Racing

1 ... 14151617181920 ... 42

Re: WSBK - New Champion

Wouldn't it be great if this was a start of getting 'Mericuns back into the GP.

The Sunday of the Valencia race while on dialysis I was flipping through the channels of the little TV that hangs on a boom connected to my chair and the Valencia Motogp came up on the screen. It was on a local NBC channel. Not even a cable channel. That is the first I've ever seen it on a non-cable channel.

Re: WSBK - New Champion

whatarush
WSBK 2021 is done and dusted, this is the first time a Yamaha rider has topped WSBK and MotoGP in the same year since Ben Spies and Valentino Rossi in 2009. Let the tuning fork celebrations begin!
IMO It took the FIM to hobble the Duc and Kawi in WSBK and allow them to run their updated valves through the 2020-2021 seasons in MotoGP, even though Yamaha was one of the factory teams that wanted to lock engine development for 2020-2021.

Racing

whatarush
Jack Miller is racing in the last rd of the asbk this weekend.  https://www.asbk.com.au/

Streaming can be seen here http://www.asbk.com.au/live-stream/

Jack qualified 2nd. Not bad for being his first time there on a bike he bought.

From https://www.mcnews.com.au/jack-miller-asbk-superbike-2021-thebend/
In many other Superbike series around the world their race bikes would be modified in many other ways that would also prevent any MotoGP rider from legally being able to ride them at all, let alone race them. But luckily, ECU aside, our ASBK Superbikes are otherwise so standard that Miller can race here without breaking the MotoGP testing rules that only allow competitors to ride production bikes with minimal changes. And that, essentially, is what an Australian Superbike is. Our Superbikes are more standard than most Superstock categories around the world, let alone a British Superbike or World Superbike.

So who is supplying Jack this free ASBK spec’ Ducati Panigale V4 R to race at The Bend?

Nobody.

Jack bought it himself, with his own money.

Jack recently purchased a spare bike from DesmoSport Ducati through Ben Henry. A spare bike from the ASBK squad with a fresh engine and taken to Darwin as a spare but never raced. Jack himself hasn’t even seen it yet, let alone thrown a leg over it.

While many people in the world of racing would simply not believe that Jack buys his own bikes, we can tell you that is exactly what he does.

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Thanks for the links!

Re: Racing

oldironnow
Yamaha Hiring Big To Crush The Opposition in 2022

Re: Racing

Rossi finally has a sponsor.
Italian banking firm Mooney.

 I would of that this would of settled long ago.

https://the-race.com/motogp/rossis-team-finds-replacement-title-sponsor-for-motogp-2022/

"Do you know how many princes we have in Saudi Arabia?"

Re: Racing

oldironnow
An enormous stack of birthday good-wishes stories for Kenny Roberts on his 70th. There's even a few back in 'older posts' on a previous page. I enjoyed working up for the earliest posts.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/news/

Re: Re:AMA Supercross

actually watched some motogp today.
for some reason newsmax was down on my server.
so surfing "live tv" i found some station with motogp on. watched a bunch of laps. the lead switched once i think. some american won. and also another american placed 3. suzukis. idk where the race was. wasnt all that interesting because the TV leader board doesnt show the brand. maybe i will watch again.

Re: Racing

old iron - yammie gave him a yellw and block striped quad. lol.

Re: Racing

fat2-
team Martini?

[img]https://www.totalwine.com/dynamic/x490,sq/media/sys_master/twmmedia/hc6/hc8/12343410098206.png[/img]

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Petrucci is coming to Motto-America on a Ducati.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-racing/danillo-petrucci-interview-motogp-dakar-motoamerica/

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

Re: Racing

motogrady
Ya, screw waiting imo.  You get an offer for a Motogp ride, you grab it.

Re: Racing

Good point Mad. I never thought of it that way.
I thought he was doing the right thing to ride it out in MOTO2 for another year but I noticed he went down in the final standings. 7th in 2020. 13th in 2021. Maybe the new bike transitioning will be over for this year and he can do better. He needs to if he plans to move up to the big league.
I hope he does. It sure would be cool to have the ol' red, white and blue to cheer on amongst the Spaniards and Italians.

Re: Racing

oldironnow
There's always WSBK.
Or could always be WSBK.
Not sure if he's wanted or can bring the ca$h. This American Racing Team is focused on MotoGP and Joe himself may not have enough cred to support a WSBK team.

Re: Racing

1 ... 14151617181920 ... 42