Racing

1 ... 1314151617

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

oldironnow
Mad4TheCrest wrote
This just in: Ducati will replace Energica as the e-bike supplier for Moto-E beginning in 2023.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/ducati-motoe-2023/

How much do you want to bet this means Ducati will buy Energica?
Interesting take.

Energica is a subsidiary of CRP Group. Maybe they want out, or maybe Ducati feels the need to buy in today.

https://www.crp-group.com

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

Fatfatboy
Yamaha has confirmed that its 2022 satellite team will be former Sepang International Circuit CEO Razlan Razali’s new RNF Racing.

https://the-race.com/motogp/yamahas-new-satellite-team-has-one-year-motogp-deal/

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

motogrady

I just saw where the team that Dovi is on is hiring a young gun right out of moto3.

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

Mad4TheCrest
That's excellent! Not great for Dean's chances of getting any brand money for his site, but excellent.

About his assessment: it's hard to tell how good or not so good the CBRR-R is when your riders are falling off like leaves from autumn trees. On the other hand, a bike that on paper should be a top contender lavished mid pack in most of the series it contends. The mystery is why. Similar to the long mediocre WSBK career of the otherwise successful S1000RR. Why?

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

whatarush
I was over at wsbk site and seen that Honda was using a torque sensor during winter testing to measure output torque for traction control strategies and input torque for engine braking.

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2021/TECH%20DIVE%20talking%20torque%20the%20torque%20sensor%20explained

So I went searching the www for any updates and found this. Where Honda has revealed patent documents for the new fireblade. 8th generation? Or just a lightweight limited homolgated to race??

https://www-visordown-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/honda-mulling-radical-ducati-style-rethink-its-superbike-project?amp=&_gsa=1&_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16353160069203&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.visordown.com%2Fnews%2Fnew-bikes%2Fhonda-mulling-radical-ducati-style-rethink-its-superbike-project

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

Mad4TheCrest wrote
That's excellent! Not great for Dean's chances of getting any brand money for his site, but excellent.

About his assessment: it's hard to tell how good or not so good the CBRR-R is when your riders are falling off like leaves from autumn trees. On the other hand, a bike that on paper should be a top contender lavished mid pack in most of the series it contends. The mystery is why. Similar to the long mediocre WSBK career of the otherwise successful S1000RR. Why?
With the S1000RR, I think the street machine is biased to street perfection - the wheelbase is too long. If the swingarm gets shortened to increase nimbility (I hear you), the swingarm is too short and that comprises rear wheel compliance. I think that's why that bike always fades.

As to the CBR1000RR-R-SP-LMNOPQRST , I believe the Marquez/MotoGP effort has been sucking up all the engineering cash and time. Likely another nice street machine that's not designed to be the tip of the spear.  The riders have been falling off late this season due to over riding it for some results for their jobs.

All of the above, strictly IMO and absolutely Friday night conjecture.

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

whatarush wrote
[...]

Thanks for the links.

Like it says, a new bike when the current iteration is new?

What do you think of the design?

The article says the team is searching for proper chassis flex, but thgis design gives me flashbacks to that carbon-fiber non-frame Desmosedici that was unrideable.

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/honda-mulling-radical-ducati-style-rethink-its-superbike-project

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

oldironnow
I just finished Race 1 and 2 from WSBK Argentina.

Race 2 is worth the time. Good ol' battle.

Kawasaki is aged and they celebrated it with some retro '80s/'90s livery

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

Fatfatboy
Why does "Grasshopper" come to mind?

Re: Ducati new MotoE provide from 2023

"...Likely another nice street machine [CBR1000RR-R] that's not designed to be the tip of the spear..."

From the reviews I've read and seen, the 30k CB-Ahrrr is extremely fast at peak revs (at least in EU spec) but is spectacularly gutless down low for a literbike. That seems like Honda trying hard to build a race bike without much thought for the Street. If that is the case, the mystery is why Big Red with its engineering talent hasn't succeeded with this bike. I think your S1000RR scenario makes sense, but in Honda's case this bike is already designed with the track foremost in mind, so the wheelbase and swingarm should be suited for purpose. Of course, this bike hasn't had time for upgrades yet based on experience, so maybe they got something just a bit wrong and can fix it in a year or two.

Or, maybe the issue is Honda just designs hard bikes to ride, just like their RCV, and they need a Marquez level talent to win with them. If so, I am not sure if Iker Lecuona and the other rider they chose are the ticket.

Re: MM hurt again (or more)

Re: MM hurt again (or more)

oldironnow
Mad4TheCrest wrote

Oh that is really terrible.

Re: MM hurt again (or more)

Fatfatboy
Poor guy can’t catch a break.
I have to wonder just how much longer will Honda keep paying his $9 million salary?
Honda has always seemed like a company that will only put up with winner.

Re: MM hurt again (or more)

Fatfatboy
The house we rented in Florida doesn’t have a tv worthy of a GP race so I’ve not had a chance to watch Portugal yet so I have no idea how I’m doing in the league but I guess I better switch out Marquez now.

Can I post it here so I don’t have to see the race results before watching the race?

WSBK - New Champion

Mad4TheCrest
WSBK 2021 is done and dusted, and Johnny Rea's 6-year title streak has ended. I think the kid is either the greatest ever or at least the greatest since Bayliss retired. He is certainly the most successful ever. But no matter, there is a new champion - Toprak Razgatioglu. If I am not mistaken this is the first time a Yamaha rider has topped WSBK and MotoGP in the same year since Ben Spies and Valentino Rossi in 2009. Let the tuning fork celebrations begin!

Re: WSBK - New Champion

oldironnow
Sea change.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/ryder-notes-what-is-going-on/

Re: WSBK - New Champion

Re: WSBK - New Champion

My mind has been wondering down this same path. Seems there is a change in the guard. Rossi stepping aside is kind of a confirmation of this and with Marc being basically "invisible" for two seasons I have to wonder if his time is up.

I guess we still have Vinney out there as well as Miller and the Espargaro bros. but I notice the salaries are much less for these riders. Even Vinney was dropped down to $2 or 3 million when he switched to Aprilia.

Makes me think the factories could start saving some big cash with the younger guys with much lower salaries. Can these guys bring in the money that Rossi has?
Rossi brought in a ton of cash with the sales of yellow knickknacks alone.

1 ... 1314151617