"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

1 ... 25262728

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
I was surprised how clean it looked inside.

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Also, Monday, attended to the Buell.
A random reluctant start with compression stroke kickback and sometimes enough draw on the battery to reset the trip meters (deep breath) had become an odd shutdown and several cyclings of the dash (ecm) self-check process.

Thinking it was the old battery, i got ready to pull it.
But the positive cable was slightly loose on the post.
There were two solid rings of carbon that needed cleaning.

.

oldironnow
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

motogrady

Didn’t lose a pushpin.
The effin clutch rod was sticking out of the case.
Thought it was a dowel to line up the cover. 😬

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

You can see it has been moving.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
red ground?????

oh that's the battery? weird side post?

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

motogrady

On the Gs450.
Clutch back together.

Electric’s, pretty much all day and it’s still messing with me. 😕

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw wrote
red ground?????

oh that's the battery? weird side post?
On a Buell CityX, the battery is mounted back down between the tail section rails.

I think it's a generic Sportster battery. There's some kind of memory that the HD dealer said they didn't have a Buell battery, but the number matched up with something on their shelf.

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Must be. It looks like the post is off to the side of the battery . I guess it’s not .
Sportster and fxe batteries were the same for decades.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

oldironnow
IMG_2691.mov