasoline into Ratana.
Tonight, I pulled the carbs and cleaned out the jets.
Need to get a new battery.
The plan is to get it back to status quo ante bellum; maybe there’s a place for it in AHRMA.

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.
1 ... 2425262728