"WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

1 ... 232425262728

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

grado
Administrator
hacksaw wrote
Black 69 what?
In where?
I thought you were the guy back in the old CW forums that had a Kawasaki Mach 3 in your younger days.    A 1969.
Maybe it wasn’t you.  Sounded like it tho.
The guy would go city to city at night cruising at about 100.

The one in the classified here, I was told it’s from an old Church that’s chock full of some really off the wall, mostly Euro bikes.

I had a 1970.  A blue one. Which was a looker no doubt about it.  But I always thought that charcoal black ‘69,
first year, was the baddest looking bike out there.

1969. They cost $999.00. The quarter mile in about 11 seconds out of the box.

1972, nobody in my town, or High School,  had a quicker vehicle, red light to red light.

Nobody.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
I be will look. Lol.
Mine I belive was a 71. Didn’t have the kawi plastic tail section .
Here they wanted 9999.99 or something .
But you had to choose between pionts or a front disc
Meaning the faster ones didn’t stop as well.
Mine didn’t stop ! lol.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

grado
Administrator

Yea that was the deal.
I took the surface gap plugs/electronic ing.

Not only did mine not really stop,
it kinda had a hinge in the middle of the frame.
Leaned over and on the gas in a big sweeper or cloverleaf,
hold the heck on!

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
I used surface gap plugs with some success.
There was an issue in keeping the oil pump adjusted.
Hinge is correct . Hit a manhole at 90mph and pray ! But man did they howl with chambers!
😄😄😄
I would even buy the later 350 just to make the racket .

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I'm looking forward to how she comes out.

That one looks to be in great shape compared to the GSX400 I dragged home a few years ago. I found it under a tarp behind a house.
The pipes were missing but wasn't in real bad condition.
I leaned it against a tree next to the house. I came home one day and it was gone. Who steels an old Japanese 400?

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw
Even though I prefer Suzuki , thsts one of the ugliest they ever made . Junk people steal them . It might have bought a family dinner or a drug addict a fix. Who knows?
But they did u a favor!
I was given a kawi 400 ruster . I left it in Pa. As I was dragging better bikes home and had no room on the truck . It’s still there . I did want the mc plate off it .but the nuts  was rusted and I didn’t have time to play  with it

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

grado
On the Suzuki.

Picked up a clutch cable and battery today.
Gonna try and get ‘em in tomorrow.
Was thinkin it was gonna be around $150 for both, as online search indicated.

Freakin internet.

Terry down at the local shop matched up a clutch cable
(“Just bring it in I got a hundred or so, we’ll just match one up.”) $26 bucks.
A battery, existing one nada hold any charge, $56.
After hitting 4 different places the biggest dealer here had one.  Thought to myself this is gonna be $100 at least.

2 good deals. Pleasantly surprised. A good day.🙂

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Actually rode maybe 40 miles

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

motogrady

Didn’t ride at all.
Put maybe 150 on my ‘99 Suburban.
Looked at 2 jobs.
Shot the s&$t with one of my customers for maybe an hour.
Had a large cheese pizza at Big Al’s in Saberton.
Picked up a check for a job we did last month.
Hung out at Morgantown Powersports inspecting the new bikes for this year.

All from the leather covered front seat, that could pass for a living room couch, in the vehicle that has a 350 v 8 I got to pull the RV.

Yeah, I didn’t ride a fuc&ing mile lol

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143
I rode to work, took the long way and enjoyed it.
My Old Lady rode her new Bonniville to work also. Her commute is terrifying, I used to do it.
She's been riding in all week, no problems. She is enjoying the ride and the comments from some of her younger co- workers.
A few are telling her that they "had no idea she was such a bad ass".
She laughs and tells them she's been riding longer then they have been alive.
Hope this weather holds a while longer.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

grado wrote
On the Suzuki.

Picked up a clutch cable and battery today.
Gonna try and get ‘em in tomorrow.
Was thinkin it was gonna be around $150 for both, as online search indicated.

Freakin internet.

Terry down at the local shop matched up a clutch cable
(“Just bring it in I got a hundred or so, we’ll just match one up.”) $26 bucks.
A battery, existing one nada hold any charge, $56.
After hitting 4 different places the biggest dealer here had one.  Thought to myself this is gonna be $100 at least.

2 good deals. Pleasantly surprised. A good day.🙂
Good deals Grado.
Every time I get a battery at the auto parts store I’m flipping out a buck and a quarter at least.
I did a mock up with 12” bars on the ST. A 8” over cable is shooting the hundred dollar mark.
HD always stood for Hundred Dollar for a reason.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

hacksaw wrote
Actually rode maybe 40 miles
With your issues I’m glad you’re still able to get in the wind. I know it probably ain’t easy but I hope it was a great 40 miles.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Hung out at Morgantown Powersports inspecting the new bikes for this year.
Did you see anything that sparked any interest or stood out?

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

m143 wrote
A few are telling her that they "had no idea she was such a bad ass".

If they only knew just how bad ass and how much coolness she portrays.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I’ve not rode since last Saturday when I took the lil’ z down a gravel road that turned into a dirt road that turned into a tractor trail.
Riding in first gear I hit a deep rut that only one wheel went into throwing me to the ground with both legs pinned under the bike. Cooked a 4” cherry on my right calf.

I’ve been riding street bikes for around 40 years. I’ve had more mishaps in the last year than the previous 39.
I’m starting to feel like I should put training wheels on all the bikes or just ride like an old man doing the speed limit and nothing adventurous.

Before the tumble

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

Hung out at Morgantown Powersports inspecting the new bikes for this year.
Did you see anything that sparked any interest or stood out?
The KTM adventure bikes are massive.

I’ll try and hit it again this week and get pics.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I’Cooked a 4” cherry on my right calf.

I’ve been riding street bikes for around 40 years. I’ve had more mishaps in the last year than the previous 39.
I’m starting to feel like I should put training wheels on all the bikes or just ride like an old man doing the speed limit and nothing adventurous.
Holy crap.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I think I tried to warn you . And if I didn’t , I suck for not doing so or not doing it in a stronger way.
They just aren’t designed to carry an adult safely. Kawasaki tries to make them look like a Z bike . Which imho is not just ugly but makes the bike prone to , as u found out , wheelie with adult weight slid back .

Anyway none of this helps you recover . Which I certainly hope you do quickly.
If u still insist on playing with kids toys I suggest a Coleman mini . Or even better if you can find something similar made in USA . Coleman’s can be adult riddin.
Take it easy , friend.

Re: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE TODAY"

I tried to like ktm “adventure” bikes . Or what o call dual purpose bikes. The fall markdown on leftovers was very enticing . Too bad the bikes suck.
Even the smaller cc models i could barely find a way to get comfortable on. The foot controls were like made out of tinker toys. And there was just way too much plastic . It just screamed Tupperware!
I really wanted to buy one despite the fact the styling doesn’t really work for me. I am glad I didn’t now that they are starting to make them in communist China.
Too bad, I was willing to swallow the styling for them remarkable pricing . But I couldn’t see riding safely on one.
Too top it off this dealer also sells RE.
They make too many models now for me to wrap my head around . But a couple felt really good .
If the classic came out again in 500cc I would be hard pressed not to buy one. High pipes and universal tyres would be wicked scrambler cool.